Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Google imagery

Default Re: New Google imagery

OKC imagery updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    OKC imagery updated!
    Can you only see the new imagery on google earth desktop? I'm not currently seeing new imagery on google maps.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Can you only see the new imagery on google earth desktop? I'm not currently seeing new imagery on google maps.
    Yes, and I think that's the way they always do it.

The images look like they are from June.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    It should show up on Google Maps soon. Just make sure you have have 3D turned off!

The new imagery is on Google Maps. Streetcar tracks are evident in Bricktown.

Imagery has been reverted for some reason. Hopefully it’s because they’ll bring a newer version. Not sure why they updated it with imagery from 4 months ago.

It is still available on Google Earth desktop. I noticed if you select the historical imagery drop down, it shows the 9/2016 imagery as current. If you close the drop down, it will show the 6/2017 imagery.

8. Default Re: New Google imagery

Imagery has been reverted for some reason. Hopefully it’s because they’ll bring a newer version. Not sure why they updated it with imagery from 4 months ago.
    I noticed the same thing. Irritating because I enjoy checking on the updated imahes and watching the city slowly progress.

New Google Earth imagery dated 1/18/2018.

Google Earth Imagery.jpg

I can't unsee that lake

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    New Google Earth imagery dated 1/18/2018.

Google Earth Imagery.jpg
    Thank you! It's a bit like Christmas when these are updated.

Just noticed that the 3D buildings on Google Maps and Earth have been updated. BOK Park Plaza, Steelyard, West Village, etc. are now modeled.

13. Default Re: New Google imagery

noice!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

It looks like google has updated some of the imagery around OKC but not the central part of the city.

As few places have been updated since early 2018, I was beginning to wonder it they decided to cut costs on their refresh cycle of new satellite images.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    As few places have been updated since early 2018, I was beginning to wonder it they decided to cut costs on their refresh cycle of new satellite images.
    I could be wrong, but this imagery isn’t satellites, the closer images are aerial imagery.

Sorry to disappoint anyone thinking this was an updated about new google imagery. But the good news is I noticed Bing Maps is slightly more updated*in some areas*showing more progress than Google is.

If you go to the Oklahoma County Assessors site, and use the map search, they have December 2019 aerials. You can turn off all of the Oklahoma County Assessor layers and its basically google earth.

^^^ thank you for the info. I am going to check that out today.

Sorry for this post as it is not new imagery but I didn’t want to create a new thread for it. In case anyone wants to know, here is how you can blur out your home on street view:

1. Go to Google Maps and enter your home address

2. Enter into Street View mode by dragging the small yellow human-shaped icon, found in the bottom-right corner of the screen, onto the map in front of your house

3. With your house in view, click "Report a problem" in the bottom-right corner of the screen

4. Center the red box on your home, and select "My home" in the "Request blurring" field

https://mashable.com/article/how-to-...e-street-view/

Google Maps globe view has updated part of OKC. The Convention Center, the Omni, Scissortail Park, the Wheeler District, and the new OU Health Patient Tower, etc. are now modeled in 3D. BancFirst Tower is also modeled with the new glass on the north face. Be sure to hover over the lower left icon, click on 'More', then click on 'Globe view'.

Folks, after 3+ years and no further ado, Google has FINALLY updated the aerial imagery for Google Maps in OKC.

Edit: weird, the interchange at I-235/I-44 still isn't showing. I guess they didn't update the entire metro. Google Maps is on some bs lately when it comes to updating imagery here.

Folks, after 3+ years and no further ado, Google has FINALLY updated the aerial imagery for Google Maps in OKC.

Edit: weird, the interchange at I-235/I-44 still isn't showing. I guess they didn't update the entire metro. Google Maps is on some bs lately when it comes to updating imagery here.
    Basically around the time they went to 3D renders of buildings to Google Maps they have had slower role outs of 2D sat images, even long after they had them in Google Earth. With the 3D option still feeling like it is in beta years later and mostly limited to major city downtowns, it seems like to would be better just to drop that and focus efforts on improving their 2D version. Granted it could just be coincidence and it more due to changes in budget over time, as how often they update street view imagery has also seemed to get slower too.

Imagery in my area of OKC still says 2017. I gave up checking.

The thing I look for to see if anything is updated is Western and Memorial and whether there is a picture of the Costco. On my phone I still don’t see a Costco, I see a blank field. So I feel like the imagery is embarrassingly out of date.,

Thread Information