Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Foodies

1. Default Re: Foodies

Yeah, I rode by last night and saw that the windows were papered. It's a shame; the owners were nice and the food was generally wonderful. I think it was just a little too (currently) out-of-the-way to attract a regular audience. I'm guilty myself of not going there often enough.

Default Re: Foodies

Man, that sucks. I really loved that place. When I lived in Midtown I ate there twice a week.

I've been told it was purchased by Wade Starr, formerly of the Deep Fork Group. He is doing a new concept in the space.

As someone said in another thread, when you find yourself rooting for a place it almost always means you know they are doomed.

The property does not seem to have sold and and I can't find any building permits. Not sure about the next use.

A February 6 Facebook post said "Starting Monday, Foodies will be under the care of the talented Chef Josh Richardson. We'll be on the south side at OMG! Fusion Grill. Plz support him & us. Thank You!!"

A February 10 Tweet said they were open on the Southside as OMG Fusion.

6. Default Re: Foodies

Maybe he will turn it into the late night diner everyone has been clamoring for in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodH View Post
    I've been told it was purchased by Wade Starr, formerly of the Deep Fork Group. He is doing a new concept in the space.
    Really? What's that all about?

that's kind of weird.... "omg fusion" is the site of the former august moon near i-240 & penn. the "coming soon" sign has been up for what seems like nearly two years with no activity. haven't looked lately, though. -M

Josh Richardson trained at the Coach House and more recently was with the Deep Fork Group.

Sounds like he might be going out on his own at this location. Very interesting.

I've heard Josh may have already left this project.. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    I have no idea. I just know he isn't part of the group or any of their holdings anymore.

12. Default Re: Foodies

Well, someone is doing SOMETHING in the space. Usually windows aren't papered when a space is simply abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    Wade was implicated in a scheme to make DA Prater look crooked during his last campaign, I believe.

I think that would be a great location for somebody to do a vintage 24-hour diner. Cities much smaller than OKC are able to support them so I don't see why the concept wouldn't work here.

16. Default Re: Foodies

Well, contractors on site, so it seems like something is still percolating.

Default Re: Foodies Express

Seems like too nice a structure to just focus on selling plastic picnic utensils.

They just started a food truck today:

Default Re: Foodies Express

Also, looks like they'll be sometimes operating out of their own parking lot at 12th & Hudson.

This building is still vacant, but the ugly paper in the Windows is starting to fall down, revealing a building in disrepair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	12297

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	12298

The landlord is suing Wade Starr and a few other people that were involved in leasing this building, taking out all the existing equipment, then never paying any rent.

I believe the old Foodies tenants were ousted in favor of Starr who effectively (allegedly) looted the building and never occupied it.

Good luck finding Starr. I believe he's on the Lam. I don't know about the allegations of "looting" though, that whole place was really rough, including the equipment. Although it sounds like it was fenced. I miss the food though. Tasty. I saw them doing a food truck but it was in motion and I rarely have time to track them down. I feel like %90 of them just exist(ed) for h&8th. A friend of mine said he could do $5k in sales with his wife taking cash and him cooking at %30 food cost and 5 gallons of gas. Not bad.

There was usable equipment before Starr and now it's completely gone.

Is Wade Starr the same Wade that is/was affiliated with Deep Fork Grill?

Thread Information