Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Waffle Champion

Default Re: New Midtown Restaurant - Waffle Champion goes from truck to bricks

Looks like their soft opening middle of July.

Default Re: Waffle Champion

Just announced on Facebook they will be opening July 26th.

4. Default Re: New Midtown Restaurant - Waffle Champion goes from truck to bricks

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Wy is this guy taking all the credit when we all know its been the two girls running the truck?
    Eaten from the Waffle Champion truck several times, I couldn't even tell you who served me, what they looked like or their gender. Meaning their personality didn't shine enough in any direction to make an impression.

The only food truck I've encountered where the face(s) behind the food made part of the positive experience for me is Roxy's Ice Cream Social. The couple that own and operate that truck are a big factor to its success.

That aside, I still don't see how a brick and mortar Waffle Champion is going to make a profit in that area. I hope I'm wrong - because I like their product - I'm just skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    "Woodruff is self-financing much of the venture."

I think that is sufficient reason for him to take credit......
    Exactly, it is not like Emeril Lagasse (or any other celeberity chef) is really back there cooking your food at any of their namesake restaurants. They front staff can be replaced easily. It has been Todds finances, ideas, and business practices that have made the venture a success.

PS. They are not really twins...

We're doing their audio system. I'm convinced this place will likely be an "institution". Our generation's Cattlemen's. You ought to see the inside. Todd is modest, but can I say "diner"! I think we're finally getting one downtown in this type of concept.

I consider waffles the base of the food pyramid, so I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I consider waffles the base of the food pyramid, so I'm happy.
    Post of the year award.

Cool, reflective pic of the window front:

As you can tell by the sign, this is in Oklahoma City.

Opening looks like the first week of August now. Gas service troubles. I think we're going to deliver their custom audio console tomorrow or Tuesday. May take a few pics.

It would be awesome for OKC if this could eventually go 24-hours. This city desperately needs a 24-hour option with character. This definitely looks like a cool spot.

Here's some recent interior shots, from their facebook page.

From a week ago:

In the last few days:

^ Super slick! Love everything about the style of this place.

The signage kills. Love their retro-style logo on the retro hifi.

It's amazing how high the standards have been raised in terms of restaurants in OKC in such as short period of time.

And it seems that that momentum is only picking up steam.

Wow this place looks amazing. It will be interesting to see what it becomes. I may be just dreaming, but if something like this went 24-hours, it would be just what OKC needs.

I could see it going 24 hours once some of the bigger Midtown projects come to life...

Hundreds of units at The Edge and the proposed MidtownR development at 10th & Hudson, the Ambassador Hotel (and bar) opening, Fassler Hall and Dust Bowl open and raging, McNellie's doing it's regular great business and likely more residential and bars to come.

Also, St. Anthony is a 24-hour facility, with people working there -- and families visiting --round the clock.

The potential of Midtown has always been amazing and the plan is starting to come together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I could see it going 24 hours once some of the bigger Midtown projects come to life...

Hundreds of units at The Edge and the proposed MidtownR development at 10th & Hudson, the Ambassador Hotel (and bar) opening, Fassler Hall and Dust Bowl open and raging, McNellie's doing it's regular great business and likely more residential and bars to come.

Also, St. Anthony is a 24-hour facility, with people working there -- and families visiting --round the clock.

The potential of Midtown has always been amazing and the plan is starting to come together.
    I think if it did go 24-hours it would be a HUGE hit, especially considering the Waffle House or the IHOP is currently as good as it gets late nights. When I lived in Charlotte everyone thought the 24-hour french bakery that opened wouldn't be able to stay 24 hours, but it was such a huge hit they added a second location.

Midtown Waffle Champion

They open tomorrow (Friday 8/9) at 7AM so time for a food thread.

Who will be the first to review??

20. Default Re: Waffle Champion

I plan on going but I'm not in any rush. So it won't be me.

I did enjoy the waffles they were serving from the truck. So unless they've changed a lot since then. It should be pretty tasty.

Prunepicker Guest

Where is it located?

22. Default Re: Waffle Champion

Midtown..... 1212 N Walker

Went yesterday for the soft opening.

The waffles are awesome and the fries are the best I ever had. I know it sounds crazy, but try the homemade ketchup. I did take some pictures if you want me to forward those.

From Urban Pioneer:

Waffle Fries! Of Course!

Thread Information