Widgets Magazine

Thread: SE Corner of Hefner and Penn?

Default SE Corner of Hefner and Penn?

Does anyone know what's going on this corner? It is across the street from the Love's corporate office. There is a lot of earth moving equipment over there, and a lot of dirt has already been moved around. Wasn't sure if this had anything to do with the Love's expansion.

Default Re: SE Corner of Hefner and Penn?

Yeah I was thinking that too, but I am talking about the SE corner. People in the Love's thread confirmed that the Love's expansion is going to be an annex, and they are on the SW corner. Or am I missing something?

They are putting in a huge new sewer line and using that old oil patch of ground as a staging area (plus the line is going through there too).

gotcha. that's kind of disappointing. was hoping something would go in to help revitalize the area a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    They are putting in a huge new sewer line and using that old oil patch of ground as a staging area (plus the line is going through there too).
    I think its a big water line actually. Going all the way to the Hefner water treatment plant.

that's correct, there are two separate contracts in progress now (one from the plant to May, the other from May to Western)

in the future, that same line will also be extended from Lake Hefner Dr. west along Britton to Rockwell (or past that)

[WIKI_IMAGE][/WIKI_IMAGE]
    Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    that's correct, there are two separate contracts in progress now (one from the plant to May, the other from May to Western)

in the future, that same line will also be extended from Lake Hefner Dr. west along Britton to Rockwell (or past that)
    Was their already a line already under the Lake Hefner Parkway? I saw them digging on both sides.

Yes, there actually was. In an incredible feat of planning I woulda never thought could be done by the OKCWUT, when the parkway was built, they put a steel encased ductile iron waterline under the new highway as it was built. The contractor for the new line going in now, WN Couch, tied into it, tested the old pipe to make sure it was good, and it was.

Thread Information