Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891055 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I went to the 7-11 at I-35 and Robinson in Norman today, could not hardly read the screen at the pump it was so faded. Then the receipt paper was out at the pump so I had to go inside and stand in line for a receipt. The inside looked straight out of the eighties and was long overdue a deep clean. Every QT I've ever been to is consistent, modern and clean. Ive never been to an OnCue but if its anything like QT I hope they run 7-11 out of town!

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    I went to the 7-11 at I-35 and Robinson in Norman today, could not hardly read the screen at the pump it was so faded. Then the receipt paper was out at the pump so I had to go inside and stand in line for a receipt. The inside looked straight out of the eighties and was long overdue a deep clean. Every QT I've ever been to is consistent, modern and clean. Ive never been to an OnCue but if its anything like QT I hope they run 7-11 out of town!
    OnCue is a lot like QT, just not as nationally known & not as loved by Okies.

That would be a lot of unemployed folks. I hope 7/11 continues to step up their game like they've done in Norman and some of the other recently built stores. You can never have too many quality convenience stores.

Then they would look just like the 7-11's because there are no reason to step up their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    That would be a lot of unemployed folks. I hope 7/11 continues to step up their game like they've done in Norman and some of the other recently built stores. You can never have too many quality convenience stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Then they would look just like the 7-11's because there are no reason to step up their game.
    Perhaps if OnCue ran 7-11 out of town, that would give QT the nod to open some stores in OKC. Then all the people that worked for 7-11 & lost their jobs could go work at QT & OnCue would have to compete with an even higher quality gas station chain & everyone will shut up about how much 7-11 sucks & how great QT is & how badly OKC needs a QT & we can all go on with our freakin' lives without crying daily because there's no QT's in OKC but there's all these ghetto 7-11's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Perhaps if OnCue ran 7-11 out of town, that would give QT the nod to open some stores in OKC. Then all the people that worked for 7-11 & lost their jobs could go work at QT & OnCue would have to compete with an even higher quality gas station chain & everyone will shut up about how much 7-11 sucks & how great QT is & how badly OKC needs a QT & we can all go on with our freakin' lives without crying daily because there's no QT's in OKC but there's all these ghetto 7-11's.
    Or just find something else to cry about. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    7-11 employees are just as nice as those at other stores. I have never encountered a pissy 7-11 employee anywhere. I have encountered a 7-11 employee who just didn't say anything other than the total (and that employee was very busy) but not one has ever shown a particularly bad attitude. Ever think it may not be the employee with the bad attitude?
    I disagree. 7/11 employees are fine, but QT employees go out of their way to make your experience better. It's part of the QT culture, like Chick-fil-A. And employees do it because they have better benefits. It's just a far better run business that reflects in everything from friendliness to product quality to cleanliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    OnCue is a lot like QT, just not as nationally known & not as loved by Okies.
    I'll second this. OnCue definitely models itself after QT and does a decent job. Still falls short. I was at the one by 235 & 23rd and the guy at the register was eating some disgusting food & talking with his mouth full as he checked me out. He was also having a conversation with another employee where he was just complaining. Hardly looked at me. I've probably been to QT over 1,000 times and never seen anything like that.

Or just find something else to cry about. Lol
    Nothing else to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I'll second this. OnCue definitely models itself after QT and does a decent job. Still falls short. I was at the one by 235 & 23rd and the guy at the register was eating some disgusting food & talking with his mouth full as he checked me out. He was also having a conversation with another employee where he was just complaining. Hardly looked at me. I've probably been to QT over 1,000 times and never seen anything like that.
    Yes. I see OnCue as the little brother of QT that is following the lead of it's bigger brother, he's just not efficient enough, skilled enough, or have enough experience to be better than or as good as his big brother, QT.

Circle K is typically > 7-11 but still not up to par. Went to one tonight in Norman...trash overflowing at the pumps and receipt paper was out at the pump, go inside for a receipt and had to wait because the the guy is yacking on the phone. They call them convenient stores for a reason. Please hurry QT and OnCue!

I remember when the first OnCue started in Stillwater. It was an old QT, and OnCue basically just moved in. All their stores are now based on an older QT model. That being said, I find OnCue just as pleasing as QT as they have many similar features. Having grown up near Tulsa, I always had a like for their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    I remember when the first OnCue started in Stillwater. It was an old QT, and OnCue basically just moved in. All their stores are now based on an older QT model. That being said, I find OnCue just as pleasing as QT as they have many similar features. Having grown up near Tulsa, I always had a like for their stores.
    Me too. I grew up in Tulsa (15th and Memorial and then Broken Arrow) and always loved QT's, but am really happy with OnCue moving in and taking over the business dominated by 7-11's. Do any QT's have drive-thru's? I have never seen one, so I thought I would ask.

14. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Me too. I grew up in Tulsa (15th and Memorial and then Broken Arrow) and always loved QT's, but am really happy with OnCue moving in and taking over the business dominated by 7-11's. Do any QT's have drive-thru's? I have never seen one, so I thought I would ask.
    Yes. Some do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Yes. Some do.
    I’m not aware of any Quik Trips with a drive through

16. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I’m not aware of any Quik Trips with a drive through
    I misread. Some OnCue's have drive-thrus. I don't know about QTs.

Got these pictures of the demolition for the new oncue at hefner and may. Both pictures about a day apart and they have only been working a few days. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	623.2 KB 
ID:	10577Click image for larger version. 

Views:	196 
Size:	623.2 KB 
ID:	10577Click image for larger version. 

Views:	168 
Size:	884.9 KB 
ID:	10578

Thanks!

Didn't realize this was already underway.

The more OnCue stations we get, the better. Their stores are consistently clean, well lit, and organized - which is more than I can say for pretty much any other convenience store chain in OKC. It's almost as good as having QuikTrip in town... Almost.

Its a race between the new 7-11 on 122nd and Oncue. 7-11 has a two week head start, but I have a feeling the Oncue will beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    It's almost as good as having QuikTrip in town... Almost.
    I like OnCue better than any QT I've been to.

Its a race between the new 7-11 on 122nd and Oncue. 7-11 has a two week head start, but I have a feeling the Oncue will beat them.
    OnCue is yet to submit a building permit application on this site, but 7-11 did that about a month ago at 122nd.

Nothing like a little competition to quickly raise the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I like OnCue better than any QT I've been to.
    OnCue, and a lot of other convenience stores, model their stores after QT. QT is always a step ahead and their new models with the kitchen's are top notch. QT for life!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    OnCue, and a lot of other convenience stores, model their stores after QT. QT is always a step ahead and their new models with the kitchen's are top notch. QT for life!!!!
    I have to agree. I was in one of their flagship stores in Tulsa about a month ago... Holy crap, that place was amazing. Huge, clean, and just about anything you could wish to find in a convenience store.

No sign of any activity yet at the 36th and May site.

Thread Information