Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foodies

Midtown Foodies

Here's hoping these young entrepeneurs are successful. I really love her giggle in the video.

Young immigrants take their best shot at the American dream | News OK

Default Re: Foodies Express

They need to be investing in the new Braum's (just east of Penn on Hefner) rather than squandering their talents on something so . . . independent and . . . excellent.

Giggles are good.
    On a sliding scale.

They have some very good food Great potsnickers and pad Thai. And very very good egg rolls. And they are very friendly. I hope they do well.

Thank you for sharing this! This is the type of restaurant that is easily overlooked but often ends up on my list of favorites!

I went there Wednesday night and really enjoyed the food. I had the teriyaki chicken, rice, and egg rolls for dinner. The chicken was good and the egg rolls simply awesome.

There were about 8 diners in the place with the husband, wife, and assistant.

I have been to Foodies twice now and enjoyed it very much. I even got my husband to go with me and he got a burger with an egg and bacon on it. Be forewarned, all of the food is made especially to your order so it may take a little longer than other lunch places but it is definitely worth it.

7. Default Re: Foodies Express

I really think they made a mistake calling their restaurant - a first time effort - Foodies "Express." Just seems like that's a lot of needless extra pressure.

Not to mention it is horrible name in general. It says nothing about their cuisine or character, or sadly, maybe it does.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Not to mention it is horrible name in general. It says nothing about their cuisine or character, or sadly, maybe it does.
    Why do you say that, metro? What is sad about their cuisine or character?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Why do you say that, metro? What is sad about their cuisine or character?
    The name is pretty bad and it doesn't give much insight into their offerings, but I don't think it implies anything negative pr positive regarding their character.

That said, if they are successful no one will care about the name.

11. Default Re: Foodies Express

Oh stop it now. Not looking to get into another flame war. But seriously, the name reflects nothing more than their lack of experience/expertise in marketing. Hopefully a neighborhood creative type - someone like Brian Winkeler at Robothouse - might give the kids a few tips on how to improve on it. At some point in all of our lives, we were young and chasing what seems like an impossible dream and got a helping hand from folks who simply are impressed with passion, dedication to pursuing that dream. I've seen a lot of that with Foodies Express .....

I think the name is charming and will be checking the place out in the near future.

I agree.

Yet, perhaps--in order to satisfy the literalist nay-sayers--the young culinary entrepraneurs might consider buying one of those rolling cylindrical hot dog cookers and putting it on the counter. Then stocking it with some gourmet frankfurters.

It's gotta be cheaper than a truck.

I like the name "Foodies",, but they should definitely drop the name "express" and add something of the Asian persuasion.

Foodies Asian Fusion Cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Oh stop it now. Not looking to get into another flame war. But seriously, the name reflects nothing more than their lack of experience/expertise in marketing. Hopefully a neighborhood creative type - someone like Brian Winkeler at Robothouse - might give the kids a few tips on how to improve on it. At some point in all of our lives, we were young and chasing what seems like an impossible dream and got a helping hand from folks who simply are impressed with passion, dedication to pursuing that dream. I've seen a lot of that with Foodies Express .....
    Was waiting for your comment, not that it was my intent. I agree Steve, they seem very ambitious and I applaud them for their efforts, but I hope they take the constructive criticism that they won't make it without a better name and marketing. That's not rude or harsh, just fact more than likely. MidTown isn't dense enough to support them as-is.

16. Default Re: Foodies Express

So we're in agreement. It was your ".. or sadly, maybe it does" part of your comment that really threw me. Can't see where that came from.

Crazians's Cafe

If you've ever been to Asia or any large Asian districts, strange names are "De rigueur".

Chuck, no need to go to Asia, most of their names are strange here, YUM YUM, HAPPY HAPPY, Wahaha, Foodies Express, just to name a few.

19. Default Re: Foodies Express

On our way home from the Bricktown Harkins this evening (there, seeing The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ... outstanding movie), somewhere around 5:20 pm or so, my wife and I and were on our way home while driving north on Walker and then it popped in my mind to shift over to Hudson to see if Foodies was open ... it was ... and we stopped. Mary Jo and I shared a bowl of tasty chicken noodle soup (rather large bowl; included noodles, lots of chicken chunks, peas and carrots) and teriyaki chicken, rice, and egg roll, and altogether it was plenty for the both of us. Although the teriyaki came with a little cup of sauce (sort of sweet, dark like soy, but not salty like soy), we also also asked for portions of sweet/sour sauce and mustard, which were gladly supplied. The sweet/sour sauce was especially tasty.

We both give the food and the young couple who own the shop high marks and we will definitely be returning.

The menu is rather eclectic, as you will see below. Although there are no curried items on the menu, when I inquired, the young man said they could use curry while cooking items as desired. Since I do, I'll be trying that out later. The pork egg roll was different than I've had elsewhere ... very crusty crust, no "softness" to it at all. I really liked it. The terriyaki chicken came on 3 wooden skewers and was more than we could comfortably eat. Since we only had water to drink, our tab was less than $10.

Click menu for larger view

When we arrived, we were the only persons there (I didn't count the number of tables but there aren't many, perhaps 8-10 or so). Before we left, one other fellow came in to eat.

The prices appear to be extremely reasonable.

Chuck, no need to go to Asia, most of their names are strange here, YUM YUM, HAPPY HAPPY, Wahaha, Foodies Express, just to name a few.
    Asians love alliteration.

Thank you very much for everyone's inputs. We are still learning, so if there is anything we do that did not completely satisfy our valued customers, please let us know. As for the name, originally, we planned to do fast food - hence the "Express" - because we were told that in this area most people do not have the time to sit down and eat lunch. But it was quite the opposite, as we soon learned after the article that Steve Lackmeyer did for us in The Oklahoman. We are now dropping the "Express", and will change the self-painted sign to something more presentable once we start to see some profits. Words cannot express the gratitude we have for everyone that had helped us out. You have made us felt very blessed. THANK YOU!!!!

Welcome to the site

If I was to try only one thing on this menu, then judge the restaurant solely on that item, what should I order?

Gyros. Wonderful and cheap.

Thread Information