Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101156 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    OnCue, and a lot of other convenience stores, model their stores after QT. QT is always a step ahead and their new models with the kitchen's are top notch. QT for life!!!!
    OnCue actually thinks extremely highly of QT - so much so that they have borrowed a lot of ideas from them. Some of OnCue's older store layouts, like Store #100 at SW 59th and Western, are highly reminiscent of a QT in many respects. Jim Griffith, the CEO of OnCue, has even been quoted as saying, "One of the biggest compliments I have," Griffith said, "is when someone says, 'Gosh, your stores remind me of a QuikTrip'." (Respecting QuikTrip | CSPnet)

Sadly, though, I don't think we'll see QuikTrip come into the OKC market unless something changes drastically... From this article in the Tulsa World:
    During the talk, Cadieux said widely held misconceptions have surfaced about why the chain doesn’t have stores in Oklahoma City, the nearest metro area to its home base in Tulsa. He said QuikTrip doesn’t have any agreements or contracts with anyone.

“When we were founded in 1958, there were just 300 convenience stores in the United States,” Cadieux said. “It just so happened that a few of those 300 were in Oklahoma City.”

He said Bill Brown, owner of the Oklahoma City 7-11 locations that are still owned by Brown’s family, gave the Cadieuxes valuable business advice during QuikTrip’s early years.

“If it wasn’t for Brown, we wouldn’t be in business,” he said. “As long as Brown’s family owns those stores, it would be unconscionable to open there."
    Though this disappoints me, I do have to say it makes me think even more highly of QT.

So they have done some significant clearing at the NE corner of 122nd & Penn.
    That piece of land is currently owned by Kay Bee Investments who also sold them the land at 33rd & Kelly in Edmond.

This site is only 0.91 Acres though.. http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assess...TNO=R128541000

Could this be another OnCue?

FYI: there is a 7-11 diagonal from this land.. and they are in the process of renovating it..

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    So they have done some significant clearing at the NE corner of 122nd & Penn.
    That piece of land is currently owned by Kay Bee Investments who also sold them the land at 33rd & Kelly in Edmond.

This site is only 0.91 Acres though.. http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assess...TNO=R128541000

Could this be another OnCue?

FYI: there is a 7-11 diagonal from this land.. and they are in the process of renovating it..
    This is going to be a 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    This is going to be a 7-11.
    Why would they renovate the 7-11 on the SW corner just to build a new one at the NE corner?
    That makes no sense..

I think they are building their new bigger concept here at the corner and then will lease or sell their old location. I would bet this 7-11 is one of their busiest ones so why not build a better concept across the street to maximize on profits.

Pete said this was going to be a new 7-11. Oncue is planning to build a new store on Hefner and May. They still haven't started on it nor have they started the new Moore store. 7-11 for that matter hasn't started rebuilding their store either even after removing the foundation.

Maybe the remodeling was already planned and 7-11 fast tracked the building of a new store after they caught wind of Oncues plans for the area?

Another 7-11 concept at NW expressway and MacArthur as well. Competition truly is the rising tide that lifts all boats.

Looks like they are doing some sort of prep work for the new 7-11 on NW 23rd and Council. Mounds of dirt are appearing next to the old structures. I wonder which will get completed first... The new 7-11 or the new OnCue down the street at The Outlet Shoppes.

Am I the only one who kind of feels like OnCue is the CVS of gas stations? Meaning: wherever there is a 7-11 (Walgreens) an OnCue (CVS) is bound to pop up across the street...

Not always... For instance, the new OnCue under construction on the north side of I-240 and Sooner will compete with two other gas stations on the south side of the highway... but neither are a 7-Eleven. The nearest one of those is a mile south. Likewise, the older store at SW 59th and Western competes with no other fuel retailers at that intersection; the nearest 7-Eleven is half a mile away at SW 66th and Western.

I'm sure, though, that OnCue does something that many other retailers do - they know that a certain retailer has done their demographics homework, and if they locate nearby they're sure to pull in a satisfactory amount of business. Burger King locating near McDonald's is one example that someone in this forum has used (Pete, I believe).

yeah it's been discussed on pretty much every grocery thread here. my uncle who is part of an ownership group of a fairly large grocery chain in Houston admits this is common practice by everyone

Anyone know if/when the 36th and May location is going to be happening,??

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    Anyone know if/when the 36th and May location is going to be happening,??
    It's happening. They've bought the land.

They just have a lot in their queue (as opposed to Cue) right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's happening. They've bought the land.

They just have a lot in their queue (as opposed to Cue) right now.
    Do you have a guess as to when they will start on their Hefner & May location? They've done the demo, I didn't know how long it usually takes before they actually start building. I live close by so I'm anxious for them to start.

I would bet there is some soil remediation done at that site since it was an old filling station, assuming they removed old tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    Do you have a guess as to when they will start on their Hefner & May location? They've done the demo, I didn't know how long it usually takes before they actually start building. I live close by so I'm anxious for them to start.
    I don't know but I watch building permits like a hawk and will certainly post when I see something.

MWW is tearing out the old site pad on 36th and N May this morning.

Finally!

I filled up this week at the On Cue Express located at NE 23rd and Santa Fe and noticed signage for Phillips 66 now adorn the fuel pumps. I'm unsure if this agreement extends to all of the On Cue Express locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I filled up this week at the On Cue Express located at NE 23rd and Santa Fe and noticed signage for Phillips 66 now adorn the fuel pumps. I'm unsure if this agreement extends to all of the On Cue Express locations.
    I don't know about On Cue, but it's not uncommon for a convenience store chain to operate branded and unbranded gas operations within the same company.

The Phillips 66 branding showed up at the Broadway in Edmond location this morning.

Not really a fan of it at first impression, just doesn't quite feel right mixed with the existing On Cue store branding.

22. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Well they used a generic gas brand in the past. It happen to be transported by an OnCue labeled truck (Sometimes), but don't confuse it with being OnCue gasoline....they do not own a refinery LOL. Same is true with 7-11 and Circle K...they're just convenience store operators that don't happen to tell you the brand of gas they sell.

I see it as a plus though. We've got an Oklahoma store company pushing a Oklahoma gasoline company. Sounds like a good local deal if you ask me. Plus, the refinery is only 2 hours away, up in Ponca.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but does anyone know if there is an OnCue looking to come to SW119th&I44? I noticed there was a storm water permit issued to them for this area and didn't know if this was preliminary or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but does anyone know if there is an OnCue looking to come to SW119th&I44? I noticed there was a storm water permit issued to them for this area and didn't know if this was preliminary or something.
    I believe so.

Also, I'm 99% certain they will opening at I-240 & S. May, just east of the Jack in the Box on the NE corner of that intersection.

Land Run is subdividing the old Homeland property, adding a retail strip along May and sub-dividing the old grocery store.

In addition, they should be starting at the SW corner of NW 10th & Portland soon.

The OnCue would go where the two small strip centers are shown here:

Thread Information