Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza

Default Best Pizza

What are your thoughts?

What area, what makes it great, what style, overall or a specialty pizza?

2. Default Re: Best Pizza

Empire. That is all.

Default Re: Best Pizza

I really like the thin crust at Joey's on Film Row.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I really like the thin crust at Joey's on Film Row.
    I second Joey's. I know Empire is the popular choice and for good reason, but I feel like Joey's is largely ignored and underrated because of it's location. It's one of those places that never makes the top of your list, but then you have it and are like 'man why don't I come here more often?' The crust and red sauce are really unique and tasty.

Thin Crust at Joey's is by far the best pizza I've ever had. Anywhere. Except this place on Hollywood BLVD and Cahuenga. But it is the second best pizza I've ever had and the best in OKC, imo.

Joey's. It's the closest you will find in OKC to the NYC-style pizza you can get on the east coast. Hopefully they are able to hang on until the 21c hotel and the proposed residential comes online. I think it will be much more popular once more people become aware of Film Row.

I haven't been to Joey's, but I really have enjoyed Papa Angelo's on N. W. 39th near University. Empire was really good too, but I would choose Papa Angelo's.
    C. T.

The grateful head in Broken Bow. Its worth the drive, but its even better if you spend the weekend in one of the beautiful cabins and eat it a few days in a row.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Empire. That is all.
    Empire - Foghorn Leghorn

10. Default Re: Best Pizza

I like Sandros in Norman across from the HS, there is also one in Moore that is owned by his brother or nephew, the one in Norman is much better. Good almost authentic NY style pizza (they don't import water or anything crazy like that.).

Empire is great for thin crust/NY-esque pizza. On the regular, I do prefer Pizzeria Gusto, and for mid-week, my go to is Hideaway. I need to try Joeys more often. Do they deliver?

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Empire is great for thin crust/NY-esque pizza. On the regular, I do prefer Pizzeria Gusto, and for mid-week, my go to is Hideaway. I need to try Joeys more often. Do they deliver?
    Yes they do, not sure their radius though.

^

Yes, Joey's delivers.

Not in OKC but I think NY Pizza and Pasta in Norman trumps anything we have in the city. Here, I'm going with Empire. Will have to try Joeys again; wasn't blown away the first and only time I had it.

Love Saucee Sicillian, their Margherita Piza is one of the best pizzas I've ever had and it's a pretty decent size as well.

I love the Margherita pizza at Puzzeria Gusto.

I think is mostly a matter of preference. My wife loved the pizza at PSM over NY style pizza in NYC, which blew me away. I would say Empire, Joey's, Pizza 23 and am really liking Revolve on Memorial. Good pizza for one person and you get five minutes after you order it.

Nomad hands down.

Blog Entries

I second Empire, Joey's et al but will add Humble Pie in Edmond to the fray. Best deep dish I know of in OKC area.

^^^ Yes, Humble Pie is just as good as Lou Malnati's, which has the best crust out of the major Chicago pizzerias, and has also been named best pizza in general by lots of organizations (firefighter head-to-head taste test, which is a seal of approval for me, lol). Joey's and Pizzeria Gusto are great for their crusts and ingredients, but Empire didn't do it for me, just too floppy and soggy.

21. Default Re: Best Pizza

Papa Angelo's and Humble Pie (Which is about to change their name) are my go to spots for pizza.... And I think I mentioned this on the spicy food thread but I'll mention it again here.... If you like spicy. Ask for a side of the ghost pepper sauce at Humble Pie to dip your pizza in.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Papa Angelo's and Humble Pie (Which is about to change their name) are my go to spots for pizza.... And I think I mentioned this on the spicy food thread but I'll mention it again here.... If you like spicy. Ask for a side of the ghost pepper sauce at Humble Pie to dip your pizza in.
    If anyone remembers Godfathers Pizza back in the 70s and early 80s tell me this. Where can I get something close to that? That was very good Pizza and of course they went down hill but in the early days it couldn't be beat IMO. I think that was more of a Chicago style pizza if I'm not mistaken. But it's not the same as the Godfathers stuff you find today,if you can find one.

I like Papa Angelos myself. Also off topic but does anyone know when White Castle is coming to OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    If anyone remembers Godfathers Pizza back in the 70s and early 80s tell me this. Where can I get something close to that? That was very good Pizza and of course they went down hill but in the early days it couldn't be beat IMO. I think that was more of a Chicago style pizza if I'm not mistaken. But it's not the same as the Godfathers stuff you find today,if you can find one.

I like Papa Angelos myself. Also off topic but does anyone know when White Castle is coming to OKC?
    I used to work at Godfather's back in high school, mid 2000's. The problem with Godfather's is they are gas station pizza now. It is franchised and then you order ingredients from approved vendors. I worked at the one in Enid and we put out a pretty good product.

Blog Entries

Since we are recalling past OKC pizza locations - how many here ever went to Shakeys or Shotgun Sams? Their pizza wasn't that great that I recall but sort of was an event to get to go (for me at least). And also the old Crystal's Pizza which was a pre-cursor to C-Cheese type places.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post

Tried the little Godfathers in Loves up on 1-35 and have to say it was horrible and not even close to what it used to be, be forewarned. Sammy's Pizza over on N Western back in the day had some pretty good pizza as did Shotgun Sam's and Shakee's and Pizza Planet. Ditto for Crystal's.
    Italian Jim's out in Yukon made a pretty good pizza as does Humble Pie. Had one from Joey's a while back and wasn't impressed. Overpriced and trying to hard to be hip/trendy doesn't necessarily mean a good pizza.

Thread Information