Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Skyline Shots

Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Love Your photos!
    Thank you!

This one is rather interesting:

I like all the coloration from the Harkins Theatre and the city backdrop behind. Taken from the rail loop around the mill area, it's not a POV often photographed. You even get the roof-top UHaul truck (ok, I could live without that).

But it's already out of date, with the old elevated I-40 in the foreground, and also the Devon Tower's lights not quite fully functional. But a new pic from this area, and around the same time of day would be really awesome, I would think.

You even get the roof-top UHaul truck (ok, I could live without that).

Now hold on just a minute - there is a club, you see, involving the U-haul truck. Kind of like the 'Mile High' club........

But you have to know the right folks to join...............

In this video, you can see the colors shifting on Devon Tower towards the end:

That's a cool vid, but there's something curious about First National Center. You only see the upper portion of it -- like it's a tree stump. Or rather, like it's sitting in a pit. Does the landscape slope downward quite a bit from Devon to FNC?

Great video! The setbacks of FNC and the top of Oklahoma Tower haven't been lit up in the past several nights. Anyone know why?

Anyone live in/near Piedmont?Awhile ago I was about 2-3 Miles North of Piedmont on Piedmont road and the view was AMAZING!The NW Expressway and DT skylines look as one and made it look massive!So if anyone lives or is near that area could You PLEASE grab a pic from that area!

Now this picture is awesome! @ #53

Just came across a blog where someone posted some pictures of a recent visit to OKC. And we're talking some really nice, high-resolution (and large) images.

Visiting Oklahoma City

I'm not going to embed any of the photos here, because they're really large. Just go check out the blog. Seriously.

10. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Somebody discovered their in-camera HDR feature and went buck wild with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Somebody discovered their in-camera HDR feature and went buck wild with it.
    I'm 100% positive that an 8 megapixel camera on a cellphone can't take photos with that kind of high resolution detail. What you see is DSLR quality that was then post edited with $1000+ photoshop software.

12. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I'm 100% positive that an 8 megapixel camera on a cellphone can't take photos with that kind of high resolution detail. What you see is DSLR quality that was then post edited with $1000+ photoshop software.
    I never said that they were taken with a cell phone. The images were taken with a Nikon D3100. And there are quite a few free programs that will merge to HDR for you. Most D-SLR's on the market will do it in-camera these days. The D3100 does not as far as I recall (haven't looked at the specs in a couple of years). These images appear to have been edited in some way by a free online program. In the cloud, if you will. The EXIF indicates that anyway. Could have just been used to crop or something simple like it. Don't know.

See this shot: http://stuffitellmysister.files.word...2/09/okc14.jpg

Generally speaking, you can't expose for that sky as well as the dark interior of that building in a single shot unless you have a camera with a massive dynamic range, and even then, it won't be that clean. There will be noise where you pushed the shadows. The D3100 doesn't have close to that kind of dynamic range. If you expose for the interior of the building, the sky gets completely blown out. If you expose for the sky to get the pretty clouds, the visible ceilings of that building are going to in dark shadow. So you pop off a few in a row, changing exposure each time, them combine the properly exposed portions of each image to make a single "perfect" image.

See this shot: http://stuffitellmysister.files.word...12/09/okc4.jpg

Notice the slight blooming of light around the tower's edges? That's what happens when you go push a tad too much when combining multiple images that were exposed differently or push an image past the comfort zone of the camera.

Now, can these things happen with a non-HDR image? Sure. By pushing your file past your camera's comfort zone. But the tones in most (but not all) of those pictures scream HDR to my eye.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the pictures. They're great pictures. I just have a habit of needling people that use HDR (I have a good friend that abuses the heck out of it...On cars...And it makes their paint look like clown vomit). It's a character flaw or something.

*shrugs*

13. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Let me just reiterate that I'm not ripping on the photos. I didn't mean to come across that way. My humor didn't appear to translate well.

was funny to me dammit

Now back to your regularly scheduled Skyline Shots thread. If I can find the time, I'll go take a few myself.

14. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Here...I went down there with my camera because I had some time, and the clouds were great.

We definitely need more buildings that aren't beige/brown...

19. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Very cool!

That last one makes it look like the eye of sauron is on top of devon

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    That last one makes it look like the eye of sauron is on top of devon
    There was a picture last year when we had a dust storm blow through that literally sent a beam of light through the dirt down to the ground. That was truly the Eye of Sauron!

Now we just need the Two Towers.

I am guessing that photo is very recent since we had that dense fog just last week. So does Devon ever plan to get the LED strips to be 100% before the structure is a year old?

Those photos are amazing! Who took them?

Took these yesterday! (Wednesday, 9-19-2012)

Thread Information