Widgets Magazine

Thread: Apartments: 122nd and Penn?

Default Apartments: 122nd and Penn?

I could possibly be accepting a job in OKC and will be relocating soon from Charlotte. If I get the offer I will need to get an apartment fast so I can get moved. How is the area at 122nd and Penn. There are a lot of complexes in that area. I am looking for something in the $500-600 range to start out in.

What about the south side? If I lived in Moore, how bad would the commute be to NW 63rd and the Broadway Ext?

Any recommendations for me in this price range? Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Apartments: 122nd and Penn?

122nd and Penn is hit or miss. Lots of complexes so take that for what it's worth, but lots of amenities in the general area. It's definitely close to your job. I'm not a fan of the Sothside or Moore, but to each their own. $500-$600 won't buy you much anywhere, even in OKC, although your dollar will stretch farther here than Charlotte. You MIT try something in the N. May or NW Expressway area as well.

You do not want to live at Penn & 122nd

I haven't priced apartments in a while, but look at any downtown options or that complex off Lincoln & 50th (sorry I can't remember the name, maybe someone can help).

Pahdz, $500 or $600 per month will not get you anyplace downtown.

Check out Pheasant Run at 63rd and Meridian. It's a well maintained older complex and is in that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Check out Pheasant Run at 63rd and Meridian. It's a well maintained older complex and is in that price range.
    I agreed P R are great apartments and the P R Villas are as well. Good luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkTransplant View Post
    Pahdz, $500 or $600 per month will not get you anyplace downtown.
    There are some places off of Robinson in Jefferson Park that someone can get in that range.

If someone is working off of 63rd and the Broadway Extension, there are plenty of options for decent places. I'm personally just not fond of 122nd and Penn. There are better places, even around the immediate Quail Springs area.

Have you looked at Warwick West off of Northwest Expressway? One of the nicer older complexes in the city. I would also second Pheasant Run.

8. Default Re: Apartments: 122nd and Penn?

We rented near 122nd/Penn 5 years ago when we first moved to OKC, while we looked for a house. We stayed in the apt. a total of about 2 weeks. We ended up buying out our lease and getting a homebuilder to do a 10 day escrow on a spec house for us. It was that bad. Your mileage may vary, but I would NOT live there.

What part of town is your new job in ? That is usually the best indicator for where to look for an apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    What part of town is your new job in ? That is usually the best indicator for where to look for an apartment.
    He/she said Broadway Extension and 63rd...

I would avoid 122nd and Penn. I lived in an apartment in that area in the early 90s, and it was already starting to go downhill. One complex just west of that intersection has more chalk outlines on its property than it does paint for parking spaces. In your price range, I'd try one of the complexes mentioned in other posts. Wedgewood Village on NW Expressway might be another option to look at. FYI..That complex at 50th and Lincoln that was mentioned is REAL close geographically to where your job will be.

In your price range... try the apartments off of Meridian, south of I-40. Watersedge. Very bluecollar-ish resident population, but mostly solid people. I lived there 1 1/2 year and never saw any crime. Never gets too loud.

There are a lot of better choices for commuting to NW 63rd & Broadway. The complex at 50th & Lincoln is close and good, as is anything in South Edmond. I would also check out The Links at NE 122nd and Broadway.

The complexes right off Broadway just north of the turnpike are not a bad suggestion. The Links would also be good (especially if you like to golf).

i live off of 63 and villa at the fairway park and a 1 bedroom runs about 450 last time i checked and they are pretty good apartments i have been there for almost 5 years never had any trouble and its about 5 miles from nw 63 broadway extension

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjim View Post
    i live off of 63 and villa at the fairway park and a 1 bedroom runs about 450 last time i checked and they are pretty good apartments i have been there for almost 5 years never had any trouble and its about 5 miles from nw 63 broadway extension
    Apartments on Penn north of Kilpatrick are nice and safe...i would stay away from anything south of kilpatrick.

Thanks for the replies. I should find out this week if I get the job. If I do, I'll be trying to get an apartment as soon as possible. I will stay away from 122nd and Penn. I went into get information and I saw a ton of shady characters walking around. I'll probably center my search around Quail Springs north of the turnpike and South Edmond. I'll also check out that one at 50th and Lincoln. I did check out one in that area but they were wanting $1000/month which is way out of my price range.

122nd and Penn is horrible and crime ridden. Go west, north, or a lot further south.

I dont think all places at 122 and Penn are that bad... we lived there for 6 months while our house was being built. There were some shady characters but never bothered or felt unsafe.

Thread Information