Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mule

Default Re: The Mule OKC

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    sitting at a table and chatting with my Pops or my Mama is no longer an option. I miss those chats, some days way more than others.

On a brighter note, my youngest recently moved back to Norman. He took the day off and drove me a couple of counties over and back again one day last week when I had some out of town business. We had a great chat both ways that day. No mac and cheese, but we did share some oh so bad there good fried cheese sticks from a small town c-store.
    Sorry to hear that but at least you are able to spend time with your son

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Cozy space. Slow, snooty bar service. Really didn't enjoy standing there like I was invisible trying to order a beer while Sergeant Hipster bartender has a leisurely chat with female bar patrons he was trying to impress, while being ignored by Ms. Snarly Face bar chick doing the register count and acting like I had leprosy. I'll just go back to comfy, friendly (and much busier) Saints.
    haha, this is fantastic. Pretty much how I felt the first time I went. Give it one more try though, as things were better my second visit.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Cozy space. Slow, snooty bar service. Really didn't enjoy standing there like I was invisible trying to order a beer while Sergeant Hipster bartender has a leisurely chat with female bar patrons he was trying to impress, while being ignored by Ms. Snarly Face bar chick doing the register count and acting like I had leprosy. I'll just go back to comfy, friendly (and much busier) Saints.
    Maybe they need to contact that "undercover restaurant report" TV show . . . I've only seen it a time or two, but it is sort of fun to watch the misbehaving staff squirm when they are busted. Sort of a guilty pleasure . . . i apologize . . . =)

I am going to try the Mule today! I will let you know it is

Tried The Mule for the first time last night. I don't know how many people have been here, but I loved it. The previous review a few posts earlier couldn't be further from the experience I had. I highly suggest giving it a try, if you haven't.

I don't get the folks who bitch about the service. Some folks do have a very unreasonable expectation as to what service in such a typically very busy place ought to look like.

7. Default Re: The Mule OKC

I've been going about once a week or so now for awhile (group of 3-7) and have had a really good experience each time.

They should use this in an ad:

Guaranted to pull in women, children, cat lovers, cheese lovers, etc....

Not going to go back and re-read the thread, but can someone explain the name of the place and the menu items (esp grilled cheese)...just not making a connection

I don't know the inspiration behind the name...but I do know they have great grilled cheese.

I usually get the Big Ass Grilled Cheese and an F5 or two.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I don't know the inspiration behind the name...but I do know they have great grilled cheese.

I usually get the Big Ass Grilled Cheese and an F5 or two.
    Ditto!

Default Re: The Mule

The Mule is now open on Sundays for brunch, 10:30AM to 2:30PM:

Looks like they are getting a new sign:

14. Default Re: The Mule

OK, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like they are getting a new sign:
    They sure are.. Hughe Meade with oddfab designs is making it.. Its pretty awesome LED and can change colors.
    Hughe also made the megatrike thingy for the ENERGY.

Sign is up!

Outstanding!

Blog Entries

why did that take so long?

I suspect they wanted to keep their costs down until they got rolling.

I'm sure that sign was expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I suspect they wanted to keep their costs down until they got rolling.

I'm sure that sign was expensive.
    Hughe meade does and oustanding Job. he also fabricates many things for the Myrian Gardens such as the props for the secret Garden childrens exhibit recently and the huge owl for the harvest celebration last year. he is an amazing artist.

Can't wait for the OKSea variant of the Mule. I don't like to drive to dinner and the Mule is too far to walk.

22. Default Re: The Mule

Looks like the first of the year the new Mule will be opening in OKSea

https://twitter.com/AnchorDownOKC/st...37248830304256

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Looks like the first of the year the new Mule will be opening in OKSea

https://twitter.com/AnchorDownOKC/st...37248830304256
    It's a different concept than the Mule called Anchor Down. Corn dogs, alcohol, and actual dogs (are welcome).

Here's their latest tweet:

@AnchorDownOKC: house cased meats, hand dipped dogs. And ALL THE ALCOHOL IN THE WORLD! gonna serve this food LATE!!

Yep, we told you about this months ago and now it's official.

BTW, there will only be three tenants at OKSEA: Anchor Down, an art gallery and upstairs offices.

Well, my kids will be happy when they visit, but I was hoping for the Mule's original menu, or a portion thereof. Oh, well, it will look great regardless.

Thread Information