Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon
    Eat Around OKC

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon11.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	1638  

Default Re: Vast Restaurant

Anyone know what the planned menu is?

Vast

Vast now has at least a placeholder website:

Home | VAST | Globally Inspired American Cuisine Oklahoma City, OK

And a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/VastOKC

Official open date is October 24 but I believe they will have a soft opening starting Oct. 1.

Default Re: Vast

Not looking like a place I could afford to go eat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vast.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	2533

I noticed that it will be closed on Sundays. Hopefully that may eventually change.

Not a good name for a restaurant.

I don't think Flint is a very good name either. But if the food is good I probably won't care what they've named the restaurant. The views will clearly be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I don't think Flint is a very good name either. But if the food is good I probably won't care what they've named the restaurant. The views will clearly be outstanding.
    I happen to agree with you. Ironically, I think Flint should have been named "Shale," particularly since it's an onanistic idyll for the oil and natty gas industry.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Not a good name for a restaurant.
    If it is an All-you-can-eat, it could be...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I happen to agree with you. Ironically, I think Flint should have been named "Shale," particularly since it's an onanistic idyll for the oil and natty gas industry.
    I admit, you made me go look it up...creates quite a mental picture of what might be going on back in the kitchen (as has been suggested in a few movies)...

onanistic
    adjective
    1. Of or pertaining to masturbation
    2. In a manner which suggests masturbation; hence, fruitless, self-congratulatory, self-absorbed, pointless

i·dyll also i·dyl (dl)
    n.
    a. A short poem or prose piece depicting a rural or pastoral scene, usually in idealized terms.
    b. A narrative poem treating an epic or romantic theme.
    2. A scene or event of a simple and tranquil nature.
    a. A carefree episode or experience: a summer idyll on the coast of France.
    b. A romantic interlude.

photo by Beau Wade

Hey look, you can dine right next to the big "V" at the base of the Devon Tower crown!

Yesterday, I had a tour of Vast and the 50th floor meeting space.

First of all, Vast is much smaller than I had realized; only about 160 seats. The majority of the 49th floor is private meeting space; the restaurant and bar is only in the southern "triangle".

There are two dedicated elevators for the 49th & 50th floors that you access through the connection to the Colcord. It's the only way to get up to either floor (unless you are a Devon employee) and it's on the far east end of the lobby. You have to walk all the way around to the south or enter from the Colcord connection.

Once you get in the elevator, there are only two buttons: 49 & 50. The ride up is extremely quick and smooth.

When you get to Vast on 49, there is a hostess desk and the bar is straight ahead and the restaurant seating is on either side of the bar area. The bar is small; just the bar itself then a long, high table with maybe 8 chairs on each side. BTW, you MUST have a reservation to even go up for a drink and they are booked through December for dining and bar.

On either side of the bar are two very nice but relatively small dining areas. There is a row of tables along the windows and the others are on a riser so even if you aren't against the glass you have great views. However, this is all facing due south, so by far the less interesting vistas: the old I-40, the river... But you are so high you can see OU and Tinker.

I am hosting a class reunion on the 50th floor and we've rented the whole north side of that floor. THOSE views are fantastic as is the main room.

Photos of all this to follow.

Okay, these are all of Vast and 49th floor...

When you walk past the hostess and towards the restaurant, you are looking straight south. This image is the dining area just to the left (east) of the bar that is straight ahead. There is a mirror-image dining space on the other side of the bar.

This is the bar area facing east. To the right (just out of the photo) is the lower part of the "V" of the south triangle. You can see there is just the bar itself and a long table that has about 8 stools on either side. There are about half a dozen chairs along the glass. You can see the east dining area through the glass straight ahead. (They were doing a staff training, hence the people).

This is looking into the west dining area through the glass in the bar. The table in the foreground is actually on the other side of the glass.

This is the east dining area facing east.

East dining area again. Note tables along glass and rest of seating is set higher to allow for views from all areas.

In the east dining area looking back towards the bar.

One of the private meeting rooms; this is the east "v".

I'll post more of the banquet space (and views!) later but here is the largest space on the 50th floor; it basically takes the entire north triangle.

This is where I'll be having my class reunion so I was up there with the event coordinator doing some space planning.

It's a bit hard to see but there is an open atrium directly above the "V". Well, not completely open but when you are underneath you can look up and see the very tip of the crown. We are going to have our dance floor directly under this and facing the glass v. Should be very interesting to see at night with all the LED lights coming through.

Also, in that first pic you can't see it but there is a video screen that can be lowered from that thick cross-beam. So, you can have a video presentation without blocking the great view below.

Looking up toward the top of the crown through the "v" atrium.

thanks for the great photos pete

You can get a feel for the stunning view here, looking north:

What a great place for a wedding reception too. I can easily imagine how I would decorate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You can get a feel for the stunning view here, looking north:

Wow! Consider my breath taken.

Bet that would be even more awesome at night.

Somehow, I get the feeling that they're not going to have too much trouble keeping that room rented out for events.

What a spectacular setting.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    What a great place for a wedding reception too. I can easily imagine how I would decorate it.
    Will be attending a wedding reception there in March.

Lunch Menu does not look very appetizing to me...Anyone know if they serve dinner menu for lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ... Once you get in the elevator, there are only two buttons: 49 & 50...
    Ok, now this is where I'd get stuck. Which floor should I go to... 49 or 50? 50 or 49? I just can't decide......

23. Default Re: Vast

Can't wait to give this place a try. We have reservations coming up and I'll report back.

All the menu options look very good to me. I don't think the prices look bad either for the type of dining offered. Want cheap? Go to Chilis.

Most photos from the Vast Facebook page:

I might have to buy a sports jacket for this place.

Thread Information