Widgets Magazine
Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1459

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Buc-ee's is not a truck stop, they literally do not allow semi trucks in the lot.
    Ah. My mistake. I assumed by the size of them they had trucks in there but I've never even really noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Buc-ee's is not a truck stop, they literally do not allow semi trucks in the lot.
    Lol - I've got to ask... are you from Texas by any chance? Because the only time I've heard folks quick to correct that "Buc-ee's is NOT a truck stop" they've been from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Lol - I've got to ask... are you from Texas by any chance? Because the only time I've heard folks quick to correct that "Buc-ee's is NOT a truck stop" they've been from Texas.
    LOL - Born and raised in Oklahoma, live in NW OKC. If you've every been to one, you pretty much know, they have huge signs all over the lot saying no semi trucks.

The OnCue at SW 15th and Mustang Rd is open … and new smells really nice! Fancy touchscreens at the pumps too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9BC59CB5-D2BC-4B17-BC7D-455A981A0CD0.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	17105Click image for larger version. 

ID:	17105
    Last edited by kallio; 09-16-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Didn’t see photo show up that I thought I attached.

Quote Originally Posted by kallio View Post
    The OnCue at SW 15th and Mustang Rd is open … and new smells really nice! Fancy touchscreens at the pumps too. Click image for larger version. 

ID:	17105
    I'm not fond of public touch screens, no matter how fancy they are, unless there is a hand sanitizer dispenser right next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    I'm not fond of public touch screens, no matter how fancy they are, unless there is a hand sanitizer dispenser right next to it.
    It certainly beats the grimy little keypads at almost all gas pumps. I prefer the new NFC payment options a lot of places are installing now on gas pumps. No touching, at all.

7. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    It certainly beats the grimy little keypads at almost all gas pumps. I prefer the new NFC payment options a lot of places are installing now on gas pumps. No touching, at all.
    Yes. Also feels a ton safer since Apple Pay uses a random secure card number. Less worry about scammers stealing card info.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Yes. Also feels a ton safer since Apple Pay uses a random secure card number. Less worry about scammers stealing card info.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure my bank account was compromised by a pump skimmer or something. I use Google Pay at every opportunity.

9. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I'm just glad that OnCue is starting to implement the Phillips 66 app at their locations..... I usually save $0.10 to $0.25 a gallon and can activate the pump from my vehicle with the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I'm just glad that OnCue is starting to implement the Phillips 66 app at their locations..... I usually save $0.10 to $0.25 a gallon and can activate the pump from my vehicle with the app.
    Say what? I didn't know this. How does it "sync"

All of my local OnCue's have "tap to pay" disabled for Apple Pay/Google Pay, etc, they are still requiring you manually insert the credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Say what? I didn't know this. How does it "sync"

All of my local OnCue's have "tap to pay" disabled for Apple Pay/Google Pay, etc, they are still requiring you manually insert the credit card.
    ??? the ONcue's i go to have tap to pay active (15th and I35) and both MWC locations ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    ??? the ONcue's i go to have tap to pay active (15th and I35) and both MWC locations ..
    The ones in NW OKC, north of the Kilpatrick Turnpike. They all have the tap to pay feature at the pump, and even had it activated. Sometime during the pandemic they switched it off, and put a sticker over the tap to pay icon on the pump, requesting you use your physical card to pay at the pump. Figured it was a licensing deal or added cost to OnCue, strange that they have it active at other locations.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    The ones in NW OKC, north of the Kilpatrick Turnpike. They all have the tap to pay feature at the pump, and even had it activated. Sometime during the pandemic they switched it off, and put a sticker over the tap to pay icon on the pump, requesting you use your physical card to pay at the pump. Figured it was a licensing deal or added cost to OnCue, strange that they have it active at other locations.
    that is strange

Blog Entries

Speaking of strange, noticed that there are bike racks at the Hefner/May location but not at the 39/Portland or NW Exp/Wilshire locations when those are both right on the trail.

Regarding germs on the touchscreens … are there more potential germs there versus the gas pump handle itself?

Regarding germs on the touchscreens … are there more potential germs there versus the gas pump handle itself?
    Possibly not, which is exactly why I never touch a handle with my bare hands. I normally grab a paper towel from the window washing stand to do that.

I've used Apple pay at every OnCue I've used since March 2020.

It’s funny to go back to the beginning of this thread nine years ago and read the comments. I lived in Tulsa until 2007 and then moved to OKC for work. I travel for my job around the state in sales, and it was slightly depressing to not have QTs any longer. 7-11 and Circle AJ’s took advantage of their monopoly here, and the OnCue rise is a great example of how capitalism and competition can fill a void to make things better … better bathrooms, snacks, drinks, food, etc. 7-11’s never upgraded their stores until OnCue’s started taking business and even Casey’s General Stores came into the area to fill the need that still exists.

It’s funny to go back to the beginning of this thread nine years ago and read the comments. I lived in Tulsa until 2007 and then moved to OKC for work. I travel for my job around the state in sales, and it was slightly depressing to not have QTs any longer. 7-11 and Circle AJ’s took advantage of their monopoly here, and the OnCue rise is a great example of how capitalism and competition can fill a void to make things better … better bathrooms, snacks, drinks, food, etc. 7-11’s never upgraded their stores until OnCue’s started taking business and even Casey’s General Stores came into the area to fill the need that still exists.
    Excuse me but I'm having a hard time understanding the need that still exists.
    Have you been to California, New York or other old dense areas?
    They need quality convenience stores!
    I don't think theres a need to have a good convenience store or 2 on every mile section in the metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    I don't think theres a need to have a good convenience store or 2 on every mile section in the metro area.
    +1, and I love that you put this out there in Haiku Form
    There's not enough people on this board
    Who appreciate the art of the poem

It's sad!

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    Seems to me that OnCue and the larger stores of it's ilk are busy from 7AM to 7PM. It is common for all 24 pumps to be in use from 3 to 6PM and the check out lines to be 4 deep. Tells me there is room for more in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    +1, and I love that you put this out there in Haiku Form
    There's not enough people on this board
    Who appreciate the art of the poem

It's sad!
    That's not Haiku form
    The format is specific
    This is a Haiku

23. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Just checked with contact at OnCue corporate about the planned store at N. May and United Founders Blvd. They expect to submit permit request to the city before the end of this week, then will wait through the approval process which they indicated is about 6-9 months depending on change requests and that they hope to be operational at that location by the end of 2022. Their march goes on across the metro!

Blog Entries

Can you please ask your contact why the stores at 39th/Portland and NW Exp/Wilshire why they don't have bike racks when they are both right on bike trails? Thanks...

(I've emailed them and tweeted them about it but answers are either absent or woefully inadequate)

Any chance the 13th and Classen On-Cue announced 3 years ago is still going to happen?
    Every week when I am accosted by a panhandler at the 10th and Penn Valero or walk past the loitering-deterrent opera music blaring at 711 I go home and dream of On-Cue haha.

Thread Information