Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 768
  1. #151

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    From a few months ago:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35ataac.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	3091


    Taken from the pedestrian bridge over I-240 between Penn and Western:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xomlo4.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	3092


    From the 23rd Street bridge over the Kilpatrick:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9ld1s9.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	3093

  2. #152

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    From a few months ago:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35ataac.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	3091


    Taken from the pedestrian bridge over I-240 between Penn and Western:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xomlo4.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	3092


    From the 23rd Street bridge over the Kilpatrick:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9ld1s9.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	3093
    i really love that first one... but i always love pictures with trains in them... well not always, but mostly

  3. #153

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8321326505_1df0c36f79_z.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	3114

  4. #154

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots



    Photo by Greater Oklahoma City Chamber & CVB

    Taken back in May (but new to me)

  5. #155

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    That is a gorgeous view!

  6. #156

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots



    As usual, Devon Tower has its head in the clouds...

    Photo by Laban West

  7. #157

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots






  8. #158

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots


    101_2108 by sweetd30, on Flickr


    101_2013 by sweetd30, on Flickr


    101_2040 by sweetd30, on Flickr


    101_2011 by sweetd30, on Flickr

  9. #159

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Something a bit different from the Midtown R Facebook page:


  10. #160

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Not so much a skyline shot as it is an ariel of the main Urban Core.

    I love how dense our core is. It will be interesting to see if these mystery towers enhance the visual density or detract from it.

    Aside from all the empty lots, the thing that I think sticks out the most as woefully underdeveloped is the Classen corridor. We *REALLY* need to get a street car route from Reno to at least 23rd in the next 15 to 20 years.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304902_10200329019257959_1335760337_n.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	3235

  11. #161

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Not so much a skyline shot as it is an ariel of the main Urban Core.

    I love how dense our core is. It will be interesting to see if these mystery towers enhance the visual density or detract from it.

    Aside from all the empty lots, the thing that I think sticks out the most as woefully underdeveloped is the Classen corridor. We *REALLY* need to get a street car route from Reno to at least 23rd in the next 15 to 20 years.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304902_10200329019257959_1335760337_n.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	3235
    One thing OKC has done right, even with all of the urban renewal blunders during the Pei era, is kept the CBD dense.

  12. #162

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Something a bit different from the Midtown R Facebook page:

    I LOVE this, It makes me wish OKC had more hills like Tulsa instead of a boring flat surface

  13. #163

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots


  14. #164

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    ^^that pic really does make it look like it's the only building in OKC.

  15. #165

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    A couple of interesting views from the west:








    Both photos by Laban West

    Taken in September 2012, near I-40 and Morgan Road.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,478
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post



    Both photos by Laban West

    Taken in September 2012, near I-40 and Morgan Road.
    I've wondered what a glass office tower roughly in the shape of a rig would look like on our cityscape. Imaging it with an observation deck at the crow's nest level. Pretty sweet and appropriate. This shot gives us an idea because of perspective.

  17. #167

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    I had no idea they put in that many new lights on that stretch of I-40, that's really good!

  18. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    I had no idea they put in that many new lights on that stretch of I-40, that's really good!
    They put them all up, but to this day they have only had about half of them turned on. I counted either 10 or 11 of them that have never been on since they were installed. Does the city know this ???

  19. #169

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    I guess ODOT would be in control of that, right?

  20. #170

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    I had no idea they put in that many new lights on that stretch of I-40, that's really good!
    Keep in mind the lens used on that photo is kind of misleading. Those lights are spaced quite a bit further apart than they seem in that photo.

  21. #171

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Keep in mind the lens used on that photo is kind of misleading. Those lights are spaced quite a bit further apart than they seem in that photo.
    Around 205 feet spacing.

  22. #172

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Love this thread. Lots of potential background pics and screen savers.

  23. #173

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    View from South Robinson



    Photo by Laban West

    Feels rather Edgar Allen Poe-ish, to me.

  24. #174

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Another variation of looking at downtown from the west side, from Laban West



    Photo by Laban West


    You Are Now Entering America's Corner!

  25. #175

    Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

    Even further out west:



    Photo by Laban West

    Taken from I-40 and Czech Hall Road, Yukon

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Website Publishes Mug Shots, Then Charges $200 to Remove Them!
    By Bunty in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
  2. NBA's top 5 winning game shots this season.
    By Laramie in forum Sports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
  3. Greyson Chance interview has some nice shots of downtown.
    By mcca7596 in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM
  4. Flu Shots?
    By upisgr8 in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 06:58 PM
  5. Taking Shots at Okla. Justice
    By PamK1 in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 09:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO