Anyone other than The Downtown Guy (see http://downtownguy.blogspot.com/2005...bricktown.html) go to Bricktown this past Saturday night?

Was it jumpin'! My son & his significant other invited me to join them & his son/my grandson, and we added my daughter & her husband.

The plan: eat at the BBQ place next to (East of) the Harkins; see the Star Wars flic on the Cine Capri; then eat ice cream at that neat ice cream shop next to the Harkins. The BBQ was so-so, the Cine Capri was great and packed (as for the movie, personally, I've tired of Star Wars a bit, but I love to go to that theater). The ice cream? Didn't get to have any this time (but have before & it's GREAT!) ... when we got out of the theater around 10 pm, there were more people walking around, riding the canal boats, AND eating in the ice cream parlour than I would ever have dreamed to see downtown Okc (or anywhere else in Okc, for that matter), spread out over the whole Bricktown campus. People were EVERYWHERE! It was a delight to see!

A mime was near the water area close to the Bricktown entrance after the movie ... sort of looked like Will Rogers done in pewter ... who was posing as a statue and of course was shocking/delighting the nice-sized crowd around him, especially the kids, when they least expected. Very well done, whoever he was/you are!

It was sort of an electric evening! Makes me want to go again and again!

Doug Loudenback