Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181964 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

1. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Add another airport to the list I prefer OKC over -- MCO.

2. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Add another airport to the list I prefer OKC over -- MCO.
    I was just there today and I really dont like it. Having to ride the shuttle out to the gates, IMO, is a horrible design.

3. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I was just there today and I really dont like it. Having to ride the shuttle out to the gates, IMO, is a horrible design.
    Was my "home airport" for 8 years and I loved it. I really like how light and open it is and I love the shuttle ride to the air side terminals...gives you a view at the nicely landscaped surroundings and continues the "ride" theme of Orlando's attractions...it is your first and then your last ride of your vacation. I also appreciate the classical music they always have had playing as background music throughout...very calming. But I love WRWA as well...probably for more important reasons that one should love an airport...convenience being #1. Love it.

4. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Not to mention the massing of people in the gate areas due to the clustering of so many gates in close proximity to one another (with no separation).

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

3/10/2015

Stuff going on here.

not sure if this has been covered already (if it has, sorry), but where's the best place to park for a week-long trip out of town?

i know the airport itself has different levels of parking, but not sure of the different off-site parking lots.

the only place right now is USA Park, https://www.usaparkokc.com/, the property has had many, many names over the years. I've never used them, always have parked at the airport myself just for the better sense of security and location.

8. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I am frequently gone on week long to two week long trips (currently am) and always park in the garage. Of course I can expense the parking, but at $7/day it is very reasonable, IMO.

thanks all!

If you live in the metro, why not use Uber or other cab service? Can be well worth it especially for long trips.

I used USAPark last month for the first time and will continue to use it. $4.50 a day for covered parking and much safer than a parking garage since USA Park is staffed 24 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I used USAPark last month for the first time and will continue to use it. $4.50 a day for covered parking and much safer than a parking garage since USA Park is staffed 24 hours a day.
    Much safer?

Yeah is someone standing at your car 24/7?

I agree with Kerry about safety. I don't know anything about the safety statistics but personally I feel much better leaving my car at a manned lot. That is from the standpoint of both my car's safety and my safety when dropping it off and picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    If you live in the metro, why not use Uber or other cab service? Can be well worth it especially for long trips.
    I looked up a fare estimate with Uber from West Norman to the airport once, it was $40 each way and that wasn't at a peak time.

Blog Entries

Been parking at the airport for about 35 years. Never had a safety or security issue.

The airport parking garage has 24/7 CCTV security monitoring (and the feed goes directly to the airport police office which DOES always have someone watching).

The airport parking operator also has someone who drives thru the parking garage every 30 minutes 24/7.

If you are worried about your car being broken into, the airport parking garage is probably the most secure place to leave your car for any length of time.

They also recently revamped all of the lighting fixtures, the garage is now very well lit at all times.

I wish WRWA's airport website displayed real-time parking availability. I'm flying out tomorrow and would prefer to park in the garage, but yesterday when I dropped my wife off, the garage was full. If I can't park in the airport garage I would prefer to Uber rather than park there at all.

I don't feel that the airport parking is necessarily unsafe but, as I said, I just personally feel more comfortable at the off airport site. The garage at the airport is always the best option. I've only parked in one of the out lots once and I never want to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    I wish WRWA's airport website displayed real-time parking availability. I'm flying out tomorrow and would prefer to park in the garage, but yesterday when I dropped my wife off, the garage was full. If I can't park in the airport garage I would prefer to Uber rather than park there at all.
    I also wish they would build a canopy over the rooftop level. And since it's likely to not happen, I wish they would warn you earlier that the rooftop is the only parking available, as it often is. As it is, they have a little sign in front of the ticket dispenser, by the time you get there it is impossible to get out without entering the garage. As long as you go straight to the exit they won't charge you, but still a hassle.

Parking at the airport is safe. You will not believe how many cameras are around. The garage not to long ago updated their camera systems plus a lot of people don't know is a police station ( airport police station ) is in the underground tunnel which is connect to the garages and monitored by them along with 24 courtesy patrol provided by abm ( the ones who operate and manage the parking facility). All lots are monitored 24/7 lot#1 is the home base for all the shuttle employees so that area has employees around it 24/7, lot #3 has employees in that lot 24/7 as well. All lots have 24/7 surveillance monitored by airport police., and management of the parking provides courtesy patrol 24/7 at all lots, you should see the recent updates especially at the main toll booths, lots of security cameras for you vehicles safety

catch 22 you can always call 24/7 405-316-3250 they will be able to update you on the status of what parking lots are closed and opened and if the garage is only roof top at that time

23. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I usually leave on Sundays so I've only been relegated to the top of the garage once. During this season, the garage is a blessing as I don't have covered parking at my apartment.

I found a garage spot two weekends ago even when the sign saying garage full was up. I've said for years that the garage parking at WRWA is too cheap and the airport is missing out on extra revenue. They would still fill it at $10/day.

25. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Don't give them any ideas!!!!

Thread Information