Widgets Magazine

Thread: Serge Ibaka reaches agreement on four-year extension with Oklahoma City

Default Serge Ibaka reaches agreement on four-year extension with Oklahoma City

Default Re: Serge Ibaka reaches agreement on four-year extension with Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    I would love to see Harden extended but I don't think it's the most critical part of our future.

Default Re: Serge Ibaka reaches agreement on four-year extension with Oklahoma City

Now on to Harden...My guess is he takes less than he could get elsewhere to stay here since he really wants to stick around this group

In the past, like Collison and Perkins, they'll give a lump sum bonus in any particular year to spread the money around. We'll see if they have done that with Serge and can pull it off with James.

Swat-tacular!!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I would love to see Harden extended but I don't think it's the most critical part of our future.
    Couldn't disagree more. Harden is much more valuable than Ibaka. I don't think this deal would have gotten done if there wasn't already a good plan to get Beard's deal done also. This more likely means that Perkins might amnestied after next season to make way for both contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Harden is much more valuable than Ibaka. I don't think this deal would have gotten done if there wasn't already a good plan to get Beard's deal done also. This more likely means that Perkins might amnestied after next season to make way for both contracts.
    I don't remember saying anything about Ibaka versus Harden so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I don't remember saying anything about Ibaka versus Harden so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about.
    In a thread about Ibaka's extension you mentioned Harden's extension as not being critical. You're right. You didn't imply any connection whatsoever.

In a thread about Ibaka's extension you mentioned Harden's extension as not being critical. You're right. You didn't imply any connection whatsoever.
    Thanks, I glad you understand then.

Blog Entries

Ibaka's agent was smart and got ahead of Harden's agent in getting what few scraps were left on the table before the luxury tax kicks in. Last year, you had to exceed $58 million; the big question is will it (luxury tax) be higher or lower this (2012-13)year.

I promise the Thunder aren't operating on a first come first serve basis. The Thunder would not possibly pick Ibaka over a harden because his agent was quicker to the table. They're too good for that.

I feel confident that Harden will get extended because without him we are not a championship contender anymore. There is a good chance the Thunder amnesty Perkins or trade Thabo or Ibaka or someone to make salaries work once the luxury tax rears its ugly head...

Blog Entries

I promise the Thunder aren't operating on a first come first serve basis. The Thunder would not possibly pick Ibaka over a harden because his agent was quicker to the table. They're too good for that.

I feel confident that Harden will get extended because without him we are not a championship contender anymore. There is a good chance the Thunder amnesty Perkins or trade Thabo or Ibaka or someone to make salaries work once the luxury tax rears its ugly head...

Good perspective on the Harden vs. Ibaka signing; this gives me more confidence that they are going to get Harden signed since Ibaka's contract was pushed through. This may mean going over the salary cap (luxury tax).

I doubt if they would trade Thabo; he is a defensive presence that we can't afford to lose. It was Thabo who locked down on Kobe during the L.A. series.

Harden is going to have to step up his defensive efforts and Ibaka will need to improve his ball handling and shooting.

The Thunder are primed for attracting good free-agents--not just any free-agent; it's definitely going to have to be someone who can fit in with the team and not become a distraction. Perkins was a risky addition to the Thunder in that he was the only established big man available during the trade; however, his attitude could have been very disruptive to the team's chemistry. Glad the Thunder took the high road during what appeared to be many questionable calls in the NBA championship finals that affected both teams.

Don't expect the Thunder to bring in any free agents of significance any time soon. All their money will be tied up in these extensions. They'll have to fill out their bench with dirt cheap, projects like Hollis Thompson and Hasheem Thabeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Ibaka's agent was smart and got ahead of Harden's agent in getting what few scraps were left on the table before the luxury tax kicks in. Last year, you had to exceed $58 million; the big question is will it (luxury tax) be higher or lower this (2012-13)year.
    the luxury tax level was 70 mil last year .. and it stayed at 70 mil for this coming season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    The Thunder are primed for attracting good free-agents--not just any free-agent; it's definitely going to have to be someone who can fit in with the team and not become a distraction. Perkins was a risky addition to the Thunder in that he was the only established big man available during the trade; however, his attitude could have been very disruptive to the team's chemistry. Glad the Thunder took the high road during what appeared to be many questionable calls in the NBA championship finals that affected both teams.
    I have no clue what you're talking about. The Thunder brought in Perkins because of his attitude. He's a positive influence for young players, a hard worker, a tough guy on the court, and a great teammate off of it. This has been repeated by ownership, Brooks, and players. Where did you come up with this?!?

The only reason we shouldn't have brought Perkins in is because he is an offensive liability and Brooks predictably misused him (e.g., overplaying him against the Heat's small ball in the Finals).

Perkins is a beast on the defensive side of the court, which is why he was brought in. Remember how Nenad Kristic couldn't stop any big from scoring. Perk is very tough in the low post, and a good team player. Just needs to get his offense in gear, in other words, when he gets the ball under the basket, go up and throw it down !

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Perkins is a beast on the defensive side of the court, which is why he was brought in. Remember how Nenad Kristic couldn't stop any big from scoring. Perk is very tough in the low post, and a good team player. Just needs to get his offense in gear, in other words, when he gets the ball under the basket, go up and throw it down big man!!!!
    Fixed it fer ya.

Perkins is a beast on the defensive side of the court, which is why he was brought in. Remember how Nenad Kristic couldn't stop any big from scoring. Perk is very tough in the low post, and a good team player. Just needs to get his offense in gear, in other words, when he gets the ball under the basket, go up and throw it down !

I remember during the playoffs, can't remember exactly which game, Perk actually made a little jumper. And the announcers went crazy! You would think someone just scored a three pointer from past half-court. I thought it was kind of funny.

This is what I'm saying! I hated it when he caught the ball under the basket, try to lay it up, and it would get swatted. You're a big man! Do what big men are supposed to do and throw that sh%t down!

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    This is what I'm saying! I hated it when he caught the ball under the basket, try to lay it up, and it would get swatted. You're a big man! Do what big men are supposed to do and throw that sh%t down!
    Is this Grant Long?

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    Fixed it fer ya.
    Yes, that's what I meant !

Is this Grant Long?
    Grant is always saying ' Throw It on his HEAD ' !!!

Thread Information