Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1466

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

County Assessor pic from Sept 8 2006 shows construction workers working on the almost completed OnCue at 5900 W Reno and year built 2006. 1620 S Air Depot says year built 2007. No pic from 2006, just 2007 shows completed and open. 5920 S Western pic dated Sept 20 2006 shows just dirt work and year built 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    If they do it sequentially store #99 is located in Norman at Classen and Lindsey.
    Looking at Google Maps, this station used to be a Conoco before being renovated and turning into a OnCue/Phillips 66 back in 2016 or so. It is somewhat of an "odd duck" for their OKC Metro locations, as this one emphasizes the Phillips 66 branding over the OnCue branding (similar to their locations in Stillwater and other small cities in North Central Oklahoma), while I believe every other location in the OKC Metro emphasizes the OnCue branding over the Phillips 66 branding.

All the OnCues I go to in the OKC Metro have the Phillip 66 Top Tier Gas branding.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    All the OnCues I go to in the OKC Metro have the Phillip 66 Top Tier Gas branding.
    They all do, but I'm talking about the branding on the signs. OnCue is emphasized for all of the OKC Metro locations (save for that one Norman location), while Phillips 66 is emphasized for all of the locations outside of the OKC Metro (including the one location in Houston).

These are the 27 locations that emphasize the Phillips 66 branding over the OnCue branding:

3 - Lakeview/Boomer (Stillwater)
    4 - Hall of Fame/Duck (Stillwater)
    5 - 6th/Perkins (Stillwater)
    6 - McElroy/Perkins (Stillwater)
    7 - 19th/Sangre (Stillwater)
    8 - 6th/Country Club (Stillwater)
    9 - 6th/Wicklow (Stillwater)
    10 - 6th/Jardot (Stillwater)
    11 - Richmond/Washington (Stillwater)
    14 - 14th/Perkins (Stillwater)
    16 - Waverly/South (Ponca City)
    17 - 14th/Shirlee (Ponca City)
    26 - Owen K Garriott/10th (Enid)
    27 - Van Buren/Moore (Enid)
    28 - Willow/Oakwood (Enid)
    40 - Adams/Cherokee (Bartlesville)
    45 - Acre/I-35 (Billings)
    47 - 1st/Dewey (Chandler)
    49 - Broadway/Kiowa (Cleveland)
    61 - SH-77/I-35 (Perry)
    63 - Main/2nd (Stroud)
    99 - Lindsey/Classen (Norman)
    201 - Westheimer/TX-8 (Houston)
    4101 - Main/Kenworthy (Perkins)
    4103 - SH-66/Hayes (Wellston)
    4105 - US-177/US-64 (Morrison)
    4106 - 8th Ave/7th St (Stroud)

Google Map has that Norman location labeled as OnCue Express #xx and not saying I looked al all the metro locations but the other metro locations I did look at were just labeled OnCue #xxx. Not sure what the difference is. I looked at their sign on street view and see what you are talking about on the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Google Map has that Norman location labeled as OnCue Express #xx and not saying I looked al all the metro locations but the other metro locations I did look at were just labeled OnCue #xxx. Not sure what the difference is. I looked at their sign on street view and see what you are talking about on the sign.
    Yes, all the ones with #1xx (the locations Pete posted previously) emphasize OnCue on the sign and all the other ones emphasize Phillips 66 on the sign.

I found this on the Google:

Who owns OnCue Express?
    Made in Oklahoma: OnCue Express
    Background: Jim Griffith said he bought his dad's company, Griffith Petroleum, in 1990 because he liked everything about the business. In 2004, Griffith Petroleum merged with Shaw's Gulf to create OnCue Express.

Back in 1975-1976 when I was living in Stillwater I had a friend who drove a gasoline transport truck for a guy in Stillwater named Rusty Shaw. I would occasionally ride with him on deliveries. He would leave Stillwater, drive to Ponca City and fill up the tanker, then deliver to various stations around the Stillwater area and even some in OKC. What I learned about gasoline then was that no matter what brand he was delivering all the gasoline was the same. What made each brand different was he would flip different levers at the depot and it would add different additives depending on the brand. Shaw Gulf has to be the same person. There was even a Gulf Station just as you cam into Stillwater next to the Holiday Inn called Bob's Holliday Gulf. I worked there as did my friend who eventually went on to drive the tanker truck. Pretty sure that is how he knew Rusty Shaw.

Fast forward to the year 2023 and Jim Griffith is now age 70. So, I wonder if he has retired from his company and now let's somebody else worry about current operations.

I didn't realize that OnCue purchased this building at 409 NE 28th near the state capitol some time ago. Plans call it the "OnCue Annex".

Don't know if they occupy the whole thing but they do have marketing offices located there, as well as offices in Stillwater.

They have a building out on Meridian as well. I assume that one is a warehouse for everything that goes to the OKC area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Fast forward to the year 2023 and Jim Griffith is now age 70. So, I wonder if he has retired from his company and now let's somebody else worry about current operations.
    It would makes sense to pass the company off to his daughter, Laura Griffith Aufleger, who is the current President of OnCue.

https://oncueexpress.com/laura-griff...ders-to-watch/

There were some trucks on the May-NW Exp location yesterday. It looked like they were starting work on the ingress egress to Founders Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    There were some trucks on the May-NW Exp location yesterday. It looked like they were starting work on the ingress egress to Founders Blvd.
    Apparently the city is looking at rebuilding that intersection. Im hearing either DDI or double roundabout. Should be interesting to see. Traffic counts are similiar to the NW Expressway and Rockwell.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    Apparently the city is looking at rebuilding that intersection. Im hearing either DDI or double roundabout. Should be interesting to see. Traffic counts are similiar to the NW Expressway and Rockwell.
    They will just be installing a new May Ave. bridge over NW Expressway.

Some movement here:

15. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

The location at N. May and NW 36th has converted several ingress/egress doors to Emergency Exits Only.

Crime must be simply off the charts at that store. Haven’t seen that measure taken at any other.

Yeah it is crime filled, within the I-44- I-240 Bryant Ave Area Forget about safety. i don't go anywhere near unless it is necessary. or i want dave and busters, even then i might just travel 3 hours to Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Yeah it is crime filled, within the I-44- I-240 Bryant Ave Area Forget about safety. i don't go anywhere near unless it is necessary. or i want dave and busters, even then i might just travel 3 hours to Frisco.
    What are you on about?

Got to be satire. Avoiding a 50 square mile area of the city unless you are going to Dave & Busters?

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    The location at N. May and NW 36th has converted several ingress/egress doors to Emergency Exits Only.

Crime must be simply off the charts at that store. Haven’t seen that measure taken at any other.
    They did the same thing to the store on Meridian and Highline.

Here comes another OnCue, this time on the SE corner of NE 63rd and Kelly.

They recently bought the property and just applied to demo the old Petro station and vacant building to the north.

That's an eExpress on the SW corner... Wonder if they will up their game as they have done in other locations. That store is pretty dumpy and OnCue will destroy them if they don't do a big upgrade.

Any updates on the OnCue slated for the far edge of NW OKC at 192nd and HWY 74 (Portland) in Deer Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Any updates on the OnCue slated for the far edge of NW OKC at 192nd and HWY 74 (Portland) in Deer Creek?
    There planning docs have been approved but I've yet to see them file for a building permit.

There's a bunch of dirt work going on adjacent to the OnCue at 33rd and Kelly in Edmond. No signs or anything but they're really tearing something up right a long the building's drive-thru.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    There's a bunch of dirt work going on adjacent to the OnCue at 33rd and Kelly in Edmond. No signs or anything but they're really tearing something up right a long the building's drive-thru.
    It may be a kitchen remodel, as they have recently filed building permits at a bunch of their locations.

Thank you, Pete. That would make sense given how close to the building they are working.

Thread Information