Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma Regatta Festival

Default Oklahoma Regatta Festival

Starting tonight (Thursday) through Sunday.

I'd like to go down, but not too sure if I can make it. But others reading here might.

Additional info:
    Oklahoma Regatta Festival « Oklahoma River Events

Also, more info about the bands performing:
    Come on Down to the River | ionOKLAHOMA Online

Default Re: Oklahoma Regatta Festival

Will there be shuttles from parking lots away from the river?

They have a tram now but I am not sure how far they will be running it out. It may just be going around in what use to be a neighborhood between i40 and the river

Blog Entries

When is the extension/tunnel/walkways under the highway connecting the river and the canal area supposed to be done? In time for next year's regatta?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    When is the extension/tunnel/walkways under the highway connecting the river and the canal area supposed to be done? In time for next year's regatta?
    The most recent scheduled completion I heard was roughly five months before for the 2013 regatta if project scheduling and ODOT/railroad agreements did not end up being an issue.

Went down there tonight. Enjoyed some great hospitality in the Finish Line Tower, watched some great racing and had a blast just watching OKC shine! Finished off the evening with some ice cream down at 8th and H.

Awesome. I love this town!

I was at H&8th too. Turkey egg rolls were great! There is a lot going on this weekend downtown. Going to try to get to Regatta and Plaza District Festival tomorrow. Then downtown living tour on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I was at H&8th too. Turkey egg rolls were great! There is a lot going on this weekend downtown. Going to try to get to Regatta and Plaza District Festival tomorrow. Then downtown living tour on Sunday.
    And don't forget Mesta Festa.

Well I won't be able to make it to the Regatta this year, dang it. But I'll try to remember the date and schedule for it next year. In the mean time, I found this video, which at least gives me a good feeling of actually being there:

This is a nice (and lengthy) HD video of last year's event.

This guy also posted a bunch of shorter video clips of the event that you can browse if you follow the direct link: Oklahoma Regatta Festival 2011 - YouTube

Well, it's too bad the weather didn't cooperate on Saturday. At least it was a nice day Sunday. If only the sunshine had arrived a day earlier...

I was re-watching the video above again and noticed how cool one segment was. There's a nice pan that shows the Chesapeake boathouse with the city behind it -- Devon Tower still in construction, and bricktown with the lights on at the ballpark. And then the camera pans around until you get to the boathouse area and a race in action.

So I grabbed some screenshots of this (and a few after, showing the crowd in attendance):

(note: these pics are all from last year's regatta)

Thread Information