Widgets Magazine
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1466

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Does anyone know where the On Cue #141 plans are currently? Has this been cancelled? I can't find any permits filed. Hopefully this project won't come to fruition as it will further exacerbate traffic in the intersection and decrease mobility from the Plaza to Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by RRCo View Post
    Does anyone know where the On Cue #141 plans are currently? Has this been cancelled? I can't find any permits filed. Hopefully this project won't come to fruition as it will further exacerbate traffic in the intersection and decrease mobility from the Plaza to Midtown.
    That location at NW 13th & Western has not been cancelled.

It's not unusual for OnCue to buy property and file building permits (as they have for this location) and not get to it for a year or more. They have lots of new locations in the pipeline and typically only build a couple at a time.

I understand they are trying to buy the Mixer Ranch (or what’s left of it) at rt66 and Post. Can’t think of a worse use for this property. East Edmond and Arcadia will be the wasteland that West Edmond is in no time. There’s a Taber development going in just NE of here now.

East Edmond and Arcadia are going to explode in growth whether OnCue builds there or not, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    East Edmond and Arcadia are going to explode in growth whether OnCue builds there or not, lmao.
    Wrong. If OnCue doesn’t build, these places in regards to economic growth, are in for a world of pain my friend. A WORLD OF PAIN.

6. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I think he’s saying that East Edmond should only have completely landscaped boutique gas stations that aren’t easily visible from any elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I think he’s saying that East Edmond should only have completely landscaped boutique gas stations that aren’t easily visible from any elevation.
    I don’t like that one either! There’s plenty up on the interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OnCue planning new location for Midtown

OnCue Express, the booming Stillwater-based convenience store chain, is looking to continue its aggressive push into the Oklahoma City market with its first location in the urban core.

OKCTalk has learned the company has purchased or placed under contract 1.72 acres on the southwest corner of NW 13th Street and Western Avenue. OnCue has closed on the sale on one of the properties with the others pending.

Preliminary plans indicate a smaller store measuring approximately 8,451 square feet and its customary array of covered fuel pumps.

OnCue has been adding kitchens to a handful of its locations as it seeks to be to Oklahoma City what QuikTrip has been in Tulsa and other markets. The OnCue kitchens offer freshly made pizza, burgers, fries, breakfast sandwiches and tacos.

QuikTrip has had a long-held gentleman's agreement with the Brown family that owns the local 7-Eleven stores, whereby the Tulsa convenience store giant has voluntarily not entered the central Oklahoma market that 7-Eleven currently dominates with 111 locations.

However, as 7-Eleven has been slow to implement bigger, newer, more elaborate stores that have become the primary area of growth in the convenience store industry, OnCue has largely stepped into that void. 7-Eleven has now started building larger stores of its own and is upgrading some of its more profitable locations with remodeled facilities or in some cases completely replacing them with a new prototype that also includes hot food.

OnCue Express currently operates approximately 75 locations in Oklahoma, with 40 locations planned or open in the Oklahoma City area.

Previously, the property at NW 13th and Western had been slated for a mixed-use project by local developer Shyon Keoppel who now hopes to move elements of that concept to a new location in Midtown.
    Crazy that its been over 4 years now. What is the normal develop-to-build time on one of these?

They had to jump through a lot of hoops with the planning commission due to the location, including moving a home on that property.

They only submitted their building permit about a year ago.

Several of their locations have taken 2 or more years to start work after plan submission.

They also submitted plans for the May /NW Expressway site at the same time and work hasn't started their either.

In related news, QT hasn't even started demolition at their I-35 & Hefner site.

They had to jump through a lot of hoops with the planning commission due to the location, including moving a home on that property.

They only submitted their building permit about a year ago.

Several of their locations have taken 2 or more years to start work after plan submission.

They also submitted plans for the May /NW Expressway site at the same time and work hasn't started their either.

In related news, QT hasn't even started demolition at their I-35 & Hefner site.
    Leave the houses alone and find another property, that is just me

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Leave the houses alone and find another property, that is just me
    I think all houses on property have been removed or demolished.

12. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Got word from someone at OnCue corporate that at the future N. May Ave./United Founders Blvd. location, AT&T will be working on utilities starting today or tomorrow and have them finished by end of the month. Then in January they will begin the 6-month construction period.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Crazy that its been over 4 years now. What is the normal develop-to-build time on one of these?
    It looks like because of changing the roads and signaling there, as well as removing an alleyway, it may be taking longer.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    It looks like because of changing the roads and signaling there, as well as removing an alleyway, it may be taking longer.
    Yeah, and what Pete said about moving the houses.
    Just thought it was funny, I had a roommate when this was first announced who was very stoked to not have to use the terrifying 7-11's in the area anymore.
    He since moved Houston, moved to Tulsa, then moved back here and was like "they still haven't built that OnCue you told me about??"

You can see utility work has started as part of reworking the Classen/Western/13th intersection.

16. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

You can see utility work has started as part of reworking the Classen/Western/13th intersection.

I just drove by this location and they have done additional site work. They were digging up concrete on the same corner where this utility work was happening.

So I was a bit bored and went to the OnCue web page out of curiosity. I noticed that there is one lone location of an OnCue in west Houston, TX. What I thought was interesting when viewing the Houston location, the photo section of Google Maps shows an EV charger that I have never seen before and also lockable sliding glass doors on the restrooms. Just thought that was a bit interesting.

They have started to tear up the parking lot on N. May just north of NW Expressway:

19. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

^I was just going to report this. They started Friday.

OnCue has eliminated their self-serve propane machines and now requires you to stand in line at the cashier, pay them, then wait for them to come outside and unlock the cage.

I had to go to two different locations before I could find an employee with any clue how to even do it. What a gigantic PITA.

I usually go to Sam's Club but machines at both 39th & May and Memorial & Penn were out of order. It's much cheaper at Sam's; for an exchange it's $20 while at OnCue it's $30.

I guess you are talking about propane tanks for like a gas grill. You know if you get your tanks at an exchange depot that are not filled full for safety reasons. I was told that by American Propane on Broadway extension and Wilshire. Its whereI take mine to get filled where they will fill them full. But i’m usually filling 3 or 4 tanks at a time. I understand the convenience of just exchanging them. But AP is not that far to drive for me and its only about $20 a tank there too.

I've had similar experiences at the Dollar General where no one knew what to do. One person even said we lost the keys months ago. Luckily a mom and pop gas station down from me handles this pretty well so I use them. Although I wouldn't mind finding a place that could fill them on the southside as I have 4 tanks I swap out as I use them also for a shop heater I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I've had similar experiences at the Dollar General where no one knew what to do. One person even said we lost the keys months ago. Luckily a mom and pop gas station down from me handles this pretty well so I use them. Although I wouldn't mind finding a place that could fill them on the southside as I have 4 tanks I swap out as I use them also for a shop heater I have.
    The two places I'm most familiar with on the southside for propane refills are U-Haul and Briscoe's, both at SE 59th & I-35. Red Baker at SE 89th and Sunnylane also does 20lb grill tank refills, I believe - but I've never used them before. Most corporate U-Haul locations offer propane tank refills, along with a number of independent propane retailers.

Generally I prefer to refill tanks vs do a tank exchange, as you never actually get a full tank of propane from tank exchanges. I'm not sure if it's DOT regulations or just marketing, but for whatever reason most tank exchange places only give you about 15lb of propane. But there's pros and cons to each - when you refill, you only pay for the amount of propane needed to bring your tank back up to full, unlike exchanges which are a flat rate, even if there's still propane left in your tank when you exchange it. Refilling is also cheaper per gallon to boot - but you're responsible for your own tank inspections and maintenance, whereas with an exchange, that work's already been done for you and is part of the higher cost per gallon.

At American Propane anytime I've had a tank expire or get close to expiration they just give me another one before they refill it. I’ve never been charged extra when they swap one out. Even though they have hundreds of Blue Rhino tanks sitting there they will always refill the ones you bring in rather than swapping them because of the partial fill issue with those. They also told me that UHaul only does partial fills when they do a refill on tanks you being in to them.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    They also told me that UHaul only does partial fills when they do a refill on tanks you being in to them.
    Ha. U-Haul told me they fill tanks up full but the exchange places don't... They didn't talk about American Propane.

Thread Information