Widgets Magazine
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Like most gas stations, they probably reduce prices depending on direct competition at the same intersection.
    But there is no direct competition at the 33rd/Kelly location and same in MWC. 3/4 mile south on Air Depot is a super expensive Valero.
    They're trying to make some extra cash from the interstate drivers at the expense of locals... that's the way I see it.

This is a 100% innocent question... what is the problem? I have always thought gas stations on the interstate charge a premium for their product and service because of the ease of access for the traveler. I think OnCue is enhanced by clean and modern facilities. I think these companies usually pay a premium for their locations and might have higher overhead as it relates to employee cost and supplier charges.

Quote Originally Posted by WitWhy View Post
    But there is no direct competition at the 33rd/Kelly location and same in MWC. 3/4 mile south on Air Depot is a super expensive Valero.
    They're trying to make some extra cash from the interstate drivers at the expense of locals... that's the way I see it.
    So just don't buy gas at that OnCue? Seems that kind of thing actually benefits OnCue customers as a whole as a 5% premium on out-of-area customers helps maintain lower prices for customers in other, "less accessible" locations.

And this is just a thought that I could totally see being false, but is there a possibility that there's an added tax for gas within a certain distance of a federal highway?

4. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    And this is just a thought that I could totally see being false, but is there a possibility that there's an added tax for gas within a certain distance of a federal highway?
    There's no such thing as a federal highway—interstates and US routes are just state highways that the federal government manages numbers for.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/home?search=73034&fuel=1
    Oncue at waterloo vs neighboring stations

https://www.gasbuddy.com/home?search=73110&fuel=1
    Oncue in MWC vs neighboring stations

God forbid they make an extra...maybe $1 optimisitcally?

Anybody else ecstatic over OnCue's new coffee concept?

The newer locations have machines that grind beans on the spot. Super cool. They have also added chilled Delight Creamers the same way 7-Eleven started to do at their newer stores.

I also quite like their Oklahoma craft beer selection.

I think it's OnCue's market to lose with 7-Eleven being bought out by the Dallas corporation. I know a lot of people don't like 7-Eleven but competition is good. Maybe Casey's can keep OnCue innovating.

Getting busy at the location on 39th just east of Portland:

I understand last year they purchased land at the SE Corner of SE Grand and I-35. They tore down the hotel and the old Oklahoma Archery. I'm guessing it will be a truck stop or a store similar to the one at I-35 and 15th in Edmond.

That picture amuses me, I am pretty sure that if it was turned just slightly to the right we could see the OnCue over at 36th and May. You can see the Lowes and the building across May from it quite clearly as is, the OnCue over there is just a bit to the south.

39th & Portland:

It’s amazing that the old Rustic Inn is still standing there on the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    39th & Portland:

Not trying to hijack, but I wonder who owns that mass of relatively new concrete by the SW edge of the property? Looks like it is east of the Family Dollar and (I think the Oklahoma Restaurant Association) buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Not trying to hijack, but I wonder who owns that mass of relatively new concrete by the SW edge of the property? Looks like it is east of the Family Dollar and (I think the Oklahoma Restaurant Association) buildings.
    It's parking for the Islamic Society complex.

Does anyone know if the Rt 66 and Kilpatrick Tpke is still happening? No sign up for a while now.

Blog Entries

Just FYI steel is up at 39/Portland

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Rt 66 and Kilpatrick Tpke is still happening? No sign up for a while now.
    Is that on the west side of the kilpatrick

Is the Classen and Hwy 9 norman store the next one after 39th and Portland? they are doing brick work for the store

Nothing seems to have happened in quite some time at the site on S. Meridian just south of I-40, which was a Motel 6 that was torn down. I think the E/W street is Highline Blvd?

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    Is that on the west side of the kilpatrick
    I thought it was just to the East of the Tpke, land cleared, there is still bulldozers out there, just no sign anymore. I also heart a Casey's was going somewhere out that way as well.

39th & Portland:

This is the site plan for the location on S. Meridian.

The building permit was just approved, so work should be starting there soon:

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    I thought it was just to the East of the Tpke, land cleared, there is still bulldozers out there, just no sign anymore. I also heart a Casey's was going somewhere out that way as well.
    Those bulldozers have been there so long they are probably rusting out.

This is the OnCue site at 39th & Kilpatrick Turnpike:

The OnCue on S. Meridian is now fully under construction and looks like they'll be soon going verticle.

25. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

The OnCue at Highway 9 and Classen in Norman is starting steel work.

Thread Information