Widgets Magazine
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1459

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Ideally they would sync a potential traffic light with the 39th/Kilpatrick lights, but I get what you’re saying, so many times the city does a terrible job at syncing everything. At the very least, they do need to add dedicated left turn lanes or there will be an awful high-speed collision one day.
    It has been my experience through the years that city staff is usually willing and able to discuss issues with polite and informed members of the public. Many times I have mentioned some item I thought was of zero interest to them, and learned that they were fully knowledgeable about the subject and all too willing to bend my ear until it falls off in explanation

Newest Yukon location at SW 15th and Mustang Rd opening any day.

They have filed their building permit application for the site owned by the airport trust at SW 104th & Portland.

They will have truck bays to the north of the main building, a first for the chain.

Pete, does Loves still own land in the area? I thought at one point they were going to build a new truck stop with a hotel near the airport and I-44.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pete, does Loves still own land in the area? I thought at one point they were going to build a new truck stop with a hotel near the airport and I-44.
    I don't remember that.

They have a current location at I-44 and SW 89th.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Ah, right.

It was proposed and a truckstop was shown but Love's was never named and that development never went anywhere:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...938#post987938

Interesting. I tried to look for the thread but couldn’t find it. Odd considering it seems to be a good location with good interstate access.

I was really hoping Oncue was going to scrap this plan. This intersection (starting at portland and going across the intersection to Walmart) is a huge cluster**** and a pain for those of us living on the west side of I44.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I was really hoping Oncue was going to scrap this plan. This intersection (starting at portland and going across the intersection to Walmart) is a huge cluster**** and a pain for those of us living on the west side of I44.
    I agree with you on the traffic issues, but in all honesty, OnCue would be crazy to not build here. There will be thousands of people working across the street at Amazon. You have untold thousands of cars going up/down I-44 on a daily basis. Then, in the future there will be more development up Portland. Hopefully sooner rather than later. This will be a gold mine for the chain.

OKC needs to work on that area to alleviate traffic. A partial orbital light rail line through the south side connecting OCCC the airport area and downtown Moore ending at the future commuter rail station needs to at least be studied. ODOT needs to widen roads as well here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I agree with you on the traffic issues, but in all honesty, OnCue would be crazy to not build here. There will be thousands of people working across the street at Amazon. You have untold thousands of cars going up/down I-44 on a daily basis. Then, in the future there will be more development up Portland. Hopefully sooner rather than later. This will be a gold mine for the chain.
    It definitely makes good business sense on their part, but I still hate it.

I'm guessing most of the people that work at Amazon don't live in the area, so it just sucks when you get a big warehouse that moves in, brings in a bunch of people from outside the area to work, then businesses spring up geared towards the people that work there, instead of the people that live there.

I tried the food a couple of weeks ago, it was really good especially considering it's a gas station.

Ordered the burger & fries, and chicken tenders & fries.
    The burger menu is a bit weird cause they have both a weekend and weekday special. Same price, same description.
    Burger I thought had a little too much bread, but it is good bread
    Chicken tenders the chicken wasn't seasoned, but it was juicy. Gravy was heated up before it was given to me. Chipotle sauce was either a little too creamy or too sweet, couldn't put my finger on it.
    Fries were really good, and you can tell the spice is their on their spicy salt add on.

Everything was made to order, and would definitely consider having it again if I'm in a pinch for something.

14. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I tried the food a couple of weeks ago, it was really good especially considering it's a gas station.
    I've not ordered anything at the grill but have grabbed a breakfast bowl, a sausage roll, and a slice of breakfast pizza and they were all top notch for gas station food.

The sausage in the sausage roll wasn't the typical sausage most of the donut shops use for sausage rolls and I really liked that and I thought the bread was pretty good too.

The breakfast bowl had sausage, potatoes, eggs, cheese, and gravy and while the bowl looked small it filled me up and tasted good.

The breakfast pizza was pretty good too but I like Casey's a little better..

If I can get a sweet breakfast pizza with gravy instead of tomato sauce, count me in.

16. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    If I can get a sweet breakfast pizza with gravy instead of tomato sauce, count me in.
    Well it definitely wasn't sweet... It's savory all the way and doesn't have anything tomato on it and you can get gravy for it.

I've not ordered a whole pizza from OnCue to know what their base sauce options are but Casey's lets you choose from gravy or cheese.

https://www.sheetz.com/ I'm originally from Ohio, and we had some of these gas stations. They would give OnCue and Casey's a run for their money if we had them

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    https://www.sheetz.com/ I'm originally from Ohio, and we had some of these gas stations. They would give OnCue and Casey's a run for their money if we had them
    I lived in Ohio for a few years and can definitely agree with Sheetz being a notch above OnCue and QT. It does seem that some of the newer OnCues are kind of evolving and closing the gap with Sheetz.

I've never heard of Sheetz, but can vouch for Wawa on the east coast!

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I've never heard of Sheetz, but can vouch for Wawa on the east coast!
    Sheetz is awesome. They have kiosks you go up to and order customized food of all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Well it definitely wasn't sweet... It's savory all the way and doesn't have anything tomato on it and you can get gravy for it.

I've not ordered a whole pizza from OnCue to know what their base sauce options are but Casey's lets you choose from gravy or cheese.
    My apologies, sweet was more used as an adjective to describe breakfast, not pizza.

Location on Lindsey in Norman looks like it could open any day:

Am I alone in the thought that OnCue should develop a few Bucee's sized stores just off the interstates?

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Am I alone in the thought that OnCue should develop a few Bucee's sized stores just off the interstates?
    Do they run a lot of truck stops? I'm only familiar with their convenience stores.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Do they run a lot of truck stops? I'm only familiar with their convenience stores.
    Buc-ee's is not a truck stop, they literally do not allow semi trucks in the lot.

Thread Information