Widgets Magazine

Thread: Stupid news reports

1. Default Stupid news reports

I bet we have all seen the news reoprt of the little kid who hit a homerun in a little league game, or the report of a news anchor watering their lawn. What stupid reports have you seen?

This morning on KWTV, they aired a news report about two women who had accidently put a donut in the trunk of their car, and found it several years later, then traveled with it...

What a waste of tape. Let alone airtime. So, Robin. You and Ed win the stupid airtime award for today.

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Stupid news reports

This is a great thread and we can keep adding to it as we run across stupid news stories. Seems like stations run stupid stories when news is slow. Have to have something to fill up those hours of broadcasting.

Can we count Kelly Ogle and his annoying "Two Cents" as stupid news reports? Or is that just hot air from a stupid reporter...anchor?

Patrick Guest

Hey, he's my Sunday School teacher! But, you're welcome to your opinion! Everyone's opinion counts here!

ErnieBall Guest

"Sunday School Teacher" does not equal "Valuable Opinion". His two cents are worthless.

I have no beef with opinion segments, as long as you run them near the end of the news, where there's no way of mistaking it for an acutal story... Or making the anchor appear away from the desk when they're doing it. At the very least, pop up the word "Commentary" on the screen.

But I think there's a serious issue at the heart of this.

There's an Ogle on TV without an opinion segment.

Kelly has "My Two Cents" (Thanks maybe to Kent Brockman?)

Kevin has or had "The Rant"

I think the "brilliant" decisionmakers behind the scenes should give Kent a segment!

Pfft...

7. Talking Re: Stupid news reports

Quote Originally Posted by 4Strong
    I have no beef with opinion segments, as long as you run them near the end of the news, where there's no way of mistaking it for an acutal story... Or making the anchor appear away from the desk when they're doing it. At the very least, pop up the word "Commentary" on the screen.

But I think there's a serious issue at the heart of this.

There's an Ogle on TV without an opinion segment.

Kelly has "My Two Cents" (Thanks maybe to Kent Brockman?)

Kevin has or had "The Rant"

I think the "brilliant" decisionmakers behind the scenes should give Kent a segment!

Pfft...
    I think the Ogle boys are just trying to follow in dear old dad's (Jack Ogle) footsteps by having their own editorial segments. I don't watch Ch. 4, so I've never seen kevin's "rant", and Kelly's "two cents" often make me sigh and change and make wish there was a commerical.

Weatherok Guest

Did anyone see that trash last night about celebrity pets....talk about lame! It was on channel 4 of course.

MadMonk Guest

I saw a "news" piece this morning about some guy who went running with the bulls in Pomplona, Spain. They even had the schmuck's mom talking about her son's wild ways.

I was standing there wondering W-T-F does this have to do with ANYTHING!?! I don't give a crap about some doofus who had a great vacation and actually got to see *gasp* Dennis Rodman in the crowd! Jeebus! Thank you channel 9 for that hard-hitting journalism...

okcradiogurl Guest

WILD 97.9 said the F word this morning? what do we think about that ain't that news?

No.

Thread Information