Widgets Magazine
Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

1. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I used to live at 42nd and Blackwelder. There were NO quality gas stations even remotely close. Would have been my go-to. Sad I missed out on it.

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I used to live at 42nd and Blackwelder. There were NO quality gas stations even remotely close. Would have been my go-to. Sad I missed out on it.
    Where are you now that you are back?

3. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Where are you now that you are back?
    Closing on a house in Shepherd tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Closing on a house in Shepherd tomorrow!
    Congrats! Great to have you back.

So, Pete... any plans for an OnCue near Memorial and Rockwell or Memorial and MacArthur? They just put up the new 7-Eleven theret at Rockwell with the new TFCU branch and with the new Wal-Mart going in eventually I can't imagine OnCue is going to surrender that corner to 7-Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    So, Pete... any plans for an OnCue near Memorial and Rockwell or Memorial and MacArthur? They just put up the new 7-Eleven theret at Rockwell with the new TFCU branch and with the new Wal-Mart going in eventually I can't imagine OnCue is going to surrender that corner to 7-Eleven.
    OnCue has not acquired any land in that area to my knowledge.

Blog Entries

There was talk going around our neighborhood that OC was working to buy the SE corner at Council and Memorial. May just be a scurrilous rumor though. That intersection gets a lot more traffic than it used to due to Paycom, Farmers, etc.

NW Ex & Blackwelder:

So weird to see that intersection with the wall gone.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    If I'm remembering that intersection correctly, it is already a bit of a mess.

And with all of the increased OnCue traffic, it wouldn't be surprising if there are two or three wrecks per day at the intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    If I'm remembering that intersection correctly, it is already a bit of a mess.

And with all of the increased OnCue traffic, it wouldn't be surprising if there are two or three wrecks per day at the intersection.
    This intersection is part of my daily commute both ways and I swear that the eastbound left turn lane into McDonald's has a green light when all of the westbound traffic does. I've seen so many narrow misses around that intersection.

I just don't understand why OnCue would have spent all of that money to re-work Richmond Square, and then not make any improvements to Blackwelder. So strange, and the only disappointing thing about this project to me. Other than that, I'm very happy to finally have an OnCue right on my normal route to and from work.

13. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    It looks very different. Big improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I just don't understand why OnCue would have spent all of that money to re-work Richmond Square, and then not make any improvements to Blackwelder. So strange, and the only disappointing thing about this project to me. Other than that, I'm very happy to finally have an OnCue right on my normal route to and from work.
    Richmond Square was BAD, and right in front of their store. Makes perfect sense that they would get that taken care of. The wall removal helps a lot as well.

OnCue filed their building permit application for the 39th & Portland location.

Still debating but here are some interesting bits of info.

OnCue is proposing to do the following all at their expense:

- Move the homes on their properties to other lots
    - Install much more landscaping than is required by code (1st photo below)
    - Improve the 13th and Classen/Western intersection (2nd photo)

New article today from Steve Lackmeyer... https://oklahoman.com/article/5646493/no-headline (subscribers only)

I can't see the whole thing but it looks like the recently renovated historic home at 1116 NW 13th is coming down today. OnCue and Positively Paseo determined that the house was not structurally sound enough to withstand relocation.... so OnCue's knocking 'er down.

Of the three properties OnCue promised to preserve and relocate - 1116 NW 13th, 1303 N Western Ave, and 1121 NW 12th, ultimately only one house will actually get preserved: the new construction Craftsman-style house on 12th that was just built a few years ago. 1303 N Western was lost to fire earlier this year.

But hey, at least this urban residential neighborhood is gonna get a disposable commercial building with a sea of parking and a totally necessary drive-through that OnCue just HAD to have. Mission accomplished!

All that has changed is one of the homes won't be moved because it was full of mold and not worth saving.

OnCue is yet to file their building permit application so real work won't be starting here for a while.

All that has changed is one of the homes won't be moved because it was full of mold and not worth saving.

OnCue is yet to file their building permit application so real work won't be starting here for a while.
    That's weird, because Lackmeyer's article is saying the house is too structurally compromised to move. And that house got a full renovation in 2017-2018, so a huge mold issue seems.... strange. Was it left open to the elements after OnCue bought it? Because the pictures from the old listing on Redfin make the interior look gorgeous, and it's obvious they did a lot of work to it... https://www.redfin.com/OK/Oklahoma-C.../home/71763349

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    That's weird, because Lackmeyer's article is saying the house is too structurally compromised to move. And that house got a full renovation in 2017-2018, so a huge mold issue seems.... strange. Was it left open to the elements after OnCue bought it? Because the pictures from the old listing on Redfin make the interior look gorgeous, and it's obvious they did a lot of work to it... https://www.redfin.com/OK/Oklahoma-C.../home/71763349
    Although the house looked good in pictures, I would suggest it had no historic elements in the kitchen and baths. In fact, they were totally modern and trendy. When I lived in the area through the 1990s the house would be seen as a flipper (although the term did not exist then), and the real challenges of wiring, plumbing and structural integrity would be suspect. An early 20th century bungalow with no historic features intact suffers from the belief that a brand new copycat can be built cheaper and better.

Basements in those houses can be nasty. It is easy to believe that cracks in the concrete (slab or block) walls allowed large amounts of water to brew in the basement area, grow mold and rot the foundation boards.

Getting very close at NW Ex and Blackwelder:

After stopping at the new Buc-ees in Denton yesterday...this looks small in comparison. That thing is huge with 122 gas pumps and a car wash.

Will the 39th and Portland location be their next build?

23. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Will the 39th and Portland location be their next build?
    I know it won't be Norman. They demo'd and cleared the land a long while back. Just an empty lot now. Still better than seeing Bryan's Car Corner though...

They are moving the house for the future OnCue location at 12th & Western:

Is there an opening date set for this location? It's on the way to work for my wife, so she'll be very happy to see it open.

Thread Information