Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111257 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

119th and I-44 and 240/May?

That is fantastic news for the southside, excellent locations too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe so.

Also, I'm 99% certain they will opening at I-240 & S. May, just east of the Jack in the Box on the NE corner of that intersection.

Land Run is subdividing the old Homeland property, adding a retail strip along May and sub-dividing the old grocery store.

In addition, they should be starting at the SW corner of NW 10th & Portland soon.
    They are sure trying to add some density. Don't they have one on SW89th somewhere? I would think this would be close enough to 240 and May. I get the one at 119th and I44 though. Isn't much in the area.

I believe so.

Also, I'm 99% certain they will opening at I-240 & S. May, just east of the Jack in the Box on the NE corner of that intersection.

Land Run is subdividing the old Homeland property, adding a retail strip along May and sub-dividing the old grocery store.

In addition, they should be starting at the SW corner of NW 10th & Portland soon.
    Any plans for north Edmond? There is a convenience store desert north of Danforth.

The I-240 and S May proposed location will be interesting. Somewhat close to the SW 89th and S Penn location, but I personally welcome the density of locations. I'd be a little concerned about how traffic will get to that pad site though, since the access road is only one-way, and traffic from the westbound I-240 off-ramp would have to cut across lanes of traffic to get to it. Seems like a better accessible - albeit less visible from I-240 - choice would be the pad site fronting S May.

Now if we could get one along I-35, somewhere between I-40 and I-240... that would be sweet! I see some spots via Google Maps that might work around SE 15th and I-35, or maybe SE Grand... Here's hoping!

^ Seems they are sacrificing accessibility for coverage.

They are aggressively trying to capture market share. Several of their recent and future locations have accessibility issues.

NW Expressway and Wilshire (only accessible from E/B NW Expressway)
    NW Expressway and NW 63rd. (only accessible from W/B NW Expressway)
    4th Street and I-35 in Moore (just a weird site in general)
    S May and I-240 (only accessible from W/B I-240 service road)

There are two entrances to every OnCue, so you can access on the cross streets. But I am referring to the main thoroughfare when I mention the above restrictions.

Access would be available from May as well as the I-240 frontage road. I'm not sure of the exact site plan but I bet it wraps around Jack in the Box.

Also, there is great access at the 63rd & NW Expressway site from NW 63rd. I realize you can only access from one side of NW Expressway, but I don't think that hinders that location very much. It's probably the best one they have.

Access would be available from May as well as the I-240 frontage road. I'm not sure of the exact site plan but I bet it wraps around Jack in the Box.

Also, there is great access at the 63rd & NW Expressway site from NW 63rd. I realize you can only access from one side of NW Expressway, but I don't think that hinders that location very much. It's probably the best one they have.
    That's why they built two on NW Expressway that covers both directions of travel.

More permits for the OnCue that is coming to SW119th and I44. Address shows:

3700 SW 119TH ST
    OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73170

What's going on with the one over by the outlet shops. They torn down the old Shell station and there hasn't been any work being done over there now for about 2 months. Garage Burger and Ted's are moving along nicely

^
    There was recently a building permit. Should see action there soon.

They are getting busy on the SW corner of NW 10th and Portland:

Blog Entries

Noticed the new OnCue development activity at SW corner of Northwest 10th & Portland.

Just west of that at 738 North Tulsa is a huge liquor warehouse distribution center (Central Liquor Company); probably 3 quarters the size of the Mathis Brothers' new distribution center. Electrical work & façade finish is being applied to that building at this time.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4743...8i6656!6m1!1e1

I just noticed an OnCue sign close to the former Haley's Carpet Warehouse location on MacArthur Blvd (just north of Reno and south of Party Galaxy on the East side).
    https://goo.gl/maps/QvVbgJoDViT2
    I'm wondering if this is a distribution warehouse for their OKC locations. This location is basically caddy-corner from their location on the SW corner of MacArther and Reno.

I noticed this weekend down in the DFW area that they are getting a Buckee's I didn't realize that they had built a new one south of DFW until I went through there several months ago. Could be interesting if they continue to grow north. Not really an urban c-store so not much threat for On cue but could be for loves.

I'd like to check out their bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I'd like to check out their bathrooms.
    Greatest travel stop bathrooms out there.

Loves sucks. They really need to up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Greatest travel stop bathrooms out there.
    No way can it be as clean as the Diamond in Flagstaff. They have 2 attendants on full time clean mode.

I've been to both Buckee's in Houston several times but never went to the bathroom...

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I don't mind Love's, but only usually use them when on road trips. Thing is, they are usually clean and have plenty of choice as far as beverages, snacks, etc. They are much better than many of the smaller highway gas stations that I tend to avoid unless I don't have other options.

Buckee's is impressive. But it's merely a road side attraction to buy a carved turkey sandwich, a cast iron dutch oven, and an inspirational quote "hand painted" on "reclaimed" wood.

The true road warrior stops at the flying J. Where every 50 gallons of fuel for a commercial vehicle gets a free shower credit. And you can dig into a moons over my hammy at the in house Denny's while waiting for your laundry to dry. Stop by the accessories Dept for a truncheon dubiously called "tire thumpers" and any gadget know to man that can operate on 12volt power. How about a 44oz coffee cup that has an internal heating element to warm itself when placed on its tip and skid free base? YUP! Just watch out for lot lizards!

$3 million building permit for new OnCue at the northeast corner of I-240 and S. May.

Not sure what will go in the remaining 32,000 SF of retail once the old Homeland is cut in half.

Its not really fair to compare Loves to Buckee's or to Oncue. They target a different set of demographics. Loves caters to the trucking industry so all of their improvements have been geared toward selling more diesel fuel or truck tires. They get a lot more bang for their buck with their current business model.

Better comparisons would be Loves, Flying J, Pilot, and TA. Each have their own rewards programs and perks to try to get the trucking companies to stop at their travel stops.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Its not really fair to compare Loves to Buckee's or to Oncue. They target a different set of demographics. Loves caters to the trucking industry so all of their improvements have been geared toward selling more diesel fuel or truck tires. They get a lot more bang for their buck with their current business model.

Better comparisons would be Loves, Flying J, Pilot, and TA. Each have their own rewards programs and perks to try to get the trucking companies to stop at their travel stops.
    I didn't think of it that way:P So that makes more sense because I'm not really a fan of any of those places but I'm not a trucker either. Travel Authority has a better look, but isn't much different from Loves.

I only use Shell gas. I honestly am not a fan at all of these OnCue's, new 7 Eleven's, or even the Quick Trip's. I used to like the new big gas stations, but after living in L.A., I really liked the smaller gas stations with 4-6 pumps and what not. I'd love to see a BP gas station here though.

I only use Shell gas. I honestly am not a fan at all of these OnCue's, new 7 Eleven's, or even the Quick Trip's. I used to like the new big gas stations, but after living in L.A., I really liked the smaller gas stations with 4-6 pumps and what not. I'd love to see a BP gas station here though.
    It took me a few looks before I comprehended the meaning of this message. It was to my understanding that Shell and BP were the "big" gas stations"

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    It took me a few looks before I comprehended the meaning of this message. It was to my understanding that Shell and BP were the "big" gas stations"
    I mean the foot print of the gas stations themselves.

Thread Information