Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: Vast

1. Default Re: Vast

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Butcher, OTOH, did win a real award - the World Champion team at the Jack Daniels Grand Championship Barbecue. That award means way more than any kind of sales ranking or customer survey (thrillist, zagat, yelp, etc.). Kind of like the difference between a peer-reviewed scientific paper and something that somebody writes and puts up on their blog.
    To put this into further context.... The Butcher BBQ team won that competition. Has also won the World Food competition a few years ago and did quite well on BBQ Pitmasters... That is David Bouska and his brother Martin.

Butcher BBQ Stand is operated by Levi Bouska, David's son, who also spent quite a few years on the competition circuit with his family.

Default Re: Vast

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    To put this into further context.... The Butcher BBQ team won that competition. Has also won the World Food competition a few years ago and did quite well on BBQ Pitmasters... That is David Bouska and his brother Martin.

Butcher BBQ Stand is operated by Levi Bouska, David's son, who also spent quite a few years on the competition circuit with his family.
    The awards are very prestigious and they are well earned. There is a big difference between winning BBQ contests and putting out quality BBQ out on a daily basis. Although not my favorite...Butchers does a great job putting out quality BBQ daily

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    The awards are very prestigious and they are well earned. There is a big difference between winning BBQ contests and putting out quality BBQ out on a daily basis. Although not my favorite...Butchers does a great job putting out quality BBQ daily
    Well, three days per week, anyway

The new valet parking is now open on Sheridan just west of the Colcord.

Those guys were out there last night standing in the cold without any sort of shelter:

It took so long to build this and it does seem silly to not even have a permanent stand for the valet people. If I was on the DDRC I would have denied this proposal altogether or ask them where they are parking the patron's vehicles. I guarantee that they are parking them in the garages. So Why couldn't the valet have just been "placed" in the back entrance of the tower where the garage entrances already exist. The north side already has a vehicle turn around on Harvey with virtually zero non-Devon Tower patrons accessing it. This would cause way less street disruption and sidewalk interference.

This addition makes no sense to me.

^

I'm sure it's to raise visibility and help drive more business.

Vast is very easy to forget about and most don't even know it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It took so long to build this and it does seem silly to not even have a permanent stand for the valet people. If I was on the DDRC I would have denied this proposal altogether or ask them where they are parking the patron's vehicles. I guarantee that they are parking them in the garages. So Why couldn't the valet have just been "placed" in the back entrance of the tower where the garage entrances already exist. The north side already has a vehicle turn around on Harvey with virtually zero non-Devon Tower patrons accessing it. This would cause way less street disruption and sidewalk interference.

This is exactly where the valet stand has been for the last 10 years. This addition is relocating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post

Devon has locked down the tower post covid more than they ever did in the past. I bet they got sick and tired of dealing with drunk people walking through the rotunda at all hours of the day. I went to Vast for a party a few years ago and when we were leaving, we saw some drunk people playing in the fountain making a massive mess after midnight. I don't blame them for not wanting all the restaurant traffic flowing through the main building.

Looking at that location on Google street view (older view) it looks like they did away with a lot of the shrubs that lined Sheridan too. Anyone know how much they got rid of? Is it just in front of that one location?

I bet most first-timers did not even know how to access Vast during the evenings. It always felt like a "back door" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Devon has locked down the tower post covid more than they ever did in the past. I bet they got sick and tired of dealing with drunk people walking through the rotunda at all hours of the day. I went to Vast for a party a few years ago and when we were leaving, we saw some drunk people playing in the fountain making a massive mess after midnight. I don't blame them for not wanting all the restaurant traffic flowing through the main building.
    yep my understanding was that this was about 70% because of security and about 30% more visibility

Thread Information