Widgets Magazine
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1458

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

1. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This is purely rumor but I have heard that corner of land is owned by a family that wants to hold onto it until they die so their kids can have it. I’ve heard the same rumor by three different people now so I’m not sure what the deal is but I do know that property is massive and they will have no problem finding somewhere to place a Panera bread if an OnCue is in fact built there LOL
    I've known a couple sets of parents in similar situations. And I've always wondered. If you sell it now, in this case to OnCue, and put the funds in a trust for your kids aren't you doing as well for them as they're likely to do later?

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

This is purely rumor but I have heard that corner of land is owned by a family that wants to hold onto it until they die so their kids can have it. IÂ’ve heard the same rumor by three different people now so IÂ’m not sure what the deal is but I do know that property is massive and they will have no problem finding somewhere to place a Panera bread if an OnCue is in fact built there LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 8.22.13 AM.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	16652

You are correct with the southeast corner of Kelly and Covell, it is zoned as single family dwelling and a huge plot of land. The southwest corner is E-2 open display commercial. If Panera Bread wanted to build, this would be probably the easiest, assuming there is an open parcel near Lowes or Uptown Grocery. The residents in the area would probably have no issue with this to counter the Burger King and Taco Bell that recently went in that backs up to a neighborhood entrance near Lowes. Panera also fits into the existing retail mix with the other fast casual near by (Qdoba, Pie Five, etc)

The northwest corner is zoned as D-1 restricted retail commercial and would back up to the middle school. I understand this to be a strip mall type businesses similar to what is already on the northeast corner. Probably a good future location for a donut shop, nail salon, and dry cleaner.

OnCue would most likely need rezoning to occur in the area for E1 retail general commercial or they could potential build in the E2 open display commercial, but Walgreen's is already on the corner. OnCue at 9th and Broadway is zoned as E1, the OnCue at 15th and I-35 is zoned as E2. I don't think the Walgreen's is 24 hours, but if the neighboring Taco Bell or Burger King are open late, it would help OnCue's case in operating a 24 hour store near this corner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I've known a couple sets of parents in similar situations. And I've always wondered. If you sell it now, in this case to OnCue, and put the funds in a trust for your kids aren't you doing as well for them as they're likely to do later?
    There are different tax consequences as cost basis adjusts on passing to heirs. You have to consider taxes incurred when selling and it is likely high for the current owner. However, there are some sophisticated tax strategy options they can take to minimize current tax from sale.

Quote Originally Posted by traemac View Post
    This will actually be on the east side of Hefner. East of turnpike. Sign is up on property
    That is correct. NE corner of Hefner and NW Expressway. The corner marked above in the picture is Turnpike Right-of-way...so there will be no building there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OnCue also told me they hope to open at Highway 9 and Classen in Norman on Dec.15
    Not sure when it opened but drove by yesterday and this location is open for business.

Site work is moving along on the 24th and Lindsey location.

6. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    This morning I went by the S Meridian store and all the entrances were still blocked off and a crane truck was installing the big sign by Meridian. So I thought they weren't going to make a 2020 opening day. Wrong. Just went by on the way home and they're open.
    I work right by this and it has been packed. I'm a huge Oncue stan so I'm very happy about this new store.

Blog Entries

Somewhere upthread someone asked if the 13/Classen OnCue will still be resulting in the closure of the slip lane and this has now been confirmed via the BRT meeting last week where they point out in the below slide that the pink lines reflect changes coming for that OnCue location.

Name:	20210113b.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	16678

8. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Somewhere upthread someone asked if the 13/Classen OnCue will still be resulting in the closure of the slip lane and this has now been confirmed via the BRT meeting last week where they point out in the below slide that the pink lines reflect changes coming for that OnCue location.

Name:	20210113b.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	16678
    Oh thank goodness slip lanes are so treacherous for pedestrians.

Rezoning docs filed for a new OnCue on the southeast corner of I-35 and Grand.

So, here? Seems like a perfect location for one.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    So, here? Seems like a perfect location for one.
    Yes.

It looks like they have started moving dirt on the site on NW Expressway and Kilpatrick Turnpike.

Coming along well at the new Yukon location. SW15th and Mustang Rd.

14. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Any word on the location planned for N. May and United Founders Blvd. (the old Founders Bank property)? Was supposed to be finished by Nov. '21.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Any word on the location planned for N. May and United Founders Blvd. (the old Founders Bank property)? Was supposed to be finished by Nov. '21.
    No permits of any kind.

They have a bunch of new locations still in the queue.

Do they still own the land on the SE Corner of SH-66 and the Kilpatrick?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Do they still own the land on the SE Corner of SH-66 and the Kilpatrick?
    Yes.

Other than having doors that open automatically by a sensor, I fail to see how QT is in any way superior to OnCue.

Other than having doors that open automatically by a sensor, I fail to see how QT is in any way superior to OnCue.
    Agreed. Growing up in Tulsa, I drank the QT "Kool-Aid" and no other C-store could compare. After moving to OKC, I began to prefer OnCue to QT. They are basically the same except OnCue has those massive canopies which are a godsent in Oklahoma.

QT has a cult-like following in Tulsa (which I was a part of). It's pretty weird in hindsight.

Does QT have the same sort of no-door restrooms?

I love that about OnCue, in that you don't have to touch anything going in or out.

The newer larger QT's do, but many of the older locations have tiny restrooms with doors in the back corner next to the janitorial closets.

One thing that bothers me is when the men's restroom is on one end and the women's is on the other. So after parking at the side entrance for a quick dash to the loo, you have to traverse the entire store to get to the appropriate restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Does QT have the same sort of no-door restrooms?

I love that about OnCue, in that you don't have to touch anything going in or out.
    Couldn’t remember if the last QTs had those or not. I much prefer no door restrooms when possible. It is much more sanitary and better airflow.

As T. Jamison said the full canopies are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    The newer larger QT's do, but many of the older locations have tiny restrooms with doors in the back corner next to the janitorial closets.

One thing that bothers me is when the men's restroom is on one end and the women's is on the other. So after parking at the side entrance for a quick dash to the loo, you have to traverse the entire store to get to the appropriate restroom.
    I just use the closest one.

But seriously, I think QT's fountain drinks are marginally better than OC's. However OC's are much, much better than 711's, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by djohn View Post
    I just use the closest one.

But seriously, I think QT's fountain drinks are marginally better than OC's. However OC's are much, much better than 711's, in my opinion.
    I may agree on that. I have a love for QT's Rooster Booster Freezoni's and get one every time I go to Tulsa probably twice a month. QT's roller grill may be marginally better, but I'm biased because I ate QT chicken taquitos for lunch maybe 3 days a week in high school.

25. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I'm telling you, the fresh cooked burgers and fries I have had twice now at OC are great for a c-store! Especially the fries! Very impressed both times I have been.

Thread Information