Widgets Magazine

Thread: Old Borders on NW Expressway

Default Old Borders on NW Expressway

New $380K building permit to remodel this into a medical/office clinic.

Not very exciting but it will at least answer the question, "What is happening at the old Borders?"

2. Default Re: Old Borders on NW Expressway

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    New $380K building permit to remodel this into a medical/office clinic.

Not very exciting but it will at least answer the question, "What is happening at the old Borders?"
    Former Borders Book Store Sells
    On September 7th the sale of the former Borders Book Store on Northwest Expressway in Oklahoma City was finalized, the sales price was $3,225,000 and the Buyer was Accident Care & Treatment Centers, Inc. This transaction marks the sale of the last former Borders Book Store in the metro, and has helped remove an extra 24,588 square feet of vacant space from the retail market.

After the closure of the Borders Book chain, this property went through a lengthy foreclosure process and finally hit the market in the spring of this year. While marketing the property David Hartnack and Sam Swanson with NAI Sullivan Group received an enormous amount of attention from new retailers looking to use this site as a foothold to entering the Oklahoma City Market. "We had several competing offers at full asking price" stated Mr. Swanson. After reviewing all the offers submitted by NAI Sullivan Group, the Seller selected a medical office user to be the most qualified to close. The new owner's plans on opening a clinic, as well as an imaging center at this location, and is hoping to open early 2013.

Default Re: Old Borders on NW Expressway

Thanks Gary!

Hmm...would have been nice if they open another bookstore but I am not sure about opening another clinic because Mercy Hospital is close....

5. Default Re: Old Borders on NW Expressway

VERY disappointed with this usage of the space. Already enough medical in that area. A lost opportunity for the United Founders neighborhood, in my opinion.

At least something is replacing it.

And, the people this business employs will be much more highly paid that another big-box retailer.

What are they putting in the Borders in Norman or have they sold that one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    What are they putting in the Borders in Norman or have they sold that one yet?
    It has not been sold yet

My dream of a Trader Joe's occupying that space has now been dashed. :-(

11. Default Re: Old Borders on NW Expressway

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    My dream of a Trader Joe's occupying that space has now been dashed. :-(
    Would have been a great location for TJ's...my dream, too, has died.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Hmm...would have been nice if they open another bookstore but I am not sure about opening another clinic because Mercy Hospital is close....
    Are there any bookstores still adding new locations domestically? It seems like all of them have only been reducing the number they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Are there any bookstores still adding new locations domestically? It seems like all of them have only been reducing the number they have.
    I do not think so

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    It has not been sold yet
    Are you sure? I am pretty confident that the Pioneer Library System bought the building and are remodeling the former bookstore space into a new "west side" branch library.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Are you sure? I am pretty confident that the Pioneer Library System bought the building and are remodeling the former bookstore space into a new "west side" branch library.
    Correct. I believe they have already been using half of the building for administrative offices. Norman and the Pioneer library system came to deal this past summer to turn the other half into a new library.

My apologies! That is a good idea to turn into a library!

Thread Information