Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1462

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

It will still happen. it just wont sell alcoholic beverages

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    she is anti business anti cars and in lots of ways anti okc growth .. so her being against this would be par for the course
    Also Probably the reason Crime Rates are through the roof in her ward

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    It will still happen. it just wont sell alcoholic beverages
    it will happen and they can sell beer

4. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by RRCo View Post
    I have been working with JoBeth Hamon to ensure this project does not move forward.

Under 2022 Oklahoma Statutes
    Title 37A. Alcoholic Beverage
    §37A-2-139. Bottle club, mixed beverage or beer and wine establishment - Minimum distance from schools or churches.
    It shall be unlawful for any mixed beverage establishment, beer and wine establishment or bottle club which has been licensed by the ABLE Commission and which has as its main purpose the selling or serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, or package store, to be located within three hundred (300) feet of any public or private school or church property primarily and regularly used for worship services and religious activities

Legally On Cue cannot be issued an alcoholic beverage license since the charter school across the street has broken ground.
    The only thing Mrs. Hamon has been able to keep from moving forward is the traffic on Classen in this area.

May & NW Ex:

It would be ironic if QT decided to "fully" integrate into OKC and acquire all OnCue locations! I do not know if this would happen, however, name the right price $$$ and it could become reality!

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    It would be ironic if QT decided to "fully" integrate into OKC and acquire all OnCue locations! I do not know if this would happen, however, name the right price $$$ and it could become reality!
    oncue has almost as many oklahoma locations as QT ..

QT pursuing the OKC locations, doesn't seem too far fetch. They would have little interest in the non OKC Metro locations.

However, there are some things that OnCue does better than QT, like the covered canopy, drive-thru window, fully integrated kitchen/indoor eating area with the Grill concept.

OnCue CEO Jim Griffith has been in the C-Store business a long time and is probably in his late 60's at this point, and obviously has had great success with OnCue in OKC, his daughter Laura Griffith Aufleger seems to be in line to take over operations once her dad retires as she is the current president from what I can find online.

It will be interesting to see when QT opens the two travel stops in OKC if they do significantly more business (with the local following) than places like Joplin or Shreveport QT Travel stops that are non QT C-Store markets and just have the truck stop/travel stop stores.

Personally, I love OnCue and their operation in OKC. If I visit Tulsa or travel, of course QT is at the top of the list for a gas station stop, but I don't think we are missing out on as much since OnCue has really stepped up in the past decade in OKC.

I’m not trying to make a hate on Tulsa post, but all the QTs I’ve been to Tulsa(around 4-5 of them) have been very ghetto and ran by staff with an I don’t care attitude. I have yet to see a single OnCue like this. Now the new QTs in Texas and Arizona are a different story. Very nice stores. I think Quick Trip needs to show some of its older Tulsa stores some love before their continued expansion.

10. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

^^^^^^^^^
    I stopped at the Sapulpa QT a few weeks ago, and unless they were undergoing a reprogram or a remodel or something of the sort it was shockingly run down and neglected feeling. Lots of missing inventory, store in disarray and felt grimy. In fairness I haven't been to other QTs lately, but if this was any indication I think I'd rather stick with OnCue, which has felt just as nice (or even better) than QT for some time, anyway.

I have noticed the staff at OnCue’s Getting more of an I don’t care attitude than they used to have. But for the most part they’re pretty good. Stores are kept up. The lots kept up. The gas is kept up.

The only thing I wish they would add and it’s not a big deal, but I wish they would have automatic sliding doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I have noticed the staff at OnCue’s Getting more of an I don’t care attitude than they used to have. But for the most part they’re pretty good. Stores are kept up. The lots kept up. The gas is kept up.

The only thing I wish they would add and it’s not a big deal, but I wish they would have automatic sliding doors.
    Some do have automatic sliding doors. I stop in at OnCue almost daily and I haven't noticed any negative attitudes. In fact, I was just telling my wife the other day how pleasant overall OnCue employees are during the day.

13. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I was in the Gainesville QT last week and they had completely rearranged the store into a spiral maze.... Not sure if it was to try and encourage more impulse buying or reducing inventory shrink but it wasn't enjoyable to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Some do have automatic sliding doors. I stop in at OnCue almost daily and I haven't noticed any negative attitudes. In fact, I was just telling my wife the other day how pleasant overall OnCue employees are during the day.
    I wouldn’t go as far as to say any of the employees at OnCue have negative attitudes. They just don’t seem to be as attentive or friendly as they used to be when they first started expanding pretty quickly.

I visit the OnCue at S 44th and Shields every other week. I have always found the employees there to be super friendly.

I lived in Tulsa from 1988 - 1998 and lived at QT (stopped by about once a day). When I go back now, they remind me of how 7-11's were here in OKC when I moved here for college in 1999.

I think OnCue has the advantage of serving one metro area (not counting the one store in Houston and the handful of rural Oklahoma locations) and most of their stores are less than 10 years old. They can pivot quickly on implementing changes across the brand. They also have the advantage of knowing the mistakes other C-Stores made in the past before building the bulk of their stores in OKC. 7-11 is building new stores in OKC, but many of the smaller Brown family corner stores still remain.

When compared to QT or even 7-11, they are much bigger chains to implement brand-wide updates and consistency across stores. QuikTrip is still replacing Generation 2 stores in Tulsa with Generation 3 which was introduced back in 2011!
    OnCue matches a lot of the Generation 3 layout of QuikTrip, but has some strong advantages like touchless and much bigger restrooms on the same side of the store, double door and/or automatic door main entrances, lots of egress around entrances.

If you have seen the movie "The Founder", I imagine QuikTrip, 7-11, OnCue, and others all have store mock ups and are consistently trying the best may to move product and people efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    I stopped at the Sapulpa QT a few weeks ago, and unless they were undergoing a reprogram or a remodel or something of the sort it was shockingly run down and neglected feeling. Lots of missing inventory, store in disarray and felt grimy. In fairness I haven't been to other QTs lately, but if this was any indication I think I'd rather stick with OnCue, which has felt just as nice (or even better) than QT for some time, anyway.
    i think quality is sometimes hard to maintain when you have 900 stores vs 90

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i think quality is sometimes hard to maintain when you have 900 stores vs 90
    On top of that QuickTrip does franchising, where it looks like OnCue may not. If that is the case, then OnCue would have direct control on how staffing, stocking, cleaning, and other things go. Where QuickTrip probably has to deal with hundreds of individual owners, which probably have decent amounts of control in how they manage their locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    On top of that QuickTrip does franchising, where it looks like OnCue may not. If that is the case, then OnCue would have direct control on how staffing, stocking, cleaning, and other things go. Where QuickTrip probably has to deal with hundreds of individual owners, which probably have decent amounts of control in how they manage their locations.
    I have never heard that QuikTrip does franchising. There are some websites out there that do say they franchise but I wouldn't trust websites as they misspell QuikTrip as "QuickTrip". Further, the QT website doesn't mention franchising.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    I have never heard that QuikTrip does franchising. There are some websites out there that do say they franchise but I wouldn't trust websites as they misspell QuikTrip as "QuickTrip". Further, the QT website doesn't mention franchising.
    yep they do NOT franchise

The OnCue at NW 10th & Czech Hall appears to be in the process of adding a kitchen.

The steel is up and tanks have been delivered for the location at May/NW Expressway.

I ordered a few items from the Oncue grill for the first time a couple of days ago. Fried pickle spears are a game changer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    QT does not franchise and is a private company. All stores are owned by the Cadieux family.

Thread Information