Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oklahoma Sate Capitol Building Improvements

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Oklahoma Sate Capitol Building Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Economics. The southern portion is asphalt, while the bad part is concrete. The concrete portion either requires the type of treatment that the area freeways have had (cutting in bars, smoothing joints, etc) or full replacement, which is much more intensive than the simple resurfacing they did for the asphalt portion. I drive it daily, to and from home, and the difference is drastic. Pulling a trailer on that concrete portion is jarring.

I personally think the entire capitol area transportation infrastructure needs replacing. Remove the cloverleafs, put 23rd at grade and remove a huge unnecessary expense and unwalkable corridor from the central part of Oklahoma City.
    Well, my exasperation with the state of Oklahoma's roads has admittedly impaired my ability to rationally post. I see a post that seems to share my limitless frustration and I just have to post "This!", ha. I fully realize that simply laying new asphalt was much cheaper and much less labor intensive than the rehabilitation that the concrete portion requires. But it's indeed very jarring if you're pulling a trailer on that stretch.

I love this idea. But I imagine it makes too much sense and would cost money, so for those reasons alone, we're bound to not see it happen.

Thread Information