I've heard so many conflicting stories about Vast that I'm afraid to
    try it.

In the meantime I'll be dining at Bobo's and Cheever's
    Nothing beats a sure thing.

Prunepicker Guest

Default Re: Vast

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    ... I love that patio.
    Wait a minute. 5,000 stories high and an outside patio?

Horrors.

On the Vast Facebook page they posted they will be releasing their new menu tomorrow (Wednesday).

Here is their new dinner menu:

Wow...even less reason to go there. What a totally uninspiring menu imho. A few more main dishes would be nice. A nice steak or seafood beside salmon would be nice edition as well as a vegetarian option as main course beside pasta which appears to be a fancy fettuccini (so still has animal derived products in it)

If you check their Facebook page, they have lots of daily specials.

I guess you can hope for a special that you might enjoy?.. the menu doesn't make me want to rush out and try it.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Wow...even less reason to go there. What a totally uninspiring menu imho. A few more main dishes would be nice.
    I agree 100%. I was one of the few who liked Vast before, and this new menu seems totally lacking.

9. Default Re: Vast

I worked with Kurt at the Metro for a while a long time ago. I wasn't very impressed, and not impressed with his menu at Vast either. Especially with the uninspired vegetarian dish. I ate at Vast last Feb and almost bought both vegetarian main courses because they both sounded really good. I wanted to go back to try the one I didn't order but kept putting it off. The veg first courses were really good as well. It is too bad they couldn't get Ahmad Farnia to fill his shoes, but he is part owner of the museum cafe so I doubt he would have been able to be convinced to work at Vast.

I've said it before and I'll said it again: OKC's restaurant talent is stretched exceptional thin and it's only going to get worse.

If I was a restaurant operator, I'd be scouting out of state talent and paying them to relocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've said it before and I'll said it again: OKC's restaurant talent is stretched exceptional thin and it's only going to get worse.

If I was a restaurant operator, I'd be scouting out of state talent and paying them to relocate.
    has anyone been doing that, that you know of?

12. Default Re: Vast

Re: restaurant talent: My son just got hired on at Broadway 10 chophouse. When he let them know he had waiter experience, they hired him on the spot. It's a good time to be an experienced waiter in OKC.

13. Default Re: Vast

First time visit

December 16 2014

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willia...7649388711088/

Now that Vast, Flint and the Colcord has shaked up their management, anyone know what John Williams and Andrew Black are up to these days?

I know Williams is still participating in the convention center committee.

Based on recent social media posts it seems that vast might have added TVs to the bar area for Thunder games and such. Has anyone seen this or did I misread their post?

Has anyone been to The Lounge at Vast on the 49th Flloor?

This is space that had originally been built out as private dining space then was converted for cocktails and appetizers.

They are having a craft cocktail event on Oct. 13th but I won't be in town by then.

Just curious about the new space, drinks, food, view, etc.

17. Default Re: Vast

This is space that had originally been built out as private dining space then was converted for cocktails and appetizers.

They are having a craft cocktail event on Oct. 13th but I won't be in town by then.

I'm going to an event next week... It'll be my first time, so I won't have a comparison but I'll report back.

I've been up there but it wasn't actually open the night we stopped by. I asked the bartender if we could see the space and he took us over there. It's pretty nice and provides a more casual area to hang out. They moved the TVs from the main bar into the lounge which benefits the main bar area by making it feel a little more upscale while still allowing a place to watch sporting events. I'm a big fan of that aspect of it as enjoy watching sporing events up there, but always thought the TVs detracted from the feel of the main bar.

Didn't really try any of the new drinks, but I've heard that the food has vastly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by phialpha View Post
    i've been up there but it wasn't actually open the night we stopped by. I asked the bartender if we could see the space and he took us over there. It's pretty nice and provides a more casual area to hang out. They moved the tvs from the main bar into the lounge which benefits the main bar area by making it feel a little more upscale while still allowing a place to watch sporting events. I'm a big fan of that aspect of it as enjoy watching sporing events up there, but always thought the tvs detracted from the feel of the main bar.

Didn't really try any of the new drinks, but i've heard that the food has vastly improved.
    boooooooooooooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    boooooooooooooo!!!!!
    Yeah it wasn't very punny.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Didn't really try any of the new drinks, but I've heard that the food has vastly improved.
    I liked it .

Oklahoma City restaurant earns prestigious ranking

OKLAHOMA CITY – If you’re looking to experience fine dining, experts say you won’t have to go very far.

Vast has earned an AAA Four Diamond designation.

Officials say this is the first time the restaurant with views across Oklahoma City has earned the prestigious ranking, and it is the only restaurant to do so in Oklahoma City.

“Just 656 restaurants throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean hold the AAA Four Diamond Rating. That’s just two percent of the nearly 32,000 restaurants inspected by AAA annually,” said Leslie Gamble, AAA Oklahoma public affairs manager.

Restaurants that receive the AAA Four Diamond designation offer a fine-dining experience and attentive service.

- https://kfor.com/2019/08/20/oklahoma...gious-ranking/

This really has been a great year for the hospitality industry in the OKC metro. Nonesuch wins best new restaurant in america, Empire wins best Independent Pizzeria in America, Butcher's Barbecue wins best barbecue in America, and now Vast becomes OKC's only AAA 4 diamond restaurant. Not too shabby OKC, now we just need a slight hiatus on new places opening so the places in business now can stay in business in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    This really has been a great year for the hospitality industry in the OKC metro. Nonesuch wins best new restaurant in america, Empire wins best Independent Pizzeria in America, Butcher's Barbecue wins best barbecue in America, and now Vast becomes OKC's only AAA 4 diamond restaurant. Not too shabby OKC, now we just need a slight hiatus on new places opening so the places in business now can stay in business in the future.
    I wasn't aware of the Empire nor Butcher's BBQ awards. That is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I wasn't aware of the Empire nor Butcher's BBQ awards. That is awesome.
    I wasn't either, and did some checking. Empire's award is from the magazine Pizza Today and this is how they describe it:

"Each year, we mail out surveys to independent pizzerias across the nation. Using their responses, we compile our Hot 100 list — a ranking of America’s 100 largest independent pizza operations (based on sales)."

So it's basically the independent pizzeria in the USA that made the most money. Says nothing about the quality of the food or experience (except maybe indirectly).

To me, that award is completely meaningless. But I guess if you're in the retail/food business, you take whatever awards you get and display them, like Earl's displaying its 10-year old Best of by the Gazette award (which also means nothing to me, because it's 10 years old and is a reader survey).

Butcher, OTOH, did win a real award - the World Champion team at the Jack Daniels Grand Championship Barbecue. That award means way more than any kind of sales ranking or customer survey (thrillist, zagat, yelp, etc.). Kind of like the difference between a peer-reviewed scientific paper and something that somebody writes and puts up on their blog.

Sorry for the thread hijack, just wanted to clarify things.

Thread Information