Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I'm hoping work at 39th and Portland will start soon. Looks like they cleared the big sign that was there and some other misc items off the land.

The logical third choice for a Norman OnCue would be somewhere on the east side of the 12th Ave. NE & Rock Creek intersection. I hope not, for personal reasons, but I've been in the vicinity of that intersection many times and thought that.

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    I'm hoping work at 39th and Portland will start soon. Looks like they cleared the big sign that was there and some other misc items off the land.
    The building permit has been in OnCue's court since November, and all that has to be cleared up before it can be issued and work can start.

Is the one at Lindsey and 24th still a go?

178th and Western had a Coca-Cola truck in the parking lot today. I am assuming this means product is being delivered inside the store, so opening should be within a week or two?

When will they be moving the HQ to OKC? Seems like they would want to do it sooner than later.

Eh, it's not like Stillwater is that far away from OKC. But, the building they're in looks to be pretty small from what I just checked out on Google Maps.

I believe they will soon be expanding outside the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe they will soon be expanding outside the state.
    They should. I moved to Denver a month ago and none of the gas stations here even compare. OnCue is slightly above QT, and then well ahead of every other gas station in the region.

I believe they are looking at the Houston area.

Oncue got back to me and said they hope to open Wednesday at NW 178th & Western.

They must have a banker with overflowing and bottomless funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    They must have a banker with overflowing and bottomless funding.
    I don't have a precise number, but since OnCue seems to follow a QT model with number of pumps and in-store offerings, I imagine their profit per store is in the same ballpark.

I was told that QT does about 4-5 times the amount of business at each location compared to a standard C-Store. Additionally, C-Stores make very little off of gas sales, but like a movie theatre it's all food and drink sales inside the store. OnCue appears to be thriving at what they offer inside the store and continue to offer a wider variety of food items.

I was at the store near 150th and May gassing up this weekend on a Saturday afternoon. OnCue had nearly every pump and parking spot filled to the store and I was watching almost every car going southbound on May turn in after the stoplight. They have won a lot of loyalty in their few years of being in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I don't have a precise number, but since OnCue seems to follow a QT model with number of pumps and in-store offerings, I imagine their profit per store is in the same ballpark.

I was told that QT does about 4-5 times the amount of business at each location compared to a standard C-Store. Additionally, C-Stores make very little off of gas sales, but like a movie theatre it's all food and drink sales inside the store. OnCue appears to be thriving at what they offer inside the store and continue to offer a wider variety of food items.

I was at the store near 150th and May gassing up this weekend on a Saturday afternoon. OnCue had nearly every pump and parking spot filled to the store and I was watching almost every car going southbound on May turn in after the stoplight. They have won a lot of loyalty in their few years of being in OKC.
    I've become one of those loyal fans myself! I live about a mile away from the NW 178th and Western location - - you can call me crazy but I will never step foot inside a 7/11 again. OnCue is now just as conveinant as all of the 7/11's around me. The only reason I was giving 7/11 my business was because the closest OnCue was 4-5 miles away. 7/11 waited too long to update their crummy,disgusting stores.. most of them are outright embarrasing. They Browns became lazy and arrogant thinking no one was ever come into this market to compete with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    I've become one of those loyal fans myself! I live about a mile away from the NW 178th and Western location - - you can call me crazy but I will never step foot inside a 7/11 again. OnCue is now just as conveinant as all of the 7/11's around me. The only reason I was giving 7/11 my business was because the closest OnCue was 4-5 miles away. 7/11 waited too long to update their crummy,disgusting stores.. most of them are outright embarrasing. They Browns became lazy and arrogant thinking no one was ever come into this market to compete with them.
    Same here. Except there were many times I drove past the 7-11 to get to the OnCue at Memorial & Western to get fuel because it was on my way. The new OnCue will be 1/4 mile from me which will be nice.

And now, 7 Eleven isn't even locally-owned.

I suspect they'll continue to see their market share erode, as OnCue still has about 10 more area locations in the works, Casey's is making a big push and QT is bound to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    The one just announced at United Founders and May won't start until late 2021 according to the Oklahoman article! Too many others ahead of it in the queue at this point.
    Don't you mean (on) cue?

And now, 7 Eleven isn't even locally-owned..... and QT is bound to come here.
    If QT and OnCue are in the same market, it would would be like the Cola Wars of the 1980's. Brand Loyalty and territory would be a competition...or QT just buys out OnCue at this point

The building permit for 39th & Portland was just issued.

Note the large kitchen and indoor eating area.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbrafford View Post
    Attachment 15804

Any word on if this is going to be an OnCue? They just demolished the old travel stop on this site. It seems like prime property for OnCue.

SE 89th and I35 just south of I240
    There are no pending commercial building permits for this property (9000 S. I-35 Service Road); only building demolition. Would expect building permits pretty soon, though, one way or the other

If it were going to be Wendy's, as has been widely speculated, I'd be cautious of the fact that there are no building permits filed for it yet. There is already a permit for a new Wendy's at SW 89th and Penn, on the northwest corner where the shell of a defunct Circle-K sits. It will obviously have to be demolished before the Wendy's can go in, but paradoxically, there are no demolition permits for it just yet even though the new building permit has been filed. For the I-35 location, only demo permits have been pulled.

I would like to be loyal to them, they have reallty clean stores and well lit, but they price gouge for gas at the Edmond stores along I-35. It was $2.19 for regular at the Waterloo store but the MWC 15th/Air Depot store was $2.03. Even the 33rd and Kelly Edmond location is typically at least 10 cents cheaper than the I-35 stores.
    I'm not a fan of their pricing practices.

Quote Originally Posted by WitWhy View Post
    I would like to be loyal to them, they have reallty clean stores and well lit, but they price gouge for gas at the Edmond stores along I-35. It was $2.19 for regular at the Waterloo store but the MWC 15th/Air Depot store was $2.03. Even the 33rd and Kelly Edmond location is typically at least 10 cents cheaper than the I-35 stores.
    I'm not a fan of their pricing practices.
    Like most gas stations, they probably reduce prices depending on direct competition at the same intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    There are no pending commercial building permits for this property (9000 S. I-35 Service Road); only building demolition. Would expect building permits pretty soon, though, one way or the other

If it were going to be Wendy's, as has been widely speculated, I'd be cautious of the fact that there are no building permits filed for it yet. There is already a permit for a new Wendy's at SW 89th and Penn, on the northwest corner where the shell of a defunct Circle-K sits. It will obviously have to be demolished before the Wendy's can go in, but paradoxically, there are no demolition permits for it just yet even though the new building permit has been filed. For the I-35 location, only demo permits have been pulled.
    Unless the property has been sold or plans changed, this property is owned by Eskridge Honda with plans on moving from the I-240 location.

Like most gas stations, they probably reduce prices depending on direct competition at the same intersection.
    Additionally, the cost to acquire the land and the improvements may have been a lot higher.

Quote Originally Posted by dford2 View Post
    Unless the property has been sold or plans changed, this property is owned by Eskridge Honda with plans on moving from the I-240 location.
    I had forgotten until I read this that Eskridge has been planning this for a few years. I can't speak for Eskridge, but dealers usually wait until the factory forces the issue. It is a big outlay and can take years for the market to absorb the capacity.

Thread Information