Widgets Magazine
Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    You're not wrong, but something else WAS going here. There was a 4-story residential going in. It went to planning commission (this was mentioned at the most recent planning commission meeting regarding OnCue). But then OnCue swooped in with a higher offer for the land, so the former owner took that deal.
    I'd say its obvious the former owner didnt have a tenant to drive the deal and it was far from a reality.

And what are we to do if it was going to be a reality? Bar the sale and force him to develop it?

^^^ going in circles now. This has already been covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That nearby 7-11 is pretty bad.

And they deserve to get their arse kicked when this OnCue opens up.

If these places did a better job they would have nothing to fear. One of the reasons that OnCue is so popular wherever they open is that they are just light years better than anything else in this market. Apart from the few 7-11's that have been built or upgraded only after this new competition presented itself.

All of Classen does not have a decent c-store or place to get gas. This new OnCue will absolutely kill it, which says much about the need.
    I'm with you, I personally know people who have been robbed at both of the 7-11's closest to my home (the one on 23rd and Penn and the one on 10th and Western). I do not plan on returning to either one once this OnCue is operational. Personally, this OnCue will be extremely convenient and will give me a safe/convenient place to get gas on my way home from the newly renovated Homeland on 17th and Classen.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Ok, talking about design and site planning, fine, we should want good design. But JoBeth bringing up the fact that there is already a gas station in the area? Sorry councilwoman, your job isnt to limit investment or competition because you think demand is already being met. That gas station is dirty, unsightly and very small. It can serve only a fraction of what OnCue could serve. And if OnCue, or any other business, submits plans to build something, properly follows any rezoning, plan approvals, etc., and even has community meetings and most people are on board, then they should be allowed to build.

I dont care if theres 20 gas stations all clustered together, as long as they are allowed its not your job as council member to deny it.
    Agree. I understand she has yet to start her term, and thus has a lot to learn; but if she carries that attitude she will be a one term councilwoman. To borrow from Cooper’s previous campaign, we need a “yes, and” person not a “no, but” person. I would recommend she take a the following approach: Yes let’s encourage investment in the area, and let’s make sure it is a walkable development. Whether that’s a OnCue, or the next hipster vegan food hotspot; both can be done right.

http://www.news9.com/story/40023675/...bors-in-nw-okc

"We have met with and listened to the neighbors, resulting in a design tailored for the urban core. "

LOL. In what way is this store designed for an urban core!?

I drove by the 50th and Blackwelder site today and noticed that work was FINALLY beginning there. Can't remember now how long it would take to get it opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

You can be guaranteed that Oklahoma will be one of the very last states to convert vehicles to alternative energy.

California has very tight restrictions, demanding that a percentage of all cars are alternative fuels. There are certain thresholds by year and therefore the infrastructure is starting to change somewhat.

But I don't think many of us will live long enough for a big change here in Oklahoma. We can't even tax oil and gas at an appropriate level, I don't see state lawmakers taking this on; it will have to be forced upon us by the federal government.
    Hey Oklahoma was well on its way to heavy use of CNG as an alternative fuel and still has a higher percentage of CNG vehicles than most states. The only reason CNG adoption slowed was because the price of gasoline dropped so much in 2014...which also hurt electric vehicles. Alternative fueled vehicles will not be adopted in mass until they are as convenient and less expensive to buy/operate than gasoline.

^

The ship has sailed on CNG, which is why you see tons of new hybrid and pure electric cars and virtually none for CNG.

And electric is thriving more than ever, even with gas prices very low.

CNG was an Aubrey McClendon thing in order to sell more natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    http://www.news9.com/story/40023675/...bors-in-nw-okc

"We have met with and listened to the neighbors, resulting in a design tailored for the urban core. "

LOL. In what way is this store designed for an urban core!?
    That was my immediate reaction when I stumbled across that article last night. They didn't change a damn thing about the design of their store, except for higher walls and landscaping. In what world is the standard OnCue store layout "tailored for the urban core"?! LMAO

Hmm, that news9 article says "OnCue says it plans to move one of the homes and donate it to the group Positively Paseo."
    I had heard from people that went to the meetings that OnCue was going to relocate all three of the homes.

This project was just approved at council

OnCue should look into building at NE 23rd and Grand Blvd.

The property for sale previously had a Shell gas station. Some perks is it's in close vicinity to Forest Park neighborhood, it's right off the highway, and it would provide competition for the Circle K off of I-35 and NE 36th Street. I think it would be a perfect spot for and OnCue.

Quote Originally Posted by anothaokie25 View Post
    OnCue should look into building at NE 23rd and Grand Blvd.

The property for sale previously had a Shell gas station. Some perks is it's in close vicinity to Forest Park neighborhood, it's right off the highway, and it would provide competition for the Circle K off of I-35 and NE 36th Street. I think it would be a perfect spot for and OnCue.
    Or on the opposite side a little further north and south of Electro Enterprise Inc. that open land would be a nice spot.

The new OnCue at Northwest Expressway and Blackwelder has begun construction. Finally!

Do we have an updated tally of the number proposed and U/C?

^

47 by my count.

There’s 47 proposed or U/C!? That number includes the ones built as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    There’s 47 proposed or U/C!? That number includes the ones built as well?
    Yes, built and planned.

Surveyors and earth moving equipment showing up at 178th & Western today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6B02C8E6-1511-4DB4-9DF5-7E6D012703F3.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	15188

Noticed the Memorial and Eastern store is coming along with the renovation form OnCue Gen 1 to an OnCue Gen 2 store with the double main entrances and cashiers moved to the outer wall.

One of the local Facebook groups is buzzing with some whispers that On Cue is coming to 23rd and Luther Road out by Harrah / Choctaw where the one of the interchanges are going to be for the Eastern OK County Turnpike ramps are going. Not sure I buy it yet but there is definitely some property out that way and will probably be a hot spot of real estate in a few years for something like that.

OnCue teaming with the fire department to be locations for Safe Place.

From a press release:

The Safe Place program is returning to OKC – a youth outreach and prevention initiative for young people in our community who need immediate help and safety. The program uses a diamond-shaped, yellow and black sign on the exterior of public places and businesses that show young people where they can go to get help. Every Oklahoma City fire station and OnCue store will be a Safe Place in OKC. Be The Change is the lead agency for Oklahoma City’s Safe Places, partnering with Pivot and SISU Youth Services. Chief Kelley and Director Roberts will hold a news conference detailing the program’s return.

There was all sorts of heavy equipment at the proposed location at Blackwelder and NW Expressway today.

The house on Classen and Western and 13th that was to be either relocated or demoed to make room for the new midtown Oncue burned this morning in a house fire. Damage appears to be extensive.

Thread Information