Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nordstrom Rack

Northwest OKC Nordstrom Rack

$2 million building permit today to remodel 33,455 square feet in Belle Isle Station for Nordstrom Rack.

This would be the old Linens n' Things space, C1 below and the first of any type of Nordies in the state:

Default Re: Nordstrom Rack to Belle Isle Station

Noting says Oklahoma like a Nordstrom rack next door to a Super Wal-Mart.

Nordstrom Rack always goes in these types of "power centers".

Of course we would love to get a full-scale Nordies but a Rack will be a nice addition to the local market. I predict a smash hit.

Yes, this is a nice addition for Okc and I agree with your prediction it will be a "smash hit".

I hope the people shopping at the Rack aren't surprised by what they see next door, the Belle Isle WM has a reputation.

Great news!

Will this be our second one? I was thinking we have one at the Outlet Mall???

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    No, this will be the first Nordstrom presence in the state.

Racks are massive stores, almost 35,000 square feet in this instance. An outlet store is usually well less than 10,000 sf.

There is not one at the Outlet Mall? You may be thinking of Saks Off Fifth which is owned by Saks Fifth Avenue. Last time I was in the city, found some great shirts and shoes at Off Fifth! Nordstrom Rack will be a great addition to the OKC shopping scene. I shop at the NR at Park Lane in Dallas and it is absolutely a great store! I find lots of good things there as well!

Nice! Any inkling of completion dates yet?

great add this is a wonderful addition to okc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Racks are massive stores, almost 35,000 square feet in this instance. An outlet store is usually well less than 10,000 sf.
    I have been to one at Ontario Mills Outlet and it was very large, and they are in Grapevine Mills also, aren't they. They take anchor spots in Outlet malls too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I have been to one at Ontario Mills Outlet and it was very large, and they are in Grapevine Mills also, aren't they. They take anchor spots in Outlet malls too.
    I wonder how fast this will move...since the building already exists.... Could we see it open before year end?

Ontario Mills is 1.5 million square feet compared to OKC's Outlet stores which total about 350,000 sf.

Not nearly comparable and in OKC, Saks is the only larger tenant and it's only 25,000 sf.

My point was the Belle Isle power center is more typical for them than a small outlet mall. Most of their stores in California are not in an sort of outlet mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I think you're referring to Last Call by Neiman Marcus at Grapevine Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by okcfollower View Post
    I wonder how fast this will move...since the building already exists.... Could we see it open before year end?
    No reason it shouldn't be if they get started within the month.

I'm sure they will push hard to be open before the Christmas season.

Their build-outs are pretty bare bones, so they may be able to knock it out pretty quickly.

This is great news for OKC. At some point they will be finding space to get a real Nordstroms, now. But this is the first step!

18. Default Re: Nordstrom Rack to Belle Isle Station

This is AWESOME! I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more if this one goes well.

Fantastic!! Definitely wish Walmart wasn't next door, but you take what you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    Fantastic!! Definitely wish Walmart wasn't next door, but you take what you can get.
    I could see maybe one more opening as well...but maybe not as Dallas only has 4 of these stores total so having one will probably be it

No, this will be the first Nordstrom presence in the state.

That's not possible, Pete. We're always being reminded that Tulsa gets everything first. LOL

http://newsok.com/nordstrom-rack-see...rticle/3701538

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    There is not one at the Outlet Mall? You may be thinking of Saks Off Fifth which is owned by Saks Fifth Avenue. Last time I was in the city, found some great shirts and shoes at Off Fifth! Nordstrom Rack will be a great addition to the OKC shopping scene. I shop at the NR at Park Lane in Dallas and it is absolutely a great store! I find lots of good things there as well!
    You are correct...I was thinking of Saks Off Fifth...Thanks!

I'm sure they will push hard to be open before the Christmas season.

Their build-outs are pretty bare bones, so they may be able to knock it out pretty quickly.

Looks like a K-Mart. I am a bit surprised by this, although it is clearance/overstock merchandise, seems like they would be interested in protecting the upscale image of the overall brand?? Looks like that could be accomplished in a couple of weeks, max.

Looks like a K-Mart. I am a bit surprised by this, although it is clearance/overstock merchandise, seems like they would be interested in protecting the upscale image of the overall brand?? Looks like that could be accomplished in a couple of weeks, max.
    the service people are very good .. and it has very high quality merch ... but other wise it is not much different than ross or marshalls ..

Went to Ross for the first time yesterday and was surprised by how much it looked like what Pete posted...the quality may be better but I would think they would want to protect the brand name more that what that pic showed. Considering the building and space already exists, does that pic look anything close to a $2 million building permit? How expensive can shoe & clothing racks be?

Thread Information