Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 123456752 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

I think there ought to be a rule that there is a separate register for the purchase of lottery tickets. I don't have anything against people wanting to burn up five, ten or twenty dollars if that's what they choose to do. I do have something against their holding up the flow of normal commerce when I just want to get in and get out. If 7-Eleven doesn't "do" lottery tickets, I think they just became my convenience store of choice. Thanks for the tip!

7/11 seems very popular for their coffee (soda guy myself) and for day labor lunch food, ice for coolers, etc. It may be a wash overall when it comes to in/out speed.

No one is saying that QTs should merit a move to a different locale. It's just a far superior product to other gas station options in the area. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    No one is saying that QTs should merit a move to a different locale. It's just a far superior product to other gas station options in the area. That's it.
    uh . . . huh? (say wha'?)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    uh . . . huh? (say wha'?)
    oh geeeeesh, when RM doesn't follow an odd thought pattern, you know it's an odd thought pattern

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    I do not think so, it is a just gas station, people get gas, buy drinks/food, use the restroom and leave in 5 minutes, nobody stays in a gas station longer than 5 minutes unless it is a very long line which is rare

Look for OnCue to put their next facility at the former Hometown Buffet site on the NW Highway.

Quote Originally Posted by LuccaBrasi View Post
    Look for OnCue to put their next facility at the former Hometown Buffet site on the NW Highway.
    I guess that's possible but it's only about 2 miles from the one they just opened at NW Expressway and Wilshire.

Two miles isn't too close, especially if it precludes another competing company from setting up shop on that corner. The newest 7/11 in Norman is approx. two miles, or less, from a long standing 7/11 in either direction from it along Robinson, with another two miles or less to the NNE. I drive by 3 of the 4 regularly. I don't see any of them sitting empty, not even when I've been out at 4:30 am.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Two miles isn't too close, especially if it precludes another competing company from setting up shop on that corner. The newest 7/11 in Norman is approx. two miles, or less, from a long standing 7/11 in either direction from it along Robinson, with another two miles or less to the NNE. I drive by 3 of the 4 regularly. I don't see any of them sitting empty, not even when I've been out at 4:30 am.
    I"m not saying it won't happen but I haven't seen any of the On Cue stores that close together in OKC so far. 7 - 11 stores are on almost every corner though.

True, they do not have any that close together, but I think this could be one exception they are exploring with the traffic count on NWH and 63rd. It's a high exposure site on 2 sides. OC initially wanted the corner of McArthur and NWH, but the owners would not sell, so they settled on the Wilshire location. Then the 2owners on that corner decided to sell to 7-11. The Wilshire site works best for morning east bound traffic, not so much for west bound traffic. The Hometown site would capture all the 5pm traffic heading home. I think it could take a lot of business from the 7-11's at Independence and NWH and at 63rd and Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    I do not think so, it is a just gas station, people get gas, buy drinks/food, use the restroom and leave in 5 minutes, nobody stays in a gas station longer than 5 minutes unless it is a very long line which is rare
    That 5 minute experience is of a higher quality than other gas stations. QTs are cleaner with nicer, more helpful employees because they actually provide really good benefits. I'm guessing you haven't been to the new model QTs? You actually might stay more than 5 minutes. There is a service, restaurant-style area for ordering smoothies or ice cream mixes. It's just a gas station... that is way better than the other gas stations.

So, I've heard earlier on in this thread that a QT will never happen in OKC. Is that really true or just speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So, I've heard earlier on in this thread that a QT will never happen in OKC. Is that really true or just speculation?
    There is a gentleman's agreement.

7-11 gas is bad for your vehicle 100% gas is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by 1972ford View Post
    7-11 gas is bad for your vehicle 100% gas is the way to go
    Every 7-11 stations in my area either post they either use 100% gas or have the option of both.

Most of the ones I see only offer 85% to 90% no 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Every 7-11 stations in my area either post they either use 100% gas or have the option of both.
    The ones by my house have the option.

I like QT's, but good grief. Take a chill pill. They're cool, but nothing to have an orgasm over. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I"m not saying it won't happen but I haven't seen any of the On Cue stores that close together in OKC so far. 7 - 11 stores are on almost every corner though.
    It is NW Expressway though. Lots of traffic that sees the 63rd/Expressway intersection that doesn't see the Wilshire/Expressway intersection.

7-11 could use a little bigger lot. The ones on NW Highway and Independence as well as at NW 50th and MacArthur seem to be particularly small. Hey at least you guys have a clean 7-11 to go to. Out in El Reno most of the gas/convenience stores are old and dirty. Yes, I said clean 7-11. You want to see a dirty gas/convenience store go out to El Reno. Yes QT's are nicer but I ain't complaining about 7-11. I would love to have one out in El Reno. If an OnCue came to El Reno I think my dad would smile for a week straight. He loves the cheap hot dogs.

7-11 is embarking on a mission to upgrade their new stores and remodel many of their existing ones in order to compete with OnCue's gradual onslaught on OKC. They are planning to do some upgrades in terms of design, finishes, and overall branding, somewhat along the lines of QT and OnCue. I will believe it when I see it.....

THere is a 7-11 out in Canadian County; I believe its at Yukon Pkwy and Mustang Rd; and its all re-done and competes with OnCue. In fact, I think it has some things you cannot get at OnCue; stuff I could take home and cook, or eat on the go.

THere is a 7-11 out in Canadian County; I believe its at Yukon Pkwy and Mustang Rd; and its all re-done and competes with OnCue. In fact, I think it has some things you cannot get at OnCue
    The one at Yukon Pkwy and NW 10th is only like a year or two old, the one at Mustang road and SW 15th is only a few years older than that one. I don't think either have been modified from there original plan, they were just built off newer plans.

They did build a newer version at Vandament (23rd) and Holly and close the old one (after removing the old gas tanks & pumps) that was at that same intersection.

I think if 7-11 is going to compete we will see it when they build on the land they purchased at the SW corner of MacArthur and NW Expressway. That is a prime location and is near On Cue.

Thread Information