Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567853 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Im happy about there expansion. Being from tulsa i've been sick and tired of 7-11's since i got here. No matter what side of town you go into one at its like stepping back in time to dirty, cluttered, 3rd world country with crappy employees.

Any time i visit qt in tulsa if 1 cashier is ringing someone up and i walk up another cashier will literally stop stocking and jog over to help check me out. 7-11 would have the other person there on there phone trying to score some drugs or reading a news paper.

Man, I don't know what all this bashing is about 7-11. It is not that bad. There are actually very nice ones out there. The new ones are especially nice and the older ones I've been to aren't horrible. There are a few out there that are pretty bad, but that goes with almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Man, I don't know what all this bashing is about 7-11. It is not that bad. There actually very nice ones out there. The new ones are especially nice and the older ones I've been to aren't horrible. There are a few out there that are pretty bad, but that goes with almost anything.
    Agree...New ones are popping up all over time and they are nice...Love the switch to no ethanol as well

The 7-11 I went to was at Yukon Pkway and NW 10th, then. That sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972ford View Post
    7-11 gas is bad for your vehicle 100% gas is the way to go
    In most major metros it is not an option, there three stations that shows up on Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada in the Denver area, there were none in the Austin area and you had to get quite a bit outside of Austin to find real gas. I know that when filling up in OKC (driving between Austin and OKC) I would fill up at the On-Cue at Reno & MacArthur not far from my parents house. On that trip between Austin-OKC we would stop at the QT on the south side of Fort Worth or Denton, the restrooms are usually bigger than many other type of places so there is rarely a line and they have a good selection of beverages and snacks and the line moves pretty quick. One other reason the gas is usually a little cheaper than some of the other stops along I-35. On the drive from OKC to Denver there are a few along I-135 between Wichita and Salina, we usually stop there (and a Pilot on I-70) for those same reasons.

I prefer the OKC 7-11's to the Southland Corp. standard ones like we had in Austin or have up here in Denver. We usually get gas at a Valero by our new house or a Loaf 'n Jug (Kroger/King Soupers gas station) because they average about 10 cents less (for regular, 15-20 for premium) than the Conoco of Circle K/Shell stations around here and they are usually on the way to wherever we are going.

Quote Originally Posted by 1972ford View Post
    Most of the ones I see only offer 85% to 90% no 100%
    few years back, very true. Some older stations, may still be true. But several (all?) built in the last year or two have no ethanol in three grades and then have an ethanol option as well. It's the only reason I sometimes buy gas at the new one at Robinson & Flood. Well, that they have it and that it was way below the other 100% gas places (though others have come a bit closer to being in line as well)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    few years back, very true. Some older stations, may still be true. But several (all?) built in the last year or two have no ethanol in three grades and then have an ethanol option as well. It's the only reason I sometimes buy gas at the new one at Robinson & Flood. Well, that they have it and that it was way below the other 100% gas places (though others have come a bit closer to being in line as well)
    I have seen a lot of 7-11's around the city that have been converted over to include both. Especially in the nicer parts of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    Im happy about there expansion. Being from tulsa i've been sick and tired of 7-11's since i got here. No matter what side of town you go into one at its like stepping back in time to dirty, cluttered, 3rd world country with crappy employees.
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe it's just where I live, but disinterested employees, lack of basic cleanliness and amenities, the list goes on. Haven't gone to one in ages since on-cue came to town.

I guess I'm just fortunate or blessed or something. Even in older dinkier stores, I find decent smiles and courteous folk at the 7/11 most anytime I stop.

I can think of one that isn't really like that, but it's only on a certain shift, and well, I don't think that person would be all that cordial if working elsewhere.
    The employee often reminds me of something I once heard ... some folk drink lemonade, some drink coffee, some drink pickle juice.

7-11 employees are just as nice as those at other stores. I have never encountered a pissy 7-11 employee anywhere. I have encountered a 7-11 employee who just didn't say anything other than the total (and that employee was very busy) but not one has ever shown a particularly bad attitude. Ever think it may not be the employee with the bad attitude?

Not sure but I was driving near 23rd and council last week and i want to say I saw a new 7-11 being built that looked pretty huge. Maybe 20+ pump lanes. Looked like the size to compete with an OnCue.

12. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So, I've heard earlier on in this thread that a QT will never happen in OKC. Is that really true or just speculation?
    It's absolutely true. It's a deal made with the Brown family, which owns OKC 7-Eleven, which itself is a separate company from the rest of 7-Eleven.

Never would have thought that people care so much about gas stations.

I guess there is a reason why Oklahoma is one of the unhealthiest states in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Never would have thought that people care so much about gas stations.

I guess there is a reason why Oklahoma is one of the unhealthiest states in the country.
    When you drive a lot, as I used to for work, you start to value a nice gas station. As a practical matter, it's a lot nicer to drop a deuce in an On Cue or a QT than it is at the various 7-11's.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOkie View Post
    When you drive a lot, as I used to for work, you start to value a nice gas station. As a practical matter, it's a lot nicer to drop a deuce in an On Cue or a QT than it is at the various 7-11's.
    Well when you frame it like that, you probably have a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOkie View Post
    It's similar to the situation with all of the low-end grocery stores around here. It's like people just don't realize how much nicer things can be (and often are elsewhere). On the East coast, I like Wawa: Wawa - Home Page

I am happy OnCue finally opened up in Norman. It's nice to have a gas station that is nicer than any other gas station in town (but similar to what you can find elsewhere). Yes, it's a gas station . . . yes, it's a grocery store . . . but we can do better than what we have, and we should expect better.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Well when you frame it like that, you probably have a good point.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    . . .the Brown family, which owns OKC 7-Eleven, which itself is a separate company from the rest of 7-Eleven.
    And that's the same reason that they can gussy up their stores here all they want to, and we'll still never be able to experience these the way God intended:

The Brown family is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock View Post
    It's similar to the situation with all of the low-end grocery stores around here. It's like people just don't realize how much nicer things can be (and often are elsewhere). On the East coast, I like Wawa: Wawa - Home Page

I am happy OnCue finally opened up in Norman. It's nice to have a gas station that is nicer than any other gas station in town (but similar to what you can find elsewhere). Yes, it's a gas station . . . yes, it's a grocery store . . . but we can do better than what we have, and we should expect better.
    How refreshing it is to go to a gas station where the trash cans at the pumps are emptied, card readers that work, window squeegies and cleaning fluid at the pumps, no dried vomit on the sidewalks, curbs that don't tear the front end of your car off, that are clean enough that loiterer's aren't hanging out for drug deals, etc. OnCue is the place for me.

The 7-11s in the inner NW core are akin to the 18th and Classen Homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by nookie View Post

i rest my case.
    yes!

A new building going up in Yukon. It looks to be a gas station and a 7-11 at that. The location is southeast corner of Garth Brooks and NW 10th, caddy-corner from the Ford dealership and Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    And that's the same reason that they can gussy up their stores here all they want to, and we'll still never be able to experience these the way God intended:

I liked the ICEE branding better than Slurpee branding, either way they are the same things

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I liked the ICEE branding better than Slurpee branding, either way they are the same things
    No they're not. Slurpees at corporate 7-11's are a different animal than the Icee machines here in Oklahoma City.

Slurpee cups are sooooo much cooler than ICEE cups.

Actually, the 7-Elevens here have ICY drinks, not ICEE, which is a different company's trademark.

And since the frozen drinks were brought up...I love the Sugar-Free Peach Mango Slurpee at the DFW 7-Elevens! Why can I not find a diet frozen drink anywhere in this city?

Thread Information