Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Public Safety Center

Default Re: New Public Safety Center

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Just wondering what your definition of "mid-rise" is and what would be this mid-rise be used for, considering the city owns the property?
    10-20 stories.

As for the use, well, I would only assume what every other tower is used for... office space, retail on the bottom, restaurants, and residential. I honestly don't have anything specific, but the demand needs of the public would have to be assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    10-20 stories.

As for the use, well, I would only assume what every other tower is used for... office space, retail on the bottom, restaurants, and residential. I honestly don't have anything specific, but the demand needs of the public would have to be assessed.
    Standard definition of a mid rise is 5-10 stories with some even definition it as 5-8 stories.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Standard definition of a mid rise is 5-10 stories with some even definition it as 5-8 stories.
    I know. I am just thinking as buildings are seemingly getting taller and taller in downtown areas, I am just saying that in my perspective, but trust me, I am aware the technical definition has it at much lower floor counts. It's kind of the same way I view the Alpha World Cities; NYC, L.A., Tokyo, London, and Hong Kong. If you wanted to narrow that even further to include what I consider the two most important cities in the world, I'd just leave it at NYC and London. A lot of people would disagree with that though and add a bunch of more cities.

I know. I am just thinking as buildings are seemingly getting taller and taller in downtown areas, I am just saying that in my perspective, but trust me, I am aware the technical definition has it at much lower floor counts. It's kind of the same way I view the Alpha World Cities; NYC, L.A., Tokyo, London, and Hong Kong. If you wanted to narrow that even further to include what I consider the two most important cities in the world, I'd just leave it at NYC and London. A lot of people would disagree with that though and add a bunch of more cities.
    Well, you can't really argue defined versus opinion. A defined list of world cities is a defined list. An opinion is just that, an opinion.

Standard definition for a mid rise is just that while your opinion for what defines a mid rise is just that as well.

It's Apple's and oranges essentially.

Personally. I'd define a mid rise as between 5 and 15 stories.

I hear you.

It's looking pretty nice now that the brick is starting to go up.

There's brick and stone work ongoing on all sides except the north side. So they're moving at a good rate with this weather we've been having.

Are still on track to be opening ahead of schedule? Seems like they might even be ready in just a couple of months.

Are still on track to be opening ahead of schedule? Seems like they might even be ready in just a couple of months.
    Ready in a couple of months? No. Late summer. BTW, the pics Hollywood posted recently are of the other part of this project... what we call "PD South"... which is NW of Broadway and 33rd.

Southern exterior nearing completion brick and stone wise.

4/2/2015

Where's this shot from?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Where's this shot from?
    That's the support facility off of Technology.

It used to be the city of Edmond garage.

I (unfortunately)* went by this not long ago and it is some beautiful architecture.

*Paying a ticket

Default Re: New Public Saftey Center

Grand opening set for October 29th. Entrance glass has gone in.

Just to be clear, Oct. 29th is not the "Grand Opening". It is the "Ribbon Cutting". In other words, the building will not be "open for business". After the ribbon cutting the three departments... Police, Emergency Management and Public Safety Communications... will start moving in. The "opening" will come later when all systems and functions are operational and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    Just to be clear, Oct. 29th is not the "Grand Opening". It is the "Ribbon Cutting". In other words, the building will not be "open for business". After the ribbon cutting the three departments... Police, Emergency Management and Public Safety Communications... will start moving in. The "opening" will come later when all systems and functions are operational and ready.
    Correct, poor choice of wording.

Thread Information