Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

OnCue Express, OG&E Partner To Launch EV Charging Station

Electric vehicle drivers now have a new location where they can quickly and conveniently charge their electric vehicle (EV), thanks to OG&E and OnCue.

The two companies have partnered on a pilot installation of a level 3, DC fast charging station at the Yukon, Okla. OnCue, located at 1000 North Czech Hall Rd.
    ----
    The charging station is located on the south side of the store across from the dog park. During the pilot period, charging will be complimentary to customers. Basic data including time of day, length of use and how much energy is consumed, will be collected during the pilot and will assist in evaluating and improving future EV infrastructure development.

Drove by the I-240 & S. May Ave. location today and it looks like it should open any day now.

They need to build a flagship store somewhere between Norman and the Texas line on I35.

Just cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    They need to build a flagship store somewhere between Norman and the Texas line on I35.

Just cause.
    OnCue needs to go take a look at *their* next best competition - a currently Texas-only chain called Buc-ees. We were in the DFW area and right at Exit 70 off I-35W is one of their newer locations, and the place is amazing - it's like an OnCue cross-bred with a Hobby Lobby, a State Fair, mixed in with steroids.

This place had, I think, close to *50* gas pumps, to say nothing of a *packed* parking lot in front of a store that's more along the size of a WalMart Grocery Store than an OnCue. I'd conservatively say you could fit *four* OnCue's into this place. There's a section with nothing but camping/fishing gear, another snack section where it looks like they just called EVERY vendor on earth and said "send one-each of every snack food you make." FOUR Icee-drink machines cranking, hot samples of sausage in the middle, along with fresh stuff of all varieties being cooked up in the back - along with bags of roasted nuts and site-made fudge. And we didn't even go into their *home decor* area where they had tons of knickknacks.

Yeah, I know, to be that stunned by a convenience store is a little over the top, but man, this place just reset the bar on what a convenience store really is. This place makes 7-11 look like a vending machine in a bad part of town. It really is to OnCue *exactly* what OnCue is to 7-11 in terms of competitor.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    OnCue needs to go take a look at *their* next best competition - a currently Texas-only chain called Buc-ees. We were in the DFW area and right at Exit 70 off I-35W is one of their newer locations, and the place is amazing - it's like an OnCue cross-bred with a Hobby Lobby, a State Fair, mixed in with steroids.

This place had, I think, close to *50* gas pumps, to say nothing of a *packed* parking lot in front of a store that's more along the size of a WalMart Grocery Store than an OnCue. I'd conservatively say you could fit *four* OnCue's into this place. There's a section with nothing but camping/fishing gear, another snack section where it looks like they just called EVERY vendor on earth and said "send one-each of every snack food you make." FOUR Icee-drink machines cranking, hot samples of sausage in the middle, along with fresh stuff of all varieties being cooked up in the back - along with bags of roasted nuts and site-made fudge. And we didn't even go into their *home decor* area where they had tons of knickknacks.

Yeah, I know, to be that stunned by a convenience store is a little over the top, but man, this place just reset the bar on what a convenience store really is. This place makes 7-11 look like a vending machine in a bad part of town. It really is to OnCue *exactly* what OnCue is to 7-11 in terms of competitor.
    Buc-ee's is absolute overkill and it's a f*cking nightmare to visit, but their fudge is incredible.

Buc-ee's sounds very, very awesome - but it also sounds like the very antithesis of a "convenience store". And the idea of that many fuel pumps just makes me think of the Buy-N-Large gas station from WALL-E. I wouldn't mind if Buc-ee's had a store here, but I also wouldn't want OnCue to turn into something like that, either.

The OnCue at Waterloo & I-35 looks like it's going to be a beast.

They are getting a jump on the expansion on the east side of Edmond/southern Logan county. Remember that the whole I-35/Waterloo rd exchange is going to be expanded. Also consider all the current and proposed housing additions that have been approved to go in. They just plan on cleaning up on all the business. All those workers building houses will need some place close to get gas, a snack, then all the new home owners will need to stop for gas, and a cup of coffee and a snack on the way to work. Makes business sense to me. Also the plan is for the Covell parkway to extend east of I-35 to Douglas, up Douglas to Waterloo and then Waterloo to I-35.

Yeah in 2021 now :/

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    They closed on two tracts of land this past week. One is the Travelodge on Expressway and the other is around 178th and Penn.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-county-pr...rticle/5517527
    Where exactly is the one at 178th and Penn going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by djohn View Post
    Where exactly is the one at 178th and Penn going to be?
    It's actually 6 acres on the SW corner of NW 178th and Western.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    The OnCue at Waterloo & I-35 looks like it's going to be a beast.
    Opens today.

I saw a coming soon OnCue sign at the S.E. corner of highway 66 and Kilpatrick near Yukon

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    I saw a coming soon OnCue sign at the S.E. corner of highway 66 and Kilpatrick near Yukon
    Yep, they're putting one in near that new apartment complex right at the turnpike exit.

15. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Did something happen to the planned OnCue on the old Travelodge site on NW Expressway? There's been absolutely no visible movement on that site since they took down the old building sometime last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Did something happen to the planned OnCue on the old Travelodge site on NW Expressway? There's been absolutely no visible movement on that site since they took down the old building sometime last fall.
    They haven't even filed a building permit yet.

I suspect they just are busy.

15th and I35 location looks like it's only 3-4 months away

OnCue has about 30 or so locations in OKC. Their plan is to get 50 or more, then they will expand into another market.

I was told this by an exec in the company late last year.

I sure wish they would find a spot on Classen.

Huge need and tons of traffic; no good options except a horrible 7/11 and some similar places.

20. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I sure wish they would find a spot on Classen.

Huge need and tons of traffic; no good options except a horrible 7/11 and some similar places.
    Sure don't know where it would be unless a tract of land became available near the new boulevard.... Just not many parcels along Classen where they could fit.

How about the old Horn's space?

22. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    How about the old Horn's space?
    Possibly.... That might require obtaining the furniture store too but I would think they would make a killing there.

23. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Isn't there one going in already across the street at NW Expressway and Blackwelder where the hotel is? Or did that fall through?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Isn't there one going in already across the street at NW Expressway and Blackwelder where the hotel is? Or did that fall through?
    Still happening as they tore down the motel but are busy with other sites.

The Gold Dome is available, 23rd and Classen.

Thread Information