Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9253418875_f0d9789e86_b.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	5885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mule1 (2).jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	5886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mule2 (2).jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	5887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mule2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	5888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mule3.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	5889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plaza1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	5890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mulesign.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	8651  

Default Re: The Mule OKC

Here is their sandwich menu from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by icecold View Post
    Has anyone been yet? Reviews? For those that do not know, The Mule is a new grilled cheese restaurant located in the Plaza District.
    Isn't it more of a bar that happens to be more like a Gastropub?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Isn't it more of a bar that happens to be more like a Gastropub?
    Very loose with "restaurant" in my statement. I order food, I sit and eat = restaurant. But yes, your description is a lot more accurate.

That menu looks more expansive than the grilled cheese and melts I was led to believe. I'll have to check it out and report back.

The buzz seems to be good thus far.

They are really working out the kinks, as they posted they have run out of food a couple of times.

Coworker went last night and said it was amazing. He recommended the Macaroni Pony sandwich with the tomato soup. I'll be trying it as soon as I can get away from the kids.

8. Default Re: The Mule OKC

I love anything with short ribs, so I am biased, but the Cortez is amazing. They also have this appetizer with two traditional grilled cheese sandwiches and some tomato soup... great late night snack with friends. The place has a good vibe.

BrettM2, you can actually take the kids to The Mule if you want.

I went and checked it out. Liked the vibe. Was just there for a couple drinks, but the food other people had looked good. Big complaint though: They have the most uncomfortable bar stools in OKC. Looks like they got them from an old school or something. They are all metal, no padding and small. If you try and lean back you actually lean forward thanks to the back of the bar stool. Very uncomfortable. Hope they get those changed. Until then, will just eat at a table.

Love of my life arrives WRWA 11ish pm Mon.
    Pondering late dinner options.
    Mule Monday hours?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Love of my life arrives WRWA 11ish pm Mon.
    Pondering late dinner options.
    Mule Monday hours?
    IIRC, I saw a video about this place and the owners and I believe they are closed on Mondays.... anyone else know ?

Went out and found it, and yes they are closed Mondays.....stay open till 2 am on Saturdays though.

http://newsok.com/the-mule-totes-fir...rticle/3715138

I can understand the prices for the ones containing meat, but am I reading the blurry menu right? $8.50 for a grilled cheese????

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Went out and found it, and yes they are closed Mondays.....stay open till 2 am on Saturdays though.
    I wonder if they could do well staying open until 3am and catching the post-bar crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    I can understand the prices for the ones containing meat, but am I reading the blurry menu right? $8.50 for a grilled cheese????
    It was like $3.00-4.00 for a grilled cheese at Sheen Drug 35+ years ago, don't you think inflation (or more accurately the devaluation of the dollar) has gone up more than that? I doubt they are using Wonder bread and a couple of slices like Kraft American cheese in their "plain" grilled cheese as well, like most people would at home.

I ate there last week for lunch. It was good but probably won't be on my regular rotation of lunch places. I had the caprese sandwich and the onion rings. The sandwich was really good and the rings were pretty good. I was underwhelmed by the portion size. It was probably a healthy serving size but not the size that I am used to for the money. When I get a sandwich at Someplace Else I usually only eat half of it and take the rest home. The sandwich at the Mule was not that big and I paid $9 instead of $3.75 at Someplace Else.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    It was like $3.00-4.00 for a grilled cheese at Sheen Drug 35+ years ago, don't you think inflation (or more accurately the devaluation of the dollar) has gone up more than that? I doubt they are using Wonder bread and a couple of slices like Kraft American cheese in their "plain" grilled cheese as well, like most people would at home.
    That seems rather high for back then. What I couldn't see from the menu shots is if they do have a more "basic" one rather than "gourmet" version with fancy ingredients added. And they may be good and worth the upgrade. But many a time folks try to improve on some of the most basic of comfort foods and fail in the process. What it comes down to is very subjective matter of taste & value for the money...either you think it is there or it isn't

That seems rather high for back then. What I couldn't see from the menu shots is if they do have a more "basic" one rather than "gourmet" version with fancy ingredients added. And they may be good and worth the upgrade. But many a time folks try to improve on some of the most basic of comfort foods and fail in the process. What it comes down to is very subjective matter of taste & value for the money...either you think it is there or it isn't
    You're exactly right, Larry. If someone will pay a specific price for something, it's worth it to them.

It was a long time ago but I think that was a complete meal (w/ fries & drink) that I vaguely remember.

I agree some that some "improvements" aren't as good (to me) as the person envisioned, sometimes it works ans other times it doesn't. When I eat a chicken fry there is a type of chicken fry that I expect it to be, when they "jazz it up" by adding in all sorts of other flavors it leaves me wishing they hadn't. I don't like my cream gravy loaded down with jalapeno or onion flavoring like those always seem to do. The last time we went to Ann's (a few years ago) the mashed potatoes had chunks of onion in them when they didn't in the past, I went to Ann's with a certain expectation of what was their "staple item" and it just wasn't the same.

Yeah, they keep running out of food, so I bet they will try and reduce the number of ingredients across the menu, thus cutting some items.

They also have a very small kitchen and seem to be overwhelmed by the demand. I suppose that is generally a good thing!

I hope they will revamp the menu and put in dollar signs, I thought the numbers are ratings on the food

Quote Originally Posted by monkeesfan View Post
    i hope they will revamp the menu and put in dollar signs, i thought the numbers are ratings on the food
    lmfao!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    lmfao!!!!!
    Glad to make you laugh

18.31416 (including a slice of pi)

Frankly, while I was put off by the idea of a "Grilled Cheese Sandwich" "restaurant", the menu looked marvelous! Too bad it was too ambitious . . . and did I miss the bacon?

BTW: The price of that sandwich can be justified because the cheese came all the way from the moon.

There's a local food truck called Grouchy Sam's that does good grilled cheese sandwiches (and variations), too. I think the Mule concept is solid. It's not a full-fledged restaurant. It's not a dive bar. It's a nice blend of the two -- minus the derogatory side of a dive.

If Jim Gaffigan decided to open a restaurant (or a food truck) featuring a "less ambitious" menu--including things along the lines of grilled cheese sandwiches--do you suppose he might call it "Haute Poquettes"?

Thread Information