Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Skyline Shots

Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Went to 3Sixty July 4th. Definitely a must do at some point.

Thanks for those shots! They're great.

Blog Entries

Tony Gaeddert has an awesome site. Unbelievable shots of "Stonewall Jackson School" which is now an elementary school. The Spanish facade of that building is breathtaking.

Will Rogers Park has really made some improvements over the last ten years.

Plan to sign up for his flicker site.

What a jewel MBG will be in 15 years. If the park has any amount of quality frontage on Hudson, Robinson, and Reno, it will be a *world*-class environment.

May I use this photo on the back cover of the Classen HS alumni magazine, with credit to the source of course? Many of the alumni are out of the state -- we have at least one in every state except South Dakota -- and would be amazed to see how much has changed about downtown!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    May I use this photo on the back cover of the Classen HS alumni magazine, with credit to the source of course? Many of the alumni are out of the state -- we have at least one in every state except South Dakota -- and would be amazed to see how much has changed about downtown!
    Certainly.

Thanks very much! Would you rather I credit it to you personally, or to OKCTalk.com?

Thanks very much! Would you rather I credit it to you personally, or to OKCTalk.com?
    OKCTalk is fine. Thanks.

14. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Hey, Jim! I was driving home from the place that I buy tomatoes from this morning, on Reno in the Farmers market area, just gandering (again) at the Devon Tower and the new BOK building, as well as all the construction going on around the 21C hotel, and I reflected on how much downtown has changed over the past 30 or so years, before Maps 1, when downtown was pretty much dead. The sheer volume of change is astonishing, and I, for one, would not have expected to see such changes in my lifetime. It is amazing.

And, Pete, so are your photos which chronicle the changes. Very well done.

Seeing the Ford Center makes me wish we had the BOK Center...

16. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Seeing the Ford Center makes me wish we had the BOK Center...
    We did the Ford Center when we had no team to put in it, and no money to pay more than we did, and even then it required a maps tax extension to make it happen. So, sure, it was done on the cheap, but it did get done so that it was available when the Hornets needed a home, and so it was there when we needed it to be, and that eventually led to the Thunder having a home, as you know. Tulsa came to the table too late for it to have such good fortune. So, while the BOK Center is, indeed, beautiful, my own preference is to have had an arena which could and did lead to bigger and better things than some rock concerts coming to town. With respect ...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    We did the Ford Center when we had no team to put in it, and no money to pay more than we did, and even then it required a maps tax extension to make it happen. So, sure, it was done on the cheap, but it did get done so that it was available when the Hornets needed a home, and so it was there when we needed it to be, and that eventually led to the Thunder having a home, as you know. Tulsa came to the table too late for it to have such good fortune. So, while the BOK Center is, indeed, beautiful, my own preference is to have had an arena which could and did lead to bigger and better things than some rock concerts coming to town. With respect ...
    Oh, I absolutely agree. I'm glad we have an NBA caliber arena. My comment was purely about the aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    The sheer volume of change is astonishing, and I, for one, would not have expected to see such changes in my lifetime. It is amazing.
    It certainly is! And I'm equally amazed that both of us are still on the green side of the grass, to see this rebirth -- though I still miss the Downtown of 70 years ago, and nothing's going to bring that back.

20. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

That new sunset shot is now my wallpaper. Its so beautiful.

Thank you!!

Looking at the other photos, I think I should fly the drone a little closer to the city!

22. Default Re: Favorite Skyline Shots

Quote Originally Posted by 94GTStang View Post
    Thank you!!

Looking at the other photos, I think I should fly the drone a little closer to the city!
    You'd definitely get a great shot with being closer, however, the distance is part of what I love in this particular photo. The empty roads in front give it a nice contrast to the busy lights of the city. This other photo of yours was a previous wallpaper for me. Your framing is awesome in both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    You'd definitely get a great shot with being closer, however, the distance is part of what I love in this particular photo. The empty roads in front give it a nice contrast to the busy lights of the city. This other photo of yours was a previous wallpaper for me. Your framing is awesome in both of those.
    I appreciate that! The full resolution should be on the Flickr to download. The small sensor size on the Mavic doesn't make for great detailed photos and it was my first time shooting a dusk like that. I will for sure get a closer downtown picture hopefully soon! Would love to get one with the orange sun reflecting off the Devon tower!

The big Cox site is key! Once the grid is restored it will be the nexus between the CBD, the Peake, Santa Fe Station (and Bricktown once the tunnel is built), and the MBG. Such a key and high value plot!

Thread Information