Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1462

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I'm telling you, the fresh cooked burgers and fries I have had twice now at OC are great for a c-store! Especially the fries! Very impressed both times I have been.
    Sure beats a roller dog!

2. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I'm telling you, the fresh cooked burgers and fries I have had twice now at OC are great for a c-store! Especially the fries! Very impressed both times I have been.
    Can confirm. The ordering experience works well, too. I step up to the computer, order my food, go fill up a fountain drink, go to the register to pay, then by the time I get back to the grill window, it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    They are basically the same except OnCue has those massive canopies which are a godsent in Oklahoma.
    Same. This is what gives them a leg up on QT's to me.

I grew up in tulsa and drank the kool aid too. I'll take oncue though. Do QT's still not carry 100% gas?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I grew up in tulsa and drank the kool aid too. I'll take oncue though. Do QT's still not carry 100% gas?
    Certain QT's do have 100 percent gas. Typically, the newer the store, the more types/variety due to planning of tank storage underground. I think most of their Generation 3 stores carry 100 percent gas.

For me, the main reasons I really liked QT was extremely quick service and the variety of fresh sandwiches that they always had in the coolers... back before they started adding kitchens to the stores. The Triple Stack was always my favorite. When QT changed their sandwiches to not include any sauce by default (allowing customers to add whatever condiments they preferred) the sandwiches weren't as tasty anymore. I think QT still has an edge over OnCue in the speed of service but only just barely... with the installation of kitchens in both QT and OC, though, the food angle is kinda moot now.

OnCue absolutely raised the bar for convenience stores in OKC and I'm thankful... I still like QT but I no longer yearn for them to enter the OKC market like I used to, thanks to the strides that OC has made.

I'll second....

Tried OnCue's "weekender" burger and fries meal tonight for $3.99 at the Portland and 164th store. VERY VERY Impressed. The fries were seasoned well, the burger was big and served on a kaiser style bun, lettuce and tomato on the burger were fresh. It was a great deal for $4! Made to order and was fresh and ready in about 4-5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I'll second....

Tried OnCue's "weekender" burger and fries meal tonight for $3.99 at the Portland and 164th store. VERY VERY Impressed. The fries were seasoned well, the burger was big and served on a kaiser style bun, lettuce and tomato on the burger were fresh. It was a great deal for $4! Made to order and was fresh and ready in about 4-5 minutes.
    Kaiser bun? I'll give it a go. Does anybody know where an oncue is at that has a grill closer to downtown/midtown?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Kaiser bun? I'll give it a go. Does anybody know where an oncue is at that has a grill closer to downtown/midtown?
    NW 23rd and I-235.

OnCue just filed their building permit application for 39th and the Kilpatrick Turnpike:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OnCue just filed their building permit application for 39th and the Kilpatrick Turnpike:

I'm looking at a map, and I can't figure out where they're going to build along NW 39th and the Kilpatrick Tpk. NW 39th is in a residential area.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I'm looking at a map, and I can't figure out where they're going to build along NW 39th and the Kilpatrick Tpk. NW 39th is in a residential area.
    ??

It's a highway in western OKC.

This is an old-ish photo of the OnCue property in the foreground:

Has anyone had any luck in working with their city councilor to get a traffic light installed? Reason I am asking in this thread is that I live in the apartment complex directly to the south of this property, so I use this intersection on a daily basis. It is already dangerous now that Summer Moon has opened across the street and is wildly popular, and it’s sure to get even worse with Braum’s set to open any day now and OnCue now coming shortly as well. The intersection desperately needs dedicated left turn lanes, but a traffic light would at least be better than nothing.

Other than that issue, I am very excited for this OnCue.

^

That intersection is dangerous, especially because people are driving very fast on 39th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

That intersection is dangerous, especially because people are driving very fast on 39th.
    Yeah, it is a disaster waiting to happen. Like you said, there will often be people driving 65+ going westbound on 39th since there are no stops in between Council and the Kilpatrick.

Can you guys help with something? Photo in post 1038 appears to show a traffic signal in the left side of the picture, so I am wondering where additional control is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Can you guys help with something? Photo in post 1038 appears to show a traffic signal in the left side of the picture, so I am wondering where additional control is needed?
    On the right side of that photo; that street leads in and out of both the apartment complex and the new development across the way with Summer Moon and soon to be Braum's.

I just gotta say that I was super wrong about their NWX/Blackwelder location: I thought it was going to be underwhelming due to the access issues (it really isn't the easiest place to get in and out of, especially if you don't know the streets south of the store) as well as it's lack of visibility. But this place gets great traffic.

Given that there's probably not a whole lot of great uses for this particular plot of land, glad to see them doing well. Also gives me a place to get quality gas close to home.

20. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I just gotta say that I was super wrong about their NWX/Blackwelder location: I thought it was going to be underwhelming due to the access issues (it really isn't the easiest place to get in and out of, especially if you don't know the streets south of the store) as well as it's lack of visibility. But this place gets great traffic.

Given that there's probably not a whole lot of great uses for this particular plot of land, glad to see them doing well. Also gives me a place to get quality gas close to home.
    It pretty much my go-to location as well since it opened. I'll go a little out of my way to patronize then.

Really, I don't know anything about this particular intersection and totally believe that it could be dangerous just given what I'm reading here. That being said, this metro area is absolutely plagued with traffic lights. Some streets have them maybe a 10th of a mile from each other and they're never in sync and you always end up stopping at both -- well I do anyway. My wife likes to make fun of me that I seem to always hit every red light between points A and B no matter the destination. I get the need for them at some intersections, but again planning access could have been better. Again, this isn't a disagreement on this intersection rather a general statement. Anytime I see anyone post that a traffic light is needed, this is my knee-jerk reaction.

Not about expansion but on cue related. This could have been a lot worse.

https://www.koco.com/article/man-arr...-fire/37083097

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Not about expansion but on cue related. This could have been a lot worse.

https://www.koco.com/article/man-arr...-fire/37083097
    Tweaker

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Really, I don't know anything about this particular intersection and totally believe that it could be dangerous just given what I'm reading here. That being said, this metro area is absolutely plagued with traffic lights. Some streets have them maybe a 10th of a mile from each other and they're never in sync and you always end up stopping at both -- well I do anyway. My wife likes to make fun of me that I seem to always hit every red light between points A and B no matter the destination. I get the need for them at some intersections, but again planning access could have been better. Again, this isn't a disagreement on this intersection rather a general statement. Anytime I see anyone post that a traffic light is needed, this is my knee-jerk reaction.
    Ideally they would sync a potential traffic light with the 39th/Kilpatrick lights, but I get what you’re saying, so many times the city does a terrible job at syncing everything. At the very least, they do need to add dedicated left turn lanes or there will be an awful high-speed collision one day.

BTW, steel going up at the Expressway/Kilpatrick/Hefner location.

Thread Information