Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: New Central Park for Moore

Default Re: New Central Park for Moore

Quote Originally Posted by bucfan1512 View Post
    How much will it be for Residents of Moore to purchase a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Are you sure about the property taxes.... pretty sure it was a sales tax that is paying for the park.

The property tax increase was to pay for a bridge most of us that are paying for it will never use.
    Well I was able to find that this was a $25.1MM General Obligation Bond and while I am no expert, it was my understanding that this type of GO Bond is repaid via property taxes. Please correct me if I am wrong (this wouldn't be the first for me).

Quote Originally Posted by mblues View Post
    Well I was able to find that this was a $25.1MM General Obligation Bond and while I am no expert, it was my understanding that this type of GO Bond is repaid via property taxes. Please correct me if I am wrong (this wouldn't be the first for me).
    It is based on property taxes:
    50,000 - $1.90 per month
    75,000 - $3.04 per month
    100,000 - $4.18 per month
    125,000 - $5.31 per month
    150,000 - $6.45 per month
    250,000 - $11.01 per month

This money goes towards the construction of the facility. This is not funds to operate the facility or for the upkeep of the facility. The membership costs they determined are comparable to other facilities in the area. Additionally, the park itself is free for use by anyone - the fees are for the water facility and the recreation facilities. I have asked one of the city councilmen about there being another rate being added for family with no children, even if $5 or 10 cheaper per month it might be more enticing to some people. So we shall see.

News | The Moore Daily

totally get they are charging a fee but don't get why so high when the home owners paid for it down to the gym equipment going into that facility . Thankfully the water park has a daily pass separate from the gym part for $6 per person a day. The City said that they are building this due to our outdated community center. So who and what was paying for the current community center to keep that facility up and running? I know of basketball fees and room rental fees. I know people are saying its going to be like a YMCA type facility like the one on may and 119th area but who paid for that YMCA to be built and stocked full of new gym machines/equipment to start off? Was it south okc home owners? $50.00 for a family per month isn't a bad price at all, but its just like a gym that was built out of home owners expense

This park is now open for the most part. There are still a few things underway such as some lighting, trails, and the aquatic center.

News | The Moore Daily

News | The Moore Daily

7. Default Re: New Central Park for Moore

Farmers Market grand opening at the park is tonight (May 5th) from 4-7 PM.

Really going to enjoy having this park so close to where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Farmers Market grand opening at the park is tonight (May 5th) from 4-7 PM.

Really going to enjoy having this park so close to where I live.
    I plan on going when I get off work, I just hope they have more than a couple vendors for Thursday evening.

Thread Information