Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121358 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

This sounds like the location of the old Steak and Catfish Restaurant.

The Logan County Assessor's online record search page does not show any sales for that parcel yet, so it could simply be under contract or that OnCue very recently closed on the property. That parcel seems a bit small for an OnCue, though... It's approximately 210' x 170'. All of the new-format stores I can think of are on significantly larger parcels, usually around 250' x 350'. It will be interesting to see their plans once they leak out.

According to my spreadsheet, that will make 26 OnCue's in the OKC area, with 18 complete and open and 8 planned or under construction.

Something large has been needed at that corner for a long time! Too bad they can't contract with Braum's to have a cooler full of Braum's milk for those of us who live out there need some milk late at night and don't want to drive forever-and-a-day. Nah, but this is going to be fantastic for the area.

That little Shell over there is always packed.

When they built the new Loves and Guthrie Travel Stop further up the road 11 miles in Guthrie, at least those 2 businesses were on Highway 33 and can handle the new traffic that gets off to visit those stores. It will be interesting to see what "roadwork" will get done on Waterloo and I-35 because traffic there now can be a pain. Sometimes the traffic that exits on Waterloo has to set out on I-35 before you even reach the exit ramp, pretty dangerous.

They painted an OnCue sign on the tall sign that's on the corner of NW 36th and May. I wasn't stopped at the intersection long enough to take a picture. I remember there being some discussion about that tall sign in a thread. I thought it was this one, but I can't find the conversation.

Blog Entries

Is it just an optical illusion or does the OnCue being built at 4th and I-35 in Moore seem massive?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Is it just an optical illusion or does the OnCue being built at 4th and I-35 in Moore seem massive?
    Dude I thought the same thing. That easily looks like their biggest store.

Quote Originally Posted by harp23 View Post
    When they built the new Loves and Guthrie Travel Stop further up the road 11 miles in Guthrie, at least those 2 businesses were on Highway 33 and can handle the new traffic that gets off to visit those stores. It will be interesting to see what "roadwork" will get done on Waterloo and I-35 because traffic there now can be a pain. Sometimes the traffic that exits on Waterloo has to set out on I-35 before you even reach the exit ramp, pretty dangerous.
    Yeah I think ODOT has it listed for 2018 but may move it up on the account of the new highway bill that was passed. Longer ramps. Three lanes of turning so two left turn lanes(with a joint straight lane) and a single right turn lane, and then Waterloo is being widened to four lanes a half mile or something like that in each direction.

They had a huge mixed-use development at this location, but it died.

I was thinking that the mixed use wan on the west side of I-35. Isn't this on the east side? Also They should consider 4 lanning Waterloo west of I-35. That area is continuing to grow an so is south Logan county. Also east of I-35 is fixing to grow as more small lot subdivisions go in. The new high school is build along with a new elementary school at Douglas and Coffee Creek and another at Douglas and Charter Oak..

Correct. It was on the NW Corner

terryinokc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post
    They painted an OnCue sign on the tall sign that's on the corner of NW 36th and May. I wasn't stopped at the intersection long enough to take a picture. I remember there being some discussion about that tall sign in a thread. I thought it was this one, but I can't find the conversation.
    That tall sign is a 1950's leftover from the Safeway store that was originally built on that corner. Every business that was on that corner afterwards used the sign. The Safeway closed in the mid 1960's I think...seems like they had a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by terryinokc View Post
    That tall sign is a 1950's leftover from the Safeway store that was originally built on that corner. Every business that was on that corner afterwards used the sign. The Safeway closed in the mid 1960's I think...seems like they had a fire.

Its probably grandfathered in. Pretty large, don't know if the City would approve a new one that size or close to the corner. I will be a patron on my way to work.

That's a score for Landrun. That old grocery store, originally a tg&y, a Safeway, then a homeland, an albertsons, then a homeland again before being abandoned. Was purchased by them and converted to accept the inventory and business model of hotel motel liquidation after they had to buy out the guy who owned the rise to make their deal. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be in that business, but it probably profited enough to pay the mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its probably grandfathered in. Pretty large, don't know if the City would approve a new one that size or close to the corner. I will be a patron on my way to work.
    We live around 23rd and May and drive north up may quite often. Around 30th, you can see the sign which is a half mile away. We always joke asking where the nearest OnCue is.

They need one near Hobby Lobby on Council Rd. I go to the 7-11 across from Hobby Lobby during my lunch break from time to time and that 7-11 is always packed with people. On Cue would make a killing down there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    They need one near Hobby Lobby on Council Rd. I go to the 7-11 across from Hobby Lobby during my lunch break from time to time and that 7-11 is always packed with people. On Cue would make a killing down there.
    There is one on the SW corner or Reno and MacArthur which is just east of the Hobby Lobby.

63rd and nw expressway is now Phillips 66 gas

And a new OnCue is just staring at I-40 & Council, next to the Outlet Shoppes.

20. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

From today at NW 10th & Portland:

The Moore location is now open.

A "friend" close to the OnCue empire told me that the last few years they have been building their facilities with expansion capabilities and extra parking to potentially accommodate Oklahoma's changing liquor laws. I thought this was very interesting. A good handful of our laws would have to change in order for them to take advantage of this including the "you cant own more than one liquor store" law.

Drove by the 36th and May location yesterday and noticed they were scraping the posts for the sign getting ready for paint. Also, the foundation for the pumps was laid weeks ago and rebar for a massive concrete pour for the rest of the parking and driving area was about half way done yesterday as well. It really looks like the interior is completed and just needs to be stocked. I wouldn't be surprised if they were open by the middle of March, if not earlier.

Spent all day in Tulsa and stopped at 3 different QuikTrips during my travels...

What, if any, are the advantages over OnCue?

I can tell you I like the restrooms much better at OnCue... Always in the same place (to the far left), no doors to handle, and often an entrance/exit right next to the restrooms so you can completely bypass the hub-bub in the store itself.

I like QuikTrip but I'm not sure I'd trade them for OnCue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Spent all day in Tulsa and stopped at 3 different QuikTrips during my travels...

What, if any, are the advantages over OnCue?

I can tell you I like the restrooms much better at OnCue... Always in the same place (to the far left), no doors to handle, and often an entrance/exit right next to the restrooms so you can completely bypass the hub-bub in the store itself.

I like QuikTrip but I'm not sure I'd trade them for OnCue.
    I like the quicktrip kitchens with the drive thru window.... That might be the biggest difference , 7-11 seems to have followed suit on the made to order foods that Quicktrip offers and OnCue doesn't.....

QUIKTRIP® LAUNCHES FRESH, MADE-TO-ORDER MENU IN ST. LOUIS KNOWN AS ?QT KITCHENS®?

Thread Information