Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Waffle Champion

Default Re: Waffle Champion

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I think he's being smart. How many people are going to choose to eat waffles for dinner? That is the ultimate question.
    But think about it for dessert! There are a million awesome-sounding sweet, dessert-y waffles on the menu that just never sound right to me at noon. At noon I want the sausage and eggs and bacon, not the chocolate syrup and whipped cream. But at 8:30, as an after-dinner treat? Mmmmhhhh.

I suspect emerging night life scene (McNellies plus Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl, Bleu Garten, R&J Supper Club, Broadway 10 and Sidecar, with more to come) as well as lots of new residential in the immediate area (The Edge, Lift, Francis Apartments, etc.) might entice them to extend their hours.

I think he's being smart. How many people are going to choose to eat waffles for dinner? That is the ultimate question.
    Well if they considered my diet, I would be okay with waffles for dinner 7 nights out of 7.

I'm in a shrinking demographic as a pretty unhealthy eater, though.

I will eat waffles for dinner, so that's one person.

WC posting on social media asking about feedback for 24 hour operation.

Yes, please give them your feedback on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wafflechampion):

options, options, options.. we want to hear from you. lookin' at possibly extending hours after the holidays/spring-ish. 3 options we're thinkin' of (all of which we will remain closed on Mondays for cleaning and maintenance):

1. Starbucks style 7-7pm
    2. Split day 7-2pm, 7-2am
    3. 24 hours, open at 7am Tuesday and straight through til 7am Monday.

Split day might be the best for the near term; really glad to see they are considering this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I will eat waffles for dinner, so that's one person.
    Me too, especially if chicken is involved too.

I knew it was just a matter of time. I have a feeling this restaurant will eventually be 24-hours especially after The Edge and LIFT fill up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    WC posting on social media asking about feedback for 24 hour operation.
    I've been asking them nonstop for them to open 24 hours. This is awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    ... I'm in a shrinking demographic as a pretty unhealthy eater, though.
    Not much on fru fru or greens galore here either. Though no one ever suggests my particular demographic is shrinking.

Default Re: New Midtown Restaurant - Waffle Champion goes from truck to bricks

From their Facebook page

"new handrail n' seats.. now we just need some heaters!"

- https://www.facebook.com/wafflechamp...913253/?type=1

I think I will pass on eating 18 inches away from a car going 35mph.

14. Default Re: Waffle Champion

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Most cars I'm behind when traveling through there, especially during WC business hours when it is packed, are doing less than 20.

Even if they were doing 50, it wouldn't bother me.

^^^

Yeah, I was going to say that obviously there's a stop sign on the south end of the block, and isn't there a stoplight on the north end? If so, speed will be drastically reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Cars move pretty slow in that area (traffic circle to the south and stop sign to the north) and they will likely move even slower when they're looking over and see all the people eating right in front of them. Love the creative urbanism.

They needed to do something. the past 4 times we have decided to eat there there line was out the door so we went elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    They needed to do something. the past 4 times we have decided to eat there there line was out the door so we went elsewhere.
    Maybe they could lower the quality of their product so people quit frequenting their establishment.

Just kidding. But what do you think they can do? I don't think they're overrun all the time, but if you try to go Sunday morning, for example, there's going to be a wait.

20. Default Re: Waffle Champion

We went on Saturday at 1. There was a line to the door, but they were able to have a table for 2 (could have sat 4) ready before we ordered. The line can seem overwhelming, but I've never waited more than 15 minutes from line to food being delivered... and I've always gone around lunctime on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    ^^^

Yeah, I was going to say that obviously there's a stop sign on the south end of the block, and isn't there a stoplight on the north end? If so, speed will be drastically reduced.
    You're not wrong. They should also add a diagonal stone crosswalk with ped signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    The line can look daunting. It actually moves pretty quickly. Went twice within the past three weeks when I had visitors in town. Each time the line was wrapped around the northwest end of the building, but we never waited more than 15 minutes for a table and our order.

23. Default Re: Waffle Champion

Oops, looks like I'll have to park my scooter somewhere else when I make Saturday and Sunday morning waffle runs!

Expanding their hours will/would likely help spread out the crush a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Maybe they could lower the quality of their product so people quit frequenting their establishment.

Just kidding. But what do you think they can do? I don't think they're overrun all the time, but if you try to go Sunday morning, for example, there's going to be a wait.
    Oh I catch them without a line now and then and then i stop. I am sure it moves fast enough but sometimes you just don't feel like standing in line so I just pick another spot.

Thread Information