Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

1. Default Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

Can't believe he thinks Ersland should have received a harsher penalty and that his three years was too severe!

Default Re: Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

"I want to help people that's locked up.”

“I just do me.”

“I am going to leave Oklahoma, whenever I get my money up,"

Where do i donate money so he can get outta dodge?

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

I completely understand that some will not like my stance at all (that's fine, lets not let it degrade beyond that) but I'd like to know what restaurant hired this delinquent - for no other reason than to not eat there and to let them know why I will never patronize them.

Default Re: Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

Odds that he'll be back in custody in less than two years?

How appalling that the little hoodlum is free while Jerome will never be!

kid got a break. Not uncommon. Up to him whether he makes something of himself or whizzes his second chance away. Hopefully it'll be the former and not the latter, but I'll concede I have better uses for my money than to lay odds either way.

What sentence did the masterminds of the robbery get?

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    What sentence did the masterminds of the robbery get?
    One got life and one got life plus some more if memory serves. Something close to that anyway.

If he goes to school my first suggestion is an English Comp. class. As for the odds he'll get in trouble again I would say pretty high because he got off easy on his first trip.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Can't believe he thinks Ersland should have received a harsher penalty and that his three years was too severe!
    Have you ever met a convict before?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Odds that he'll be back in custody in less than two years?
    If those quotes reflect his normal attitude the odds are very high.

13. Default Re: Oklahoma City teen who robbed Jerome Ersland's pharmacy is no longer in custody

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Have you ever met a convict before?
    All the time. Work side-by-side with some rehabilitating the new No Boundaries Hope House and none of them blame anyone else but themselves for their situation - which is often the difference between someone who can successfully reintegrate into society and re-offenders.

I also notice that his defense attorney learned nothing from Box's mistake of letting Ersland talk to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    All the time. Work side-by-side with some rehabilitating the new No Boundaries Hope House and none of them blame anyone else but themselves for their situation - which is often the difference between someone who can successfully reintegrate into society and re-offenders.

I also notice that his defense attorney learned nothing from Box's mistake of letting Ersland talk to the media.
    I've only had my client talk to the media once. Made a full confession on channel 4 because he thought he did nothing wrong. He then proceeded to hire me afterwards. Never ever ever let your clients talk to the media. The fact is that lawyers don't tend to have experience in P.R. or have a clue about how the media works with respect to the courts, or they just don't care because they want free publicity.

Ingram's a little bit of a different case because his criminal exposure is pretty limited right now. That said, going on TV and showing contempt for the system as he did sure isn't going to help his chances on a plea if he screws up again.

the typical defendant needs access to a reporter like JTF needs to ride a bike on a 10 lane interstate. Sure, it can happen, but it just ain't likely to end well.

(same is true for most counsel, and most recognize it. Just my opinion.)

Maybe the state could employ the lad as a speed bump to enforce the new laws about merging as you approach construction zones on Interstates?
    (a sort of sociological experiment in re-defining the phrase "where the rubber meets the road"?)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    the typical defendant needs access to a reporter like JTF needs to ride a bike on a 10 lane interstate. Sure, it can happen, but it just ain't likely to end well.

(same is true for most counsel, and most recognize it. Just my opinion.)
    lol

The kid has an IQ of 72. He's learning disabled and just barely above the line of being considered incompetent. The street is no place for him and sadly education would only be of limited value. If he doesn't get some real and permanent social services and doesn't get away from the 'hood there is no good outcome here. He's going to commit more crimes and it's really likely that he's going to kill or be killed. In 8th grade, think on that, 8th grade! he was already committing armed robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    The kid has an IQ of 72. He's learning disabled and just barely above the line of being considered incompetent. The street is no place for him and sadly education would only be of limited value. If he doesn't get some real and permanent social services and doesn't get away from the 'hood there is no good outcome here. He's going to commit more crimes and it's really likely that he's going to kill or be killed. In 8th grade, think on that, 8th grade! he was already committing armed robbery.

I agree and didn't realize his IQ was that low. Social living skills is a must and learning a trade would be a great benefit to this young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    Yes like it's difficult 2 imagine officials' compulsion to "find the reason" that ppl do bad things. There isn't anyone who'd b exempt. This case stinks to high heaven. Who cares abt the victims? I do. & I'm not talking abt the scum would-be robbers. I'm talking abt the employees. If Mr Ersland hadn't protected them, not only would their plight have been more horrific, the public would have been subject to the drugs in that pharmacy being nondescriptly passed out to the highest bidder. And yes please do tell where his kid works. He who doesn't even think abt the crime anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jzcakeok View Post
    Yes like it's difficult 2 imagine officials' compulsion to "find the reason" that ppl do bad things. There isn't anyone who'd b exempt. This case stinks to high heaven. Who cares abt the victims? I do. & I'm not talking abt the scum would-be robbers. I'm talking abt the employees. If Mr Ersland hadn't protected them, not only would their plight have been more horrific, the public would have been subject to the drugs in that pharmacy being nondescriptly passed out to the highest bidder. And yes please do tell where his kid works. He who doesn't even think abt the crime anymore.
    Not this line of crap again...

Okay.. Ersland fires one shot, he's a hero. Fine. Then you'd be right. That's not what happened though.

He left the store, fired some wild shots at a fleeing suspect which could have injured an innocent bystander, then returns to the store, and instead of walking around the counter to avoid the motionless would-be robber he'd already shot in the head, he steps over him, turning his back to this "threat" twice. Once for an extended period of time while he retrieved the second weapon. Instead of firing from behind cover at this threat, Ersland, who is physically disabled, walks up close enough to where a conscious person could have tried to wrestle the weapon away from him, and squeezes off five more rounds.

The law condones self defense. It does not condone revenge executions.

The first shot did protect Ersland and his employees. The last five did nothing of the sort.

One less probable career criminal and repeat offender is off the streets for good.
    Thats a plus in my book..............

I have a hard time seeing a 14 year old being murdered as a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I have a hard time seeing a 14 year old being murdered as a plus.
    Guess he should have stayed home and watched cartoons.

Thread Information