Widgets Magazine
Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

This intersection (which basically starts here at portland and goes all the way to in front of Walmart) is already horrible 95% of the time, then Amazon came. Now with the addition of another Amazon building, and this, I can't imagine how long it will take to go a half mile here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Read up-thread.

I posted about this a couple of days ago.

Blog Entries

oops

Looks like this airport location is being built to handle semi truck traffic (north side of building). Good plan as there isn't really a truck station around this areas except for the Loves down in Newcastle and there is going to be a lot more truck traffic with Amazon!

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Pete - do you know if the OnCue is still happening at Lindsey & 24th in Norman? I know someone had said previously that land was for sale again.
    The property is still listed as being owned by Oncue. Driving by this afternoon there was a surveyor putting stakes down and several pieces of land moving equipment on the site. Looks like they are starting to move forward with this location.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    The property is still listed as being owned by Oncue. Driving by this afternoon there was a surveyor putting stakes down and several pieces of land moving equipment on the site. Looks like they are starting to move forward with this location.
    Thanks for the update.

8. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Movement at 13th & Classen. The corner store has been demolished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2978.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	16454

^

That's for Scooter's Coffee.

The top projects map at http://www.destinationnorman.com/dat...#/development/ is now showing the OnCue at Lindsey and 24th in Norman.

i passed by today and the razing of the old little gas station across the street is complete. that is one very awkward intersection for a new gas station of the scale and presence of oncue. my first impression is that they will build a round-about to redirect all the merging and intersecting traffic flows, but that's just wild guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They haven't even filed building permits, which they've done on a bunch of locations that haven't even started.

I think it's going to be a while.

Blog Entries

As Pete noted just two posts above, the little gas station razing is for Scooter's coffee.

In the public meetings that OnCue attended there was no indication of re-designing that intersection.

^

Yes and it's hard to imagine the traffic flow when the OnCue does open.

Thus far, a similar weird intersection at NW Expressway and Blackwelder seems to have not caused too many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Yes and it's hard to imagine the traffic flow when the OnCue does open.

Thus far, a similar weird intersection at NW Expressway and Blackwelder seems to have not caused too many problems.
    I've seen a few close calls though...

15. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    I've seen a few close calls though...
    If you watch many thoroughfares for long you'll see lots of close calls.

As Pete noted just two posts above, the little gas station razing is for Scooter's coffee.

In the public meetings that OnCue attended there was no indication of re-designing that intersection.
    In the meeting I attended, and at the Planning Commission meeting where the property got re-zoned, it was mentioned that OnCue would work with the city to eliminate the southbound slip-ramp onto Western, forcing a hard right turn and slowing down traffic adjacent to its entrances/ exits.

Blog Entries

I don't remember that, but I only went to 1 of the 3 (I think) public meetings

39th & Portland:

The 39th & Portland location looks to be just days away from opening. The 39th St and Service Road intersections that connect to St. Clair Ave.are going to be very tricky to navigate with the potential of people blocking the Service Road. I foresee the potential for accidents or upset drivers. I hope OKC traffic management has plans to adjust the traffic light rotation at that intersection. There is a drive thru and lots of parking around the back of the new location.

Yeah that light needs an upgrade with designated left turn signals to turn onto NW 39th from the Service Road/St. Clair. Especially given that the Will Rogers Trail passes through that intersection as well.

39th & Portland:

Blog Entries

Making a tiny bit of an assumption based on their model, but will confirm when I get a chance... seems like a missed opportunity to embrace the bike trail they bump right up against. Should have bike racks, a bike repair stand, etc, to encourage folks riding the trail to stop for snacks and such. I know it's a car service station, but the cost to do this would be minimal but would go a long way with the local bike community.

(Incidentally the same could be said for WinCo)

HangryHippo Guest

Making a tiny bit of an assumption based on their model, but will confirm when I get a chance... seems like a missed opportunity to embrace the bike trail they bump right up against. Should have bike racks, a bike repair stand, etc, to encourage folks riding the trail to stop for snacks and such. I know it's a car service station, but the cost to do this would be minimal but would go a long way with the local bike community.

(Incidentally the same could be said for WinCo)
    This is a great idea.

They should definitely do that, as their locations aren't 100% cookie cutter. I know a couple of the ones that are right off of a highway (I-35/Waterloo and I-40/Czech Hall) have dog parks.

Down the road, will be interesting to see when they start adding charging stations to some of their locations as well.

HangryHippo Guest

The one @ 36th and May and the one in Yukon already have charging stations.

Thread Information