Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Mexican food in OKC besides Ted's?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mexican food in OKC besides Ted's?

Went to Casa Pericos (used to be Los Pericos) at 122nd and Penn last night. I was truly disappointed with how bland the food was. I have eaten at the one at 63rd and Meridian before and liked what I had, but this was far from that. Not only was the food not good, our server was very nice but spoke little English and had trouble communicating with us regarding our food. The room was actually kind of messy and lighting very harsh. I was very, very disappointed and won't be going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Went to Casa Pericos (used to be Los Pericos) at 122nd and Penn last night. I was truly disappointed with how bland the food was. I have eaten at the one at 63rd and Meridian before and liked what I had, but this was far from that. Not only was the food not good, our server was very nice but spoke little English and had trouble communicating with us regarding our food. The room was actually kind of messy and lighting very harsh. I was very, very disappointed and won't be going back.
    You know we went there about a month ago and the food was the same -- very bland -- and it looked different. We also noticed that none of the wait staff were the same as the time before. We went again about a week after that and had the same experience. They had to have been bought out or something because they have had the same wait staff for years and now they are all new. I'm thinking that suggests there's new management or ownership. Just a sad deal.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    You know we went there about a month ago and the food was the same -- very bland -- and it looked different. We also noticed that none of the wait staff were the same as the time before. We went again about a week after that and had the same experience. They had to have been bought out or something because they have had the same wait staff for years and now they are all new. I'm thinking that suggests there's new management or ownership. Just a sad deal.
    Been a decent amount of turnover at their 63rd location as well. Lot of the long timers are gone, but thankfully we haven't noticed a drop in food quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    B

Been a decent amount of turnover at their 63rd location as well. Lot of the long timers are gone, but thankfully we haven't noticed a drop in food quality.
    Was in the 63rd location a couple of weeks ago and the service was as friendly and prompt as ever and the food was terrific.

Abel's probably has a bit better food but I like the setting at Casa Perico better -- and that warm habanero sauce!

Has anyone else tried Hildagos in Edmond, I've been hearing really good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That was our Mexican food place we went to most, and we went expecting to be disappointed, and yep, they're off our list now. Pretty much as you and MagzOK said - just not nearly as good as they used to be. Habanero salsa wasn't as hot (both temp and spice-wise) as it used to be, Mexican corn side was worthless (Del Monte's canned would've been better), sour cream sauce didn't have enough sour cream in it, it was just white sauce, just blah. Oh well, on to the next Mexican food place (Abel's, since I've been there often and the wife hasn't, is probably our next choice).

La Brasa serves up some incredible Latin-American/Spanish dishes. It's in the old Kamps Grocery building on N Classen and 24th or 25th. The chef has done some incredible twists on dishes that are quite exquisite. One of their specialties is a whole or half roasted chicken that's been marinated in their special stuff for a couple days. My wife says the ceviche is the best in the city -- I'm not into ceviche but she gets it every time we go. The Korean Tacos are really good, the Sea Bass is excellently prepared, the steak is fabulous, and they also have a few vegetarian dishes that are full of incredible flavor. La Brasa International Cuisine.

My wife and I just tried Alfredo's Mexican Cafe at 33rd & Memorial in Edmond and it was outstanding! From start to finish, it was better than Ted's (our usual go to for TEX-MEX). Alfredo's has some traditional Mexican dishes as well as street tacos, which were really good. My wife thought the chips and salsa were as good or better than Ted's and that's the deciding factor. We'll be going to Alfredo's from now on.

Thread Information