Widgets Magazine
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    It is one LONG fuel desert down Northwest Expressway. To think it's so close to Penn Square, Belle Isle Station, so many things and gas stations and convenience stores are nowhere. This will crush it at this location.

That is an interesting point as I can remember as a kid when there were gas stations dotting the area. Right where the new OnCue is going in, across the street from there at the old Montgomery Ward Auto Center, on the corner of NW Hwy & Penn, NW Hwy & Independence, just south of NW Hwy on May at 50th, NW Hwy & Portland, & just south on Portland around 58th, NW Hwy & Macarthur, and IIRC on the east side of the Classen Circle at 50th. I sure there were others.

It's really the same for Classen, apart from a dodgy 7-11.

I'm sure that's why OnCue was so keen to find a site along there. They looked at a bunch of different (and expensive) options before settling on 13th & Western.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OnCue is very smart in its site selections, and you can see that because just about every location does great business.
    They do, but it's not only about that either. There isn't a single OnCue that I actually drive by on a daily basis, yet it's the only gas/convenience store I patronize. I go where I need to go to get to it. There's lots of that going on too because of how they do business.

^

Very true.

But they also have lots of locations now which means that there are plenty to choose from, and their stores all stay busy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    They do, but it's not only about that either. There isn't a single OnCue that I actually drive by on a daily basis, yet it's the only gas/convenience store I patronize. I go where I need to go to get to it. There's lots of that going on too because of how they do business.

Same. Drive 5 miles out of my way to go to OnCue. I pass multiple other gas stations. It's the closest OKC will get to QT in my lifetime. They have a good model and continue to improve.

OnCue is very smart in its site selections, and you can see that because just about every location does great business.
    The OnCue in that weird location in Moore off I-35 is doing great business so far? That location is not a really smart site selection in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    The OnCue in that weird location in Moore off I-35 is doing great business so far? That location is not a really smart site selection in my opinion
    I think they are getting to the point where the best locations are in place and the sites going forward could be more marginal. The thing is, though, that many people will drive out of their way to patronize an On-Cue. And I would confess that I’m one of them. I don’t go to sh!t gas stations, and I certainly am not putting any ethanol in my vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    I think they are getting to the point where the best locations are in place and the sites going forward could be more marginal. The thing is, though, that many people will drive out of their way to patronize an On-Cue. And I would confess that I’m one of them. I don’t go to sh!t gas stations, and I certainly am not putting any ethanol in my vehicles.
    I do not put any ethanol in my vehicle either

The old house that had burned near NW 13th and Western has been demolished.

NW Expressway and Blackwelder:

When will the one on NW 164th and 74 Highway be complete?

The old house that had burned near NW 13th and Western has been demolished.

Sad times for the area. This house of a time, size and color that always reminded me of the house around 14th & Broadway that I had during the 1990s. Both houses wound up as about the last thing on the block. And now this one is gone. So many times it is just the dumb luck of location that determines what old buildings survive. The former Sabolich buildings at 10th & Western that burned a couple weeks ago is/are another example. A nice little Post War era stone building that still had a nice exterior covered up (but not removed) by iffy "updating" that had the misfortune of being in a location where future development made it expendable. Enter neglect and destruction by fire.

Steel going up at 178th & Western

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	322E2857-3E99-48D9-ADE3-7541F53CE54C.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	15468

Name:	FD037A4F-B28F-4B5F-BD69-D6E3FC349C34.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	15469

Name:	329BD922-49A6-4463-A7FF-ADCA7C1EB517.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	15470

If OnCue ever goes public, I am buying in. It is amazing the mentality of driving past 2 or 3 crusty corner gas stations just to use an OnCueExpress. They are dominating the market.

Are Oncues built by the same contractor? They have built so many the past few years, you would think if the same set of workers have worked on them they would almost have the blueprints memorized by now. lol

The OnCue at NW 164th and Portland is progressing. I would guess It may be open in mid-October at this point.

Name:	OnCue.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	15558

NW Ex & Blackwelder:

i am very surprised that there is no oncue gas station along the sw 29th street axis. in particular, the stretch between walker and may along 29th could really use a vast, modern, clean gas station.

the i-35 exit at s.e 15th street could also use an oncue, i always see huge lines of cars waiting their turn at the small gas stations in the area.

It would be interesting to see if they could fit one in on the NW corner of 29th and Penn. That location would kill it, but no idea what that land is zoned for and also there's sort of a weird traffic pattern in that area.

I drove by the proposed location on Rte 66 just east of the Kilpatrick and noticed the OnCue sign has been removed and a new for sale sign was up. Also there was an excavator on site working. Has OnCue pulled out of this location completely or relocated to another site in the area?

21. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Any word on the Meridian/Highline project?

Their NW 164th and Portland location opened yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Any word on the Meridian/Highline project?
    No plans have been filed and it seems like they have a bunch of other locations in line first.

NW Expressway/Blackwelder is getting very close to completion.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    NW Expressway/Blackwelder is getting very close to completion.
    My wife and I are so ready for this to be up and running, instantly our most convenient and favorite gas station.

Thread Information