Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Foodies

Default Re: Foodies

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Is Wade Starr the same Wade that is/was affiliated with Deep Fork Grill?
    Yes.

I tried to post this on the thread that Pete started but couldn't. Please move it if possible.

Here is Steve's update after the project getting approval today by the Downtown Design Review Committee.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5523512

Of interest is this comment. Some protester just don't understand this.

Noise and parking ultimately were not considerations in the vote by the review committee.

“Our issues are design, and not zoning, parking and noise, as much as we might be sympathetic to that,” Chairwoman Betsy Brunsteter said.

In Steve's article, he mentioned this was going to be home to a BBQ truck, is this where Maples is going to be located?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeFromOk View Post
    In Steve's article, he mentioned this was going to be home to a BBQ truck, is this where Maples is going to be located?
    No, competing BBQ operation.

You can see on the latest plans there is a smokehouse directly east of the old diner building.

With Elk Valley open, Hudson Street Market under construction, and the new Midtown Hotel announcement, it has to be a matter of time before something takes off here...

i hope so. i love this building/location

Pivot Project now has control of the lease on this project, as it is directly north of its Uptown Theater / 1212 Hudson project.

They were recently soliciting ideas on social media.

It sounds like from talking to several people, including John at Elk Valley that the Hudson Street Market project is DOA. Haven't noticed any real work on the project in months. Elk Valley is looking at adding some of the unclaimed space up top as meeting/gathering areas for big groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Good luck finding Starr. I believe he's on the Lam. I don't know about the allegations of "looting" though, that whole place was really rough, including the equipment. Although it sounds like it was fenced. I miss the food though. Tasty. I saw them doing a food truck but it was in motion and I rarely have time to track them down. I feel like %90 of them just exist(ed) for h&8th. A friend of mine said he could do $5k in sales with his wife taking cash and him cooking at %30 food cost and 5 gallons of gas. Not bad.
    Heard he's working at some italian place on 64th n may

PIatto?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    PIatto?
    No, he means Falcones.

As long as the property is in the hands of the current owner, I doubt you'll see anything become of the space. He's just too difficult to work with, however he is willing to give you the first six months in free rent, but the lessee will have to pay to renovate the space. And it definitely needs renovating.

I know he had it recently listed for sale, and I thought even under contract at one point, but I imagine there could be some issues with the title looking at the ownership history. Those guys all buy tax liens, so somebody else might claim ownership to the property.

The Pivot Project guys -- who are also redeveloping the adjacent theater -- has a long-term lease on this property and has been soliciting ideas and possible tenants.

But they gained control over 6 months ago and nothing has happened yet.

The building is just a shell and quite small. Considerable investment will need to be made here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Pivot Project guys -- who are also redeveloping the adjacent theater -- has a long-term lease on this property and has been soliciting ideas and possible tenants.

But they gained control over 6 months ago and nothing has happened yet.

The building is just a shell and quite small. Considerable investment will need to be made here.
    Yes, it would be awfully hard to justify the renovation expense when you look at the sq. footage.

Loopnet showing it's available for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Yes, it would be awfully hard to justify the renovation expense when you look at the sq. footage.

Loopnet showing it's available for lease.
    Yes, Pivot guys trying to find a tenant.

Any update on this? You know what might work with the tiny SQF and being near The Sieber and other housing? NYC style bodega.

Was driving by today and there were guys on the roof doing some kind of work.

There have been no permits, but there is at least repair work being done:

Thread Information