Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Synchronizing the lights downtown?

Default Re: Synchronizing the lights downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by ProV1x View Post
    What the hell did I just read?
    I think it's some kind of poetry..

I have decided to find it quaint and humorous, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    The "Phone Technician/Re-Director" at "The OKC Hub" said that: "There are over 300 men in here and . . ."
    (i understood her use of ellipses . . . or maybe i didn't =)

It is always better not to capitalize "damn" when explaining, by phone, a particularly personally annoying traffic signal, to a "servant o' the people" . . .

Nor (neither?) does it demonstate neither veracity nor profundity to press on with determining the identity of "the go-to guy" (down at Traffic Control) . . . on account of the fact that: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" =)

Personally . . . I prefer Homemade Pomodoro (ala Tyler F.) t' [I]"Prego!!!"[/I
    However . . . It would be unfair to admit that I did see that OKC has begun to import B]"Rao's"[/B] (on the shelves of the local Homeland next to the expensive bread and cheese) which is the best.
    I guess. Capice? =)

i know . . i know . . .
    "selfish pleasures/anti-road rage" =)
    i hope they have fine-tuned the lights on a certain, un-named, contributory to wherever it is.
    Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and recommend you see a psychologist

Dude, he IS my psychologist. I'm paying him $500 per hour once a week. Do you think I'm overpaying?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    The "Phone Technician/Re-Director" at "The OKC Hub" said that: "There are over 300 men in here and . . ."
    (i understood her use of ellipses . . . or maybe i didn't =)

It is always better not to capitalize "damn" when explaining, by phone, a particularly personally annoying traffic signal, to a "servant o' the people" . . .

Nor (neither?) does it demonstate neither veracity nor profundity to press on with determining the identity of "the go-to guy" (down at Traffic Control) . . . on account of the fact that: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" =)

Personally . . . I prefer Homemade Pomodoro (ala Tyler F.) t' [I]"Prego!!!"[/I
    However . . . It would be unfair to admit that I did see that OKC has begun to import B]"Rao's"[/B] (on the shelves of the local Homeland next to the expensive bread and cheese) which is the best.
    I guess. Capice? =)

i know . . i know . . .
    "selfish pleasures/anti-road rage" =)
    i hope they have fine-tuned the lights on a certain, un-named, contributory to wherever it is.
    Let me translate this into English.

Everyone wants the lights synchronized so THIER car trip is easier. The traffic causes roadrage and other social ills. Roundabouts and traffic circles remove the need for traffic lights completely at a lower total cost, but you would be better off living in an urban environment where you didn't need a car at all.

About time somebody figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    There have been several times in the last six months where, between 5-5:30 only, I've made it from Reno and Classen to 23rd and Classen without hitting a light, and there was opposing traffic at many intersections. I presumed the fabled traffic light software upgrade was in place on this portion of road, but was it merely coincidence? Anyone else experience this?
    Great for those traveling on Classen Blvd. but since they changed the light a few months ago it takes at least 2 mins. to get across Classen at any time of day at any light along there even if there is no traffic coming. The timing seamed to change about the time that Devon started moving in to their new building or during the basketball finals not sure.

Thread Information